Living on your own

You sound bitter cuz your still at home with mommy.
Not bitter at all. I think you misread my post. Never pin-pointed anyone in this thread in a negative light. Simply referred to my own situation and referenced others in the majority of our age group(20s) who may think of getting their own spot asap with no plan or forcing themselves to live pay check to pay check.

Clearly I'm not the only one who sees how expensive it is these days for places to live.

You sound bitter cuz your still at home with mommy.
Not bitter at all. I think you misread my post. Never pin-pointed anyone in this thread in a negative light. Simply referred to my own situation and referenced others in the majority of our age group(20s) who may think of getting their own spot asap with no plan or forcing themselves to live pay check to pay check.

Clearly I'm not the only one who sees how expensive it is these days for places to live.

I see what you're saying about leaving too early, I did it when I was 21 and moved back home when I was 23. Now I'm back on my own and making things happen :nthat:

you running something similar to Taz's Angels? 
pimp.gif
Don't compare me to Taz no business sense self. Taz recruits the dumbest of the dumb on sugardaddy/sugarbaby websites. That house in miami is rented with no furniture and those so called angels be rolling around packed 7 deep in 1 sedan like illegal immigrants. That clothing line ain't never gonna drop and don't be fooled they not earning like that. Black hugh hefner is laughableMy girls have shot for reputable publications from maxim and fhm to strip magazine etc. and have many legit gigs. A couple of my former clients yall prolly seen on tv if yall watched vh1/oxygen as helped them become reality tv personalities. Almost my whole roster is white girls as they're just better for business.

Better for biz huh lol
Its real ****. Anyone in the industry knows that white girls have many advantages of being booked whether its for commercial, print, lingerie, promo, etc. White girls are more marketable in the overseas market too. I'm just keeping it 100

not to d ride young but taz aint nothing more than a modern pimp in 2013. dude using social media and parties to sell them girls and is trying to call it somethong else lol. before dudes had them in clubs, then craigslist, then bp, now he just gets dm's and runs its through there 

Truth is if you can afford to find a place that is 1/4th of your monthly income you should find your own spot. I recommend doing roomates first, splitting things 2 or 3 ways is very helpful should you need it. I mean we all love saving and financial security, but I would much rather be saving less and have the hunger to make a better life for myself if the funds I have aren't supporting my lifestyle.

I rent a home with some of my boys from college. My end is about 800$ a month. Everything included.

Last edited:
I see what you're saying about leaving too early, I did it when I was 21 and moved back home when I was 23. Now I'm back on my own and making things happen :nthat:

that's why i started this thread. im in similar situation. moved back and was able to save and paid off almost all of my loans. back on my grind and have some money saved up. been looking at some spots out here in SF/bay area

Last edited:
1000 rent

700 3 months gas and lights

30 cell

100 internet

200 groceries

Sydney, Australia 

side note: min wage is 17.00 and hour here.

Just a 28 year old black man from the streets of Lakeview San Francisco that's been blessed enough to make it out and provide a good life for my 2 kids, family/friends and myself

Can't even front I got madd respect for you. Same age as myself livin how a lot of cats out here would do it an you your own boss. Props to you. I'm a late bloomer, wish I had my mind right sooner. Baby steps though.

Last edited:
Yeah the cost living is supposed to be cheap here but seeing these post is making me realize it isn't unless you own a home.

A coworker was telling me buying a house in the Dallas area is the best value in the entire world right now. Dude was dead serious

I heard the same thing about Texas... have been researching and looking into real estate as of late

you should save up at least two months worth of rent before you live on your own. its good to have that cushion

Can't even front I got madd respect for you. Same age as myself livin how a lot of cats out here would do it an you your own boss. Props to you. I'm a late bloomer, wish I had my mind right sooner. Baby steps though.
Its all bout just finding ur lane and what u wanna do and it ain't no race either. A decade ago, I was fresh outa HS and ended up dropping outa college in less than a full year. Just gotta find and recognize opportunities in things u enjoy. I read that stay in shape thread and u seem like u be going hard. And like in the other thread u said ur a bodybuilder or whatever so u may wanna look into opportunities in the fitness industry personal training/nutrition or what not. Oh, and even tho I love both my kids, you've been smart so far by avoiding having them.

After a slight career change or different direction, I'll be moving out come December. :pimp:

After reading through the thread I should save a few months pay.

830$ 2 bedroom apt,
Cable/Heat included
40$ electric
weight room, pool, and computer room... not bad nice neighbors.

Rochester, Ny

Damn. I should consider moving up there. Way better than anything I can get here.

Back
Top Bottom