Let's Talk About ANCIENT WISDOM and other cool stuff even Aliens Vol. EGYPT/KEMET, SUMERIA, ALL THAT

Not to be completely disrespectful but as a Black Atheist... where does this leave me? Is this historical or mythological?

Not to be completely disrespectful but as a Black Atheist... where does this leave me? Is this historical or mythological?

Originally Posted by Napoleon

The way I see it, things have not changed in terms of the human condition over these thousands of years.

All mythology, to me, is history and the characters involved (gods especially) are archetypes/actual figures used to identify and clarify the many complicated sides there are to a person. Human Beings are of the Earth, and this is exhibited through our chemical makeup. Therefore, there is a common thread between all life on Earth, and I feel that this common thread brings all things together through experience. The problems a tree faces a person can face, and the stories of these Ancient deities are stories that people live through everyday, whether literally or metaphoically.

After so many millenia of existence, things have been done to death quite literally, and there is nothing new that can be said/done.

The more you read about these cultures and what they found important, as these cultures were at the zeniths of their times much like we are reaching nowadays, the more you can pave a way to be the best person YOU can be.

PLUS, call me a weirdo, but I think that there are things that were known/discovered back in those ancient times that were too mind-blowing even then, so those who were in charge of these discoveries sold the info to the highest bidder, who then used this information and passed it down through family and lost it in wars and so on and so forth.

I'm not saying I don't believe an A God, but I DEFINITELY don't believe that any of today's modern religions have a copyright on what God is. Whether God is the subatomic force that keeps matter together, or whether God to us in this solar system is simply the sun, I absolutely do not believe it's some dude in a beard chillin on a throne with Jesus sitting next to him. That's much to boring for starters, and that's all stuff we as humans do, there's no point for something as powerful and transcendent as God to even need a chair.

MY ultimate goal in learning/reading about/applying myself to this stuff is that I want to become my most timeless self. I want to be the me that I would have been in Ancient Egypt, Slavery times, as a Moor in Europe during the Dark Ages (ever wonder why they call it that?), and so on. If I could tap into THAT person, and have my instincts come from a perspective not of 2011 Trent Ferris but of a spirit that has existed since the dawn of time, I feel my decision making, judgements, and movements will be from a much more CENTERED and REAL place, making me a better person and hopefully bringing me more success with less stress and even less regrets.

The way I see it, things have not changed in terms of the human condition over these thousands of years.

All mythology, to me, is history and the characters involved (gods especially) are archetypes/actual figures used to identify and clarify the many complicated sides there are to a person. Human Beings are of the Earth, and this is exhibited through our chemical makeup. Therefore, there is a common thread between all life on Earth, and I feel that this common thread brings all things together through experience. The problems a tree faces a person can face, and the stories of these Ancient deities are stories that people live through everyday, whether literally or metaphoically.

After so many millenia of existence, things have been done to death quite literally, and there is nothing new that can be said/done.

The more you read about these cultures and what they found important, as these cultures were at the zeniths of their times much like we are reaching nowadays, the more you can pave a way to be the best person YOU can be.

PLUS, call me a weirdo, but I think that there are things that were known/discovered back in those ancient times that were too mind-blowing even then, so those who were in charge of these discoveries sold the info to the highest bidder, who then used this information and passed it down through family and lost it in wars and so on and so forth.

I'm not saying I don't believe an A God, but I DEFINITELY don't believe that any of today's modern religions have a copyright on what God is. Whether God is the subatomic force that keeps matter together, or whether God to us in this solar system is simply the sun, I absolutely do not believe it's some dude in a beard chillin on a throne with Jesus sitting next to him. That's much to boring for starters, and that's all stuff we as humans do, there's no point for something as powerful and transcendent as God to even need a chair.

MY ultimate goal in learning/reading about/applying myself to this stuff is that I want to become my most timeless self. I want to be the me that I would have been in Ancient Egypt, Slavery times, as a Moor in Europe during the Dark Ages (ever wonder why they call it that?), and so on. If I could tap into THAT person, and have my instincts come from a perspective not of 2011 Trent Ferris but of a spirit that has existed since the dawn of time, I feel my decision making, judgements, and movements will be from a much more CENTERED and REAL place, making me a better person and hopefully bringing me more success with less stress and even less regrets.

Originally Posted by Trent Ferris

I think some of it is interesting in that it expands my understanding of the mythology but I do think some of it is bunk. Its connection to what they knew back then IS interesting though and its connection to black/african origin.

I think some of it is interesting in that it expands my understanding of the mythology but I do think some of it is bunk. Its connection to what they knew back then IS interesting though and its connection to black/african origin.

well, yea, Human beings are not perfect, so there's a decent amount of BS in everything you see/hear/read, no matter how old or what culture it comes from.

The thing is, you're an atheist. And that works perfectly, because you already know that YOU determine what you believe, and that there is no rule saying you HAVE to believe something just because others do.

Thinking for oneself is one of those things I hold very close to my heart. I think that's why I've always been more comfortable around COOL atheists (not the ones who think they're right or have it figured out) than religious people.

well, yea, Human beings are not perfect, so there's a decent amount of BS in everything you see/hear/read, no matter how old or what culture it comes from.

The thing is, you're an atheist. And that works perfectly, because you already know that YOU determine what you believe, and that there is no rule saying you HAVE to believe something just because others do.

Thinking for oneself is one of those things I hold very close to my heart. I think that's why I've always been more comfortable around COOL atheists (not the ones who think they're right or have it figured out) than religious people.

This may be a little off topic but if anyone has seen "ancient aliens" the series on the history channel, they slightly touch on similar topics to this.

This may be a little off topic but if anyone has seen "ancient aliens" the series on the history channel, they slightly touch on similar topics to this.

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

could someone tell me more about Ra
ra means different things but along the lines of the same function.
The glyph for ra is a circle with a dot in the middle, or sphere within a sphere, nucleus in an atom, or can either be depicted with the symbol for a mouth which has lips fashioned in the way they look when make the "Rrrrrrr" tone. The reason a mouth was used was because of the nature of a mouth. Things go in and come out of the mouth, a door in a sense. Like food, speech, liquids. The concept was related to it's function and an allegorical tool used to refer to the giving and receptive actions of Ra. Ra was not just out sun, but the title for portals all over the cosmos that acted as door's. 

In the first picture, you the glyph for a mouth which is "Rrrr" the glyph for an outstretched arm which is "Aaa" sound and the object itself (Ra circle with dot) followed behind by the glyph for a woman which in this case is clarifying that it's referring to feminine attributes of Ra in this instance. 

Ra_Hieroglyphics_Copyright___2008_Anubis.jpg

HoagsObject.gif

In this case, it represents the manifestation of the Son of Ra (Sa-Ra) Sa being the goose and Ra being the sun.

ef6cf954-c600-2b9d-ec639ff71d53a1d9.jpg

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

could someone tell me more about Ra
ra means different things but along the lines of the same function.
The glyph for ra is a circle with a dot in the middle, or sphere within a sphere, nucleus in an atom, or can either be depicted with the symbol for a mouth which has lips fashioned in the way they look when make the "Rrrrrrr" tone. The reason a mouth was used was because of the nature of a mouth. Things go in and come out of the mouth, a door in a sense. Like food, speech, liquids. The concept was related to it's function and an allegorical tool used to refer to the giving and receptive actions of Ra. Ra was not just out sun, but the title for portals all over the cosmos that acted as door's. 

In the first picture, you the glyph for a mouth which is "Rrrr" the glyph for an outstretched arm which is "Aaa" sound and the object itself (Ra circle with dot) followed behind by the glyph for a woman which in this case is clarifying that it's referring to feminine attributes of Ra in this instance. 

Ra_Hieroglyphics_Copyright___2008_Anubis.jpg

HoagsObject.gif

In this case, it represents the manifestation of the Son of Ra (Sa-Ra) Sa being the goose and Ra being the sun.

ef6cf954-c600-2b9d-ec639ff71d53a1d9.jpg

The point of what they left behind is not so the whole world  believes that these were actually real people with animal heads. They used the body of a person as a verb that caries out an action related to having the head, or mind of a certain kind of animal, or force or observation. It's to help you understand archetypes and how they interact with each other and also why certain things don't mix well.  It's a blueprint.

The point of what they left behind is not so the whole world  believes that these were actually real people with animal heads. They used the body of a person as a verb that caries out an action related to having the head, or mind of a certain kind of animal, or force or observation. It's to help you understand archetypes and how they interact with each other and also why certain things don't mix well.  It's a blueprint.

posting for later...i love topics like these, and i might be able to lend some input when i have time to read through it.

posting for later...i love topics like these, and i might be able to lend some input when i have time to read through it.

You know what really changed my mind on this ........ What is history? And further more what is mythology? Why is it that certain science disciplines delve further into the realm of magic and faith than most modern mainstream religions, yet they are revered as diving into the truth? (as a matter of fact some revere it as the divine truth)

Further more why is their a constant war on faith and No I'm not specifically talking about religion but human faith/fate? 

One more thing a big thought point in science is that time is not linear but in some ways cyclical, then why is there such a belief that everything written in texts like the bible is written in a linear format ........ meaning we talk about feeling like something just happened yesterday or even better just yesterday I was a child when in fact that time period could mean months, years or decades in a human lifetime, yet when reading certain texts one is lead to believe that yesterday literally means yesterday

Another example if one is to watch a movie such as Harry  Potter, you are lead to believe that being a wizard means that you could literally shoot bolts of lightning ....... Yet the texts of history speaks of actual warlocks and witches non of whom are claimed to do such feats. Now if someone today was to claim be be of such cloth, they would be deemed a fool, a crackpot, since visual history in the forms of films like HP leads you to literally believe in those bolts, in that flash. Then one has to asks why this deception, why these lies, why this moving towards a physical manifestation of something that is spiritual?

Also esoteric philosophies won't help you until you're ready to dive into the actual magic of it all and that requires actual faith/fate

You know what really changed my mind on this ........ What is history? And further more what is mythology? Why is it that certain science disciplines delve further into the realm of magic and faith than most modern mainstream religions, yet they are revered as diving into the truth? (as a matter of fact some revere it as the divine truth)

Further more why is their a constant war on faith and No I'm not specifically talking about religion but human faith/fate? 

One more thing a big thought point in science is that time is not linear but in some ways cyclical, then why is there such a belief that everything written in texts like the bible is written in a linear format ........ meaning we talk about feeling like something just happened yesterday or even better just yesterday I was a child when in fact that time period could mean months, years or decades in a human lifetime, yet when reading certain texts one is lead to believe that yesterday literally means yesterday

Another example if one is to watch a movie such as Harry  Potter, you are lead to believe that being a wizard means that you could literally shoot bolts of lightning ....... Yet the texts of history speaks of actual warlocks and witches non of whom are claimed to do such feats. Now if someone today was to claim be be of such cloth, they would be deemed a fool, a crackpot, since visual history in the forms of films like HP leads you to literally believe in those bolts, in that flash. Then one has to asks why this deception, why these lies, why this moving towards a physical manifestation of something that is spiritual?

Also esoteric philosophies won't help you until you're ready to dive into the actual magic of it all and that requires actual faith/fate

Originally Posted by devildog1776

The Egyptians got there lingo from the Sumerians.

how so?

the Sumerians are the first recorded civilization. We owe our entire system of 12 to them. Astrology. Mathematics. Science. Even the money system. I'm not sure if I spoke to you b4, but this always comes up here. Zecharia Sitchin breaks it down in a series of books starting with genesis revisited. It's way too much for me to explain on the board. YOU MUST READ this material for yourself to fully understand it. I'd love to see more people read about the Sumerian... Ancient Sumer = present day Iraq

Back
Top Bottom