Lexus Fans: The "IS" Goes COUPE!!!! vol. Soon... Sooooon

This is good news, I already like the look of the IS300 and IS350 even the IS250 is nice. Coupes are going to be sick.
smokin.gif

For most people in the U.S., the primary significance of 15 April 2008 was Tax Day, that dreaded deadline by which you must file (and, in some cases, pay) your personal Federal Income Tax. On that date, however, Lexus did something equally significant: they filed applications with both the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) and the Canadian Trade-Marks Office for IS250C, IS300C and IS350C trademarks.

For the terminally curious, the specific filings are:

United States:
IS250C: Application No. 77448695
IS300C: Application No. 77448728
IS350C: Application No. 77448711

Canada:
IS250C: Application No. 1391370
IS300C: Application No. 1391371
IS350C: Application No. 1391376

This bit of news is significant on a number of levels. For one thing, it kills speculation that Lexus would consider the upcoming 2-door variant of the Lexus IS a separate model line with its own IC prefix, as some past rumo(u)rs had suggested. More importantly, the filing of an IS300C trademark increases the likelihood that Lexus has answered our prayers and decided to build a 3GR-FSE-powered 2nd-generation IS300 for North America to plug the huge 102-hp and 92 lb/ft of torque gap between the IS250 and IS350.

Also noteworthy is the lack of an IS-FC (or IS-CF) filing of some sort. Does this mean that there won't be a 2-door variant of the IS-F? Or that it will wear the same IS-F moniker as the sedan? Or that Lexus will file for this separately, at a later date? Time to trot out the worn-out "time will tell" cliché...

Our thanks go to my.IS Canadian national Moderator k3vo for bringing this significant piece of news to our attention in a couple of posts in the General Discussion IS Convertible Spy Photo thread.
http://my.is/forums/f41/isxx0c-upcoming-2-door-lexus-gets-name-359710/

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]This picture is a rendering, not the real thing.[/color]

lexusiscoupe_450-op.jpg

http://my.is/forums/f87/convertible-spy-photo-354379/index2.html#post5366255

Can't wait to see how it performs against the G37. Matter of fact, can't wait to see how they style it compared to the sedan.

I hope its not too much of a dramatic change in the looks department. Now imagine a IS-F Coupe!!!!!

FIYAAAA!

ehhhh....It's ok.

G37 > IS Coupe.
... Man, have you even seen an actual picture of the IS Coupe to make your mind up like that?
laugh.gif

Yeah I always thought Lexus should have made a coupe version of this car.

Can't wait to see it.

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

I hope its not too much of a dramatic change in the looks department. Now imagine a IS-F Coupe!!!!!

FIYAAAA!

ehhhh....It's ok.

G37 > IS Coupe.
... Man, have you even seen an actual picture of the IS Coupe to make your mind up like that?
laugh.gif

Yea, it's posted in this thread.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by UbUiBeMe

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

FIYAAAA!

ehhhh....It's ok.

G37 > IS Coupe.
laugh.gif

Yea, it's posted in this thread.
grin.gif

smh.gif

lol at the response in here.

(i cant quote imon my phone) lol

but anyways, im excited to see what it ill turn out like

Originally Posted by 5washere

Yo Jae, is that a pic of it or what? Looks like a R33 mixed with the Evo X...

nerd.gif
I don't see similarities of either.

Lexus needs about 10 more years to get their *$*% together if they want to compete with BMW and Audi.........IS F = Garbage

Originally Posted by 5washere

Yo Jae, is that a pic of it or what? Looks like a R33 mixed with the Evo X...

yeah...its a spy shot of a "disguised" IS coupe from a month or so ago...but its clearly got the IS tails and rims...the one pictured is also ahard top convertible...

Back
Top Bottom