Living in Austin, Texas?

is austin as expensive as DC or NYC?

since its the state capitol, i would love to live there if there are jobs in the field that im interested in.

**** no it's not. DC is stupid expensive. One of my employees just bought a 5 bedroom 3 bath house for $200k. You'd need far more money then that in DC.

**** no it's not. DC is stupid expensive. One of my employees just bought a 5 bedroom 3 bath house for $200k. You'd need far more money then that in DC.

That's actually a good price for home here in DC :lol:

I like Ausitn I have family down there and if I could had found a job I would have moved there...I saw nice apartments for the low esp compared to DC :smh:

That's actually a good price for home here in DC
laugh.gif

I like Ausitn I have family down there and if I could had found a job I would have moved there...I saw nice apartments for the low esp compared to DC
mean.gif
Median home price IN the District is $460,000

DC is nice place to be stay for a little while but long term is out the question. property prices out here are redic...i see asking prices on small 3 bedroom houses in NE going to 5-600K+.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...f8fe50c-a13b-11e2-be47-b44febada3a8_blog.html

cant wait to leave

Last edited:
The job market continues to grow here in Austin. Of course selfishly id love it if no one else moved here due to traffic being awful already, but more people and more jobs in the economy is ultimately a good thing for Austin and Texas in general.

The job market continues to grow here in Austin. Of course selfishly id love it if no one else moved here due to traffic being awful already, but more people and more jobs in the economy is ultimately a good thing for Austin and Texas in general.
It's crazy but I heard that Texas could become a blue state in 20 years at the rate that people are moving in. Do you think that's true or was it exaggerated?

Alot of transplants from the west coast my dude (including me but went to hs down here as well and things are changing alot from what it used to be) but its still really conservative in some parts so I don't know...the job markets if you are into oil and energy or medicine(houston) is strong and with technology in Austin it's a possibility but the racism you encounter on the daily basis(at least for me) is aggravating as hell...that's why I am trying to transfer to Austin or back to sf

I live in Houston, Austin is little Cali to me. To be so small the traffic is terrible. My cousin lives in Round Rock. 20 min outside of Austin its alright. He went out there working for HP, works for Apple now. Apple's second largest site to Cupertino. I would live there. go to Dallas. We got enough transplants here in Houston.

what part of texas is mostly like socal ? :nerd:

ive only been to dallas once because of my parents friends there

they had a :evil: daughter too

Last edited:
We would be blue now if everyone voted or at least a battleground state.

There's still a lot of conservatism in most of the state. Austin is almost universally liberal, and it is starting to spread elsewhere but there are still a ton of longstanding families that remain very old school.

Austin is very much little Cali in a lot of ways, it's like a cross of Santa Cruz hippy with San Fran/Scott's valley tech, with so cal ambition. We are finally getting an in n out soon in round rock. So damn excited about that. If we could get a round table and a togos I would be thrilled.

^^^but t.perrys is just like in and out but without animal fries, so miss that

Last edited:
what part of texas is mostly like socal ? :nerd:

ive only been to dallas once because of my parents friends there

they had a :evil: daughter too
Been to SoCal a couple times...

Corpus Christi is pretty dope... Night life is surprisingly cool...

Nowhere close to SoCal in terms of size and yambs...

But the beach is dope...

Galveston to me can get popping on the beach front more than corpus... But the beach is nowhere near as pretty as corpus...

SoCal just has it all bruh... And it aimeem close.

im from Los Angeles/ Long Beach area
moved to houston junior year of HS. been here 6 yrs now
its cool and all but i dont see myself staying here
went to visit austin recently and its like cali bruh str8 up
made me miss home even though im in LA every few months..

but i told myself if i dont make back out to LA and have to stay in TX, Austin is where ill be.. :lol:
its super chill, everyone is friendly, hipster chicks everywhere :evil: :evil:
but its more then that, you can literally ride your bike everywhere. unlike houston where u need a car to do anything :smh:
the city is mad clean, and i heard the crime rate is pretty low. (dont quote me though)

its def a city i see myself living at...

it has lower rent prices in developing neighborhood's a little east of I-35, surrounding areas are a little shady though. it has a  great feel and culture. traffics some of the worst I've ever seen. the biggest upside is the college B****es.

Been to SoCal a couple times...

Corpus Christi is pretty dope... Night life is surprisingly cool...

Nowhere close to SoCal in terms of size and yambs...

But the beach is dope...

Galveston to me can get popping on the beach front more than corpus... But the beach is nowhere near as pretty as corpus...

SoCal just has it all bruh... And it aimeem close.

South Padre during spring break >>
but
Galveston during July 4th :x. There's just good vibes everywhere.

Austin is cool, as I said before its a lot like Cali minus the beach and palmtrees. It's comparable to an more inland city of Cali.

Most native Texan's despise Austin for what it has become. My boss is originally for the area and curse it any time its brought up.

Lots of girls but 6th street can get old very quick. You can get that Austin feel if you live in the Montrose area of Houston.

Unlike Austin, Houston has lot more than that to offer.

If you are very promiscuous, you will love Austin.

I live in Houston and can get to the same places that those in Austin can get to on a bike. People act like people are literally going everywhere in Austin on bikes. They literally go to work, grocery, close friends homes, local consignment shop and back home. Thats it and its all pretty close in proximity.

lived there for 4 years in the early 2000s. My favorite city ever, so much to do, great food, live music, wonderful place to live.

To me, Houston is more similar to LA.

Can't even compare a small city (geographically) to a city like LA. Sure, the liberal vibe and plentiful amount of socially active hipsters in Austin is comparable to LA, but Houston is a better comparison IMO.

Food, amount of people, things to do, even the traffic. :lol:

No city in TX compared to LA though, I have to say.

Last edited:
I am thinking very hard about moving to Houston.

I'm already applying to a bunch of oil jobs... hopefully I'll get to do something in the finance/accounting field.

Anybody can help a bro out can you PM me?

Also, how much would rent be for a 1 bedroom in the Houston area?

In CA it's about 600-700 bones... less for a ghetto area like Compton.

I am thinking very hard about moving to Houston.
I'm already applying to a bunch of oil jobs... hopefully I'll get to do something in the finance/accounting field.

Anybody can help a bro out can you PM me?
Also, how much would rent be for a 1 bedroom in the Houston area?

In CA it's about 600-700 bones... less for a ghetto area like Compton.

You can pay about that much and live really nice n the H. I pay $525 for a 700 sq foot condo. Its slightly in the hood. I say slightly because I have white, asian and hispanic neighbors. I am with in walking distance of where the Texans play.

A great area to look is 77054 in Har.com

Hers a great map.
https://www.maxleaman.com/mortgage-resources/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Houston-Zip-Code-Map.jpg

I go to school with this girl and she is a realator
Zanetia Mott

I prior Navy so this is the high life for me.

Back
Top Bottom