Living in Austin, Texas?

You can pay about that much and live really nice n the H. I pay $525 for a 700 sq foot condo. Its slightly in the hood. I say slightly because I have white, asian and hispanic neighbors. I am with in walking distance of where the Texans play.

A great area to look is 77054 in Har.com

Hers a great map.
https://www.maxleaman.com/mortgage-resources/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Houston-Zip-Code-Map.jpg

I go to school with this girl and she is a realator
Zanetia Mott

I prior Navy so this is the high life for me.
Man where you live at...off main next to target or in med center
I pay 870 in sugarland but have double doors to my apt... Looking to move when lease is up but I didn't know the med center was cheap like that... Or do you live off Kirby in west uni

You can pay about that much and live really nice n the H. I pay $525 for a 700 sq foot condo. Its slightly in the hood. I say slightly because I have white, asian and hispanic neighbors. I am with in walking distance of where the Texans play.

A great area to look is 77054 in Har.com

Hers a great map.
https://www.maxleaman.com/mortgage-resources/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Houston-Zip-Code-Map.jpg

I go to school with this girl and she is a realator
Zanetia Mott

I prior Navy so this is the high life for me.
sweet, I'm looking to move into a townhome/condo too

Man where you live at...off main next to target or in med center
I pay 870 in sugarland but have double doors to my apt... Looking to move when lease is up but I didn't know the med center was cheap like that... Or do you live off Kirby in west uni

I am to the west of Reliant Stadium just off 610. I pay 525 but most my neighbors pay 600+. The average in for a one bedroom on this side is about 650. On the otherside its about 750.

In the city of Houston you should not be renting at anything over 700, at that price you can buy a condo. Hold on to it and rent it out once you move out.

Thats my plan once Im out of school and figure if I will stay here or not.

Once I get married I need a spot to go if things dont work out and that she cant take because I had it before I met her.

Re-nup will be had.

sweet, I'm looking to move into a townhome/condo too

Here is the girls email [email protected]

Last edited:
Houston and Dallas >>>>>>> every other city in Texas

I live in sugar land btw.

Last edited:
I am to the west of Reliant Stadium just off 610. I pay 525 but most my neighbors pay 600+. The average in for a one bedroom on this side is about 650. On the otherside its about 750.

In the city of Houston you should not be renting at anything over 700, at that price you can buy a condo. Hold on to it and rent it out once you move out.

Thats my plan once Im out of school and figure if I will stay here or not.

Once I get married I need a spot to go if things dont work out and that she cant take because I had it before I met her.

Re-nup will be had.
Here is the girls email [email protected]
Yea I regret my rent every month
If u are west of reliant then you are going towards west uni/ the tre/ or ur on almeda and what you paying is awesome
Is your realtor a good friend?
Going to have to talk to her but the only thing is I work in Katy and 99 is a breeze for work but good looking out

Yea I regret my rent every month
If u are west of reliant then you are going towards west uni/ the tre/ or ur on almeda and what you paying is awesome
Is your realtor a good friend?
Going to have to talk to her but the only thing is I work in Katy and 99 is a breeze for work but good looking out

I'm behind cha cho's on 610 on Hearth. There are some brown condos over here.

I'm behind cha cho's on 610 on Hearth. There are some brown condos over here.
Okay now I know where your at, that area is not that bad though being that they are building up... But that cha chos is ratchet lol
I'll shoot you a pm so I can send her a formal and use you as a reference if you don't mind kinfolk

Last edited:
Okay now I know where your at, that area is not that bad though being that they are building up... But that cha chos is ratchet lol
I'll shoot you a pm so I can send her a formal and use you as a reference if you don't mind kinfolk

Thats cool.

If you like waiting in traffic,waiting hours to get into a restaurant,and since this niketalk you probably like shoes,there are way more sneakerheads than shoes in austin which means almost no release is easy without paying over retail,I would love to move away from austin but my entire family lives here and just cant.There is a ton of stuff to do but be prepared to wait your turn in line,id say the best word to describe austin is overcrowded.

Please don't do it. Don't buy into the amazing, hipster place that the media makes Austin out to be.

It's cool, fun place to visit. But it's small and congested. For a family? No. Austin caters more towards the 18-25, hipster, eco-friendly, single crowd.

If you do move there, get a bike.

I really like Austin but I wouldn't live there.
I have to agree with this ^.

I'm here in the bay, moved to Austin and then moved back few years ago. Beside dirt cheap living compare to CA, I can't find anything entertaining for daily activity.

For Austin, pros are: Rent/mortgage, cost of living, gas, blue collar job market, no state tax income, and couple of extra minor things.

Compare to the Bay, the missing are: culture, diversity, air quality of an ocean breeeze, business competition (so that consumer like us get the advantage), activities (there's always thing to do here), FOOD (plenty of culture options), white collar jobs, traffic (yes, Austin traffic is a b****! I would say worst than the Bay), medical (more hospital here), colleges (more here too), etc.

While Austin is a cool place when you visit (because we often get eyecandy with new things), for living it doesn't meet the standard and/or expectation of someone who used to live in the Bay.  Imagine yourself in Modesto or Fresno is the best example i could give. Remember the old used to say, "when there's too good to be true, ..."  If Austin was that great, all the CA peeps would have moved there and make CA a ghost state.

However, if you are firm with your decision, i would suggest looking into Round Rock or Pflugerville (like San Mateo/San Bruno distance to Austin), new city with population growing and newer  house (best bang for your bucks).  Plenty of peeps in these 2 cities are coming from CA so you may find your vibe there.  Best of luck man.

Last edited:
I have to agree with this ^.

I'm here in the bay, moved to Austin and then moved back few years ago. Beside dirt cheap living compare to CA, I can't find anything entertaining for daily activity.

For Austin, pros are: Rent/mortgage, cost of living, gas, blue collar job market, no state tax income, and couple of extra minor things.

Compare to the Bay, the missing are: culture, diversity, air quality of an ocean breeeze, business competition (so that consumer like us get the advantage), activities (there's always thing to do here), FOOD (plenty of culture options), white collar jobs, traffic (yes, Austin traffic is a b****! I would say worst than the Bay), medical (more hospital here), colleges (more here too), etc.

While Austin is a cool place when you visit (because we often get eyecandy with new things), for living it doesn't meet the standard and/or expectation of someone who used to live in the Bay.  Imagine yourself in Modesto or Fresno is the best example i could give. Remember the old used to say, "when there's too good to be true, ..."  If Austin was that great, all the CA peeps would have moved there and make CA a ghost state.

However, if you are firm with your decision, i would suggest looking into Round Rock or Pflugerville (like San Mateo/San Bruno distance to Austin), new city with population growing and newer  house (best bang for your bucks).  Plenty of peeps in these 2 cities are coming from CA so you may find your vibe there.  Best of luck man.

Some of that's true, some is subjective. Austin used to have more restraints per capita then any other us city, not sure if its still true. As far as things to do, that's subjective depending on what you like, but there is a lot here. Now the ocean breeze thing, man, I've been here for like 18 or 19 years and I still miss that desperately, and ill never get fully used to the heat here, and camping in Texas is a no go for me after being spoiled by going up in the Tahoe / ice house lake all the time as a kid. And I miss its it ice cream sandwiches more then almost anything. I'd kill for a box.

it's a mecca if you're white. really legit for other cultures. kinda weak for blacks unless you about that token black dude life

I feel like Austin has always catered to the white community. But Austin is only 8% black, so I can understand that.

There's a part of Austin that has a solid black community though. Near Huston-Tillotson University in Austin.

I feel like Austin has always catered to the white community. But Austin is only 8% black, so I can understand that.

There's a part of Austin that has a solid black community though. Near Huston-Tillotson University in Austin.

It's def predominately hipster,hippy, lance Armstrong wannabe white across most of the town but that's true about Huston tillotson.

there's no "scared for my life" neighborhoods in Austin fam quit it :lol:

thread isnt about race, its just something that has to be considered socially. not a huge deal just is what it is.

there's no "scared for my life" neighborhoods in Austin fam quit it :lol:

thread isnt about race, its just something that has to be considered socially. not a huge deal just is what it is.
But I like Austin, grew up in the bay, went to Elsik and lived on beechnut and spice lane and know when to be hood and know when to be I guess token( whatever the uck that means), so I guess only Donald glovers and blerds can live there??? I see what you are saying but I feel if you like a place why does your ethnicity, race, socio economic background have to do with anything
I have face more racism in houston then any other major city in Texas, and houston has a huge black population(and quite frankly my people hate on each other so much in this city it's crazy)
Maybe I am reading your comment wrong, excuse my ignorance
I like nature, all types of music and get along with everybody and enjoy culture
So I am a token for trying to enjoy life
No shots/shade thrown just trying to understand comment

Welp, this thread has hung a hard right and is headed straight off of a cliff.

Last edited:
Fam, that area around HTU is NOTHING compared to South Dallas, Third Ward (Houston), even "Stop 6" (Fort Worth)

Cut it out. :lol:

Lets keep this thread on the right track.

Bruhhh Austin is the friendliest place ever.

I went to HTU to do a meetup for some south beaches last year IT WAS SOOO SKETCH.

soon as i get there(9pm-10pm) dude(now a homie) dont answer his phone, so we go to the HTU campus and go to the gym asking around for dude. turns out he on the bball team, so like 8 6'5 ****** walk out tatted up all swole and **** circle us and ****...im like :smh: damn me and my boy (im like 5'9 160 lb he like 5'5 200lb) bout to take this L and get jacked lol. bruh they turned out to be some of the nicest people lol. gave me ride to my whip, took me to his place did the transaction and left. dude turned out to be cool as ****

Fam, that area around HTU is NOTHING compared to South Dallas, Third Ward (Houston), even "Stop 6" (Fort Worth)

Cut it out. :lol:

Lets keep this thread on the right track.

had to hold on my girl extra tight man.

Bruhhh Austin is the friendliest place ever.

I went to HTU to do a meetup for some south beaches last year IT WAS SOOO SKETCH.

soon as i get there(9pm-10pm) dude(now a homie) dont answer his phone, so we go to the HTU campus and go to the gym asking around for dude. turns out he on the bball team, so like 8 6'5 ****** walk out tatted up all swole and **** circle us and ****...im like :smh: damn me and my boy (im like 5'9 160 lb he like 5'5 200lb) bout to take this L and get jacked lol. bruh they turned out to be some of the nicest people lol. [COLOR=#red]gave me ride to my whip, took me to his place did the transaction and left.[/COLOR] dude turned out to be cool as ****

that could have ended terribly lol

Back
Top Bottom