Living in Austin, Texas?

laugh.gif
@ people talm bout traffic.

apparently the average Austin commute time is something like 25 mins. Ill take that in a second.

it takes me almost 1.5 hours to get to work (office is 27.3 miles away) towards the District from MD I leave at 4:50 am.
mean.gif

:lol: @ people talm bout traffic.

apparently the average Austin commute time is something like 25 mins. Ill take that in a second.

it takes me almost 1.5 hours to get to work (office is 27.3 miles away) towards the District from MD I leave at 4:50 am. :smh:

People complain about Austin traffic because its still new to the city, 10 years ago you could drive the 30 miles across town in like 20 minutes during rush hour, now a days it's takes 75-90.

People in Austin complain about 'the ghetto' or 'the hood' but there's no real ghetto here. There are definitely places with lower income, section 8 housing, etc but its not like the projects or anything. I've lived in a number of these neighborhoods and never had any issues at all.

it takes me almost 1.5 hours to get to work (office is 27.3 miles away) towards the District from MD I leave at 4:50 am. :smh:

People complain about Austin traffic because its still new to the city, 10 years ago you could drive the 30 miles across town in like 20 minutes during rush hour, now a days it's takes 75-90.

People in Austin complain about 'the ghetto' or 'the hood' but there's no real ghetto here. There are definitely places with lower income, section 8 housing, etc but its not like the projects or anything. I've lived in a number of these neighborhoods and never had any issues at all.

I-35 has been bad for way longer than that.

I-35 has been bad for way longer than that.
Yeah, I started passing through in 2003- as fast as possible. Where you live Mister Friendly?

^ATX, there was no toll road up until the last few years- how long have you lived there?

Outskirts of San Antonio

Last edited:
I live back and forth between Houston and Austin so...

Please don't do it. Don't buy into the amazing, hipster place that the media makes Austin out to be.

It's cool, fun place to visit. But it's small and congested. For a family? No. Austin caters more towards the 18-25, hipster, eco-friendly, single crowd.

If you do move there, get a bike.

I really like Austin but I wouldn't live there.
This is the truth. I wouldn't live here to start a family, the outer-suburbs, maybe.But if you're a young dude maybe in the tech industry into like live music and organic foods or something :lol: it's the ideal place

It's cool. If you're white and enjoy live music, you'll have a great time.
basically.

Seriously how does every thread turn to race???
it's just comforting being around people with similar or the same culture as you at times. That's it.

Sorry to gravedig. Just applied for a probation job in Travis County. Would be moving from Boston. What are the big difference between the two? I've read Austin is pretty liberal also. The whole thought of hipster infestation has me meh though. Is it a diverse city?

wife was asking if i wanted to visit my in-laws in texas this summer. she wants to visit her friend in austin too. i told her i didn't want to spend my vacation staying inside, hiding from the heat. how bad is it in the day time in july? we have 2 little kids too. hate to not be able to do outdoors stuff.

You're probably looking at 100+ in July. At the very least upper 90s.

It's not as sticky and suffocating like Houston though.

I've known people who've visited at that time of the year and didn't think it was that bad. It can vary from person to person though.

my in-laws live in northlake. my daughter is only 3 and will dehydrate quickly. pretty sure we will decline their invite. that sounds rough.

Yea its gonna be pretty hot this summer seeing that it didn’t get that cold this year. BUTT it aint gonna be no 100+ everyday. Probably 95-98 daily average. Houston is where all the heat lives lol.

oh it's hot. been here my whole life and i will never not complain.
but if you like doing water stuff it can be a lot of fun

Street takeovers happen in a lot large cities. People move to Austin to live in Texas but not deal with all the yokel nonsense.

Texas is hot 8-9 months a year( March-November)

my in-laws live in northlake. my daughter is only 3 and will dehydrate quickly. pretty sure we will decline their invite. that sounds rough.
I visited TX(Katy) for the first time in 2016. I like the heat and welcome it being that im from Jamaica. First day in TX was cool and I was having a good time. Out of nowhere I didnt feel good. Come to find out I was dehydrated. TX heat is dry heat and was deceptive to me cause I wasnt sweating much. So watch out for dehydration for sure.

Back
Top Bottom