Lets get a tips, tricks & steps 2 help Produce STICKY PL

Quote:
Closes thing to that I've done was take the drums that were recorded while bands were making demos at my audio school.
Team Anti-Google​
it's broken and it's not my friend​

just picked up a roland mv8000, might go get that 8800 if needed

i have mic and a keyboard, what else would you guys reccomend?

Allright last year i was using FL 6 I think but my comp was gettin slow so i had to get rid of it.
Now i got a new comp and want to get back into producing again what do i need?
I dont have any programs or mixers or any of that so if i could get a list of the essentials to produce thatd be great

BTW ive been looking around for a full version of FL 7 and Reason but cant find it should i buy the actual program or could someone hook me up
PM me if you can.
WANTED:Jordan's 3,4,12,11,
Size:10-10.5
DS,NDS

FL and Reason are easy to get a boot leg of, I personally don't know how to do it but I'm sure if you made friends with the right people it'll be easy to obtain. The only problem with Reason is that sometimes it'll ask you to put in the Disc...And if you get Reason you'll probably need a MIDI...maybe an M-Audio O2 25 Key...they go for like $80 online and should be enough just to get your feet wet til you can move onto bigger and better things...
For Sale:
Black Dead Serious XL! Still in Package!
PM me!​

^ Ha, i know it's not much....but its something to start off to...I mean if you want you can go ahead and get an 88 Key MIDI for anywhere between 200-400...but they also got the 49 key M-Audio MIDI for I think $100...

I think it all depends on how serious you are about making music, if your doing it just for fun and just to kill time then maybe a 25 key is for you...but if your serious about it then go ahead and get an 88 key...

Lastly, has anyone ever purchased anything off of AmericanMusical.com? How was the experience?
For Sale:
Black Dead Serious XL! Still in Package!
PM me!​

^ took me two weeks to get a full grip on it. i only have trouble sampling...i am more inclined to sample/chop in protools and drop it on the mpc in a program and go at it that way. i am still trying to master the sampling on the mpc, its hard to read the wave files the way i want. sometimes i get confuse with the midi when connecting it to other devices. but when i am creating my own drums i run it directly into the mpc and change add or subtract to get the sound i want.
Add Me
& Get Bizzie With Me NOW!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/djbizzieb

sorry if its been asked/answered before in this thread but i just seen it and aint get a chance to browse through it. but what makes the Mac G4 the "BEST" for producing? what does it do/have that another laptop doesnt (Vaio,Gateway etc..)? and if you didnt go with the Mac what would you go with?

Reason i ask is i got a homey that works at bestbuy, and...yea....
TEAM DELAWARE
HUSTLESEASON.com

MPC learning curve is def. What you put into it

It shouldn't take no longer than 2 weeks to learn it if your putting in the correct time with it

Took me 2 weeks at about 3 hours of practice and reading message boards of what to do and what each word means from

Truncate to note repeat to one shot to q links

You'll never know it all, but learn what works for you and what sounds good

Sorry for the re-post, but has anyone ever ordered off of AmericanMusical.com? They have an option of paying monthly for gear, and I basically would like to know if anyone has had any problems with ordering from them.
For Sale:​
Retro 5 Olives sz. 7.5​
PM me for pics and info!​

if u know the basics of programming, learing the mpc is pretty simple
its learnign the whole machine that takes time
i always figure out something new every once in a while
or you could just read the manual and find out it all
T Wong Supreme Team, Splash the Tso's make the Wok Gleam​

I've read the manual from front to back twice. I understand the basics of it. I've had my MPC for about two weeks now. The only problem that I am having is getting my drums to play the same way I recorded them. The quantizing doesn't seem to be working for me.
Rhyme Sik's MySpace-Rhyme Sik's Soundclick
Team Wu-Tang
Witty Unpredictable Talent And Natural Game​

Quantizing is tricky ...I'll give you a tip...most people who aren't drummers in real life make beats in there head on a 1/16 scale...this includes ya home boy beat boxing and beating on the lunch room tables

So try 1/16 and 60% swing and a simple drum pattern then bulid from there...also make sure your following your metronome...and taking quantize off for hi hats

how do you sequence on keyboard? and whats a quality keyboard you reccomend?

anybody work/ go on a regular basis to a recording studio?

Quote:
how do you sequence on keyboard? and whats a quality keyboard you reccomend?

Its about using your ears and interface

Ex) Korg triton extreme has the easiest interface i've seen in a while as far a keyboards go...fanton x6 is easy but difficult to navigate through

To make it simple as possible - you set your settings first - tempo, time signature to 4/4 or whatever and your Quantize settings as well

You pick how many bars and go from there with the instruments, each instrument will have a track - i think you have 16 tracks on the big three keyboards motif, triton, fantom..and can assign effects individually as well

Basically kboard sequence is the sounds without the wave to see or lookat...unless you have the fantom x6 in front of you

22 pages and no sticky. Good luck with that sticky situation.
Team Logic​
A flaw in the logic? As long as it's nobody that's in my clique...​
It's called qualifying your statement, try it sometime.​

Back
Top Bottom