let this thread die (NYK)

Was on ESPN NewYork, reading some things here and there about trading Amare or Melo. Seems like speculation but I'd be satisfied to hear that our front office would contemplate trading one of them. These dudes are costing us $40 million dollars a year
eek.gif
. Absolutely ridiculous.

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

Was on ESPN NewYork, reading some things here and there about trading Amare or Melo. Seems like speculation but I'd be satisfied to hear that our front office would contemplate trading one of them. These dudes are costing us $40 million dollars a year
eek.gif
. Absolutely ridiculous.

The reason why neither one of them will get dealt
laugh.gif

Amare has to go though. IDC who its for as long as they play defense or come off the books soon

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

eek.gif
. Absolutely ridiculous.

The reason why neither one of them will get dealt
laugh.gif

Amare has to go though. IDC who its for as long as they play defense or come off the books soon

True, I do believe some playoff contending team would take Amare's contract if they believed they had a chance. 
How are Knick fans dumb tho? Thats seems like it's about right. Melo, Amare, and Neither are in the same numbers range. I thought Stat would be the highest but he's only down 3%.

Melo is better than Amare at everything on the court IDC if dudes hate him as a person those polls shouldn't be that close at all. Man if the Lakers trade Gasol for fat #@! Felton im gonna go ape $#@! you mean to tell me we couldn't move Douglas and Amare for Pau ?

If you had the chance to trade Stat or Melo, you trade stat 14 out of 10 times. He's my favorite player and all, but he's hurting the knicks. Melo is better at everything else.

I know dudes are unsatisfied with Melo and Amar'e for a bunch of reasons but after last season it makes no sense to make all these ridiculous trade posts involving them. Do yall really want to start over again? I mean lets ignore how dumb it would be to trade STAT after a season and a half and Melo for not even a full season yet. We just signed these guys to max contracts to be the cornerstones for us to be contenders and eventual champs.

I know shh is bad now but yall should assess the situation better and look at what things will change after this season and in to the future. Yeah we're playing pathetically and no where near our potential but we shouldn't overreact. I got the feeling that even we did trade for Dwight or any other star things would not suddenly all be rosy and 50 games later yall would screaming for that guy to be traded too.

At this point lets settle down and be patient. See what we do in the playoffs and go from there.

/slightly optimistic Knicks fan

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

I know dudes are unsatisfied with Melo and Amar'e for a bunch of reasons but after last season it makes no sense to make all these ridiculous trade posts involving them. Do yall really want to start over again? I mean lets ignore how dumb it would be to trade STAT after a season and a half and Melo for not even a full season yet. We just signed these guys to max contracts to be the cornerstones for us to be contenders and eventual champs.

I know shh is bad now but yall should assess the situation better and look at what things will change after this season and in to the future. Yeah we're playing pathetically and no where near our potential but we shouldn't overreact. I got the feeling that even we did trade for Dwight or any other star things would not suddenly all be rosy and 50 games later yall would screaming for that guy to be traded too.

At this point lets settle down and be patient. See what we do in the playoffs and go from there.

Cosign

Yea honestly no sense in trading Anybody till we get a real coach, get the Zen Master in here next season please...

I agree with this, I'm not ready to give up. They had amazing an amazing year. I don't believe that they're trash now. Amar'e still recovering from his back issues and isn't in shape. They're saying Carmelo is hurt, I don't know what's going on but I'm not ready to let them go. I'm fine with firing D'Antoni and not even having a coach right. Cannot wait for him to be the ##%! out of NY

Originally Posted by k3stacks

Cosign
Preach. Insert The Rock clapping gif.

19. Carmelo Anthony
Dear New York Knicks fans,

I know you're a little testy right now because Linsanity was so much fun, and now it's not as much fun. I know it's easy to redirect your anger and angst at someone whose name rhymes with "Bardello." Just remember …

A. Your team is struggling because its schedule got tougher post-Linsanity, and because you have a floating bull's-eye on you right now (not because 'Melo came back).

B. You might want to give one of the best pure scorers of the last 20 years a couple more weeks adjusting to TWO new point guards without any real practice time before deciding this situation can't be redeemed (especially when those two point guards are a de facto rookie and someone coming off back surgery who hasn't been relevant in three years).

C. Ask Portland fans what they think of Ray Felton. Ask Denver fans what they think of Timofey Mozgov. You basically acquired Carmelo and the cap space to sign Tyson Chandler for Danilo Gallinari and Wilson Chandler.4 I'm pretty sure ANYONE ON THE F-ING PLANET would make that trade again.

D. You're focusing your frustrations on 'Melo because it allows you to avoid the elephant in the room … you know, Amar'e's uninsured/un-amnesty-able/cap-killing contract ($83 million through 2015), his general doughiness, his egregiously awful defense and the fact that he seems a half-step slow permanently. None of this is Carmelo's fault.

E. I went to Sunday's nationally televised Knicks-Celtics game in Boston. Carmelo made what seemed to be the clinching basket; Pierce made a 3 to tie; then Carmelo had a chance to win the game in regulation. As 'Melo was getting off the shot, everyone in the building had a collective slow-motion heart attack. Noooooooooooooooooo! We all thought that shot was going in. In my opinion, seven 2012 players make opposing fans crap their pants in a big moment: Kobe, Wade, Durant, Rose, Dirk, Carmelo … and just on reputation alone, Ray Allen. If you employ one of those players, you have a better chance of winning the title than everyone else. That's the way basketball works. Everything slows down, the pressure turns suffocating, games swing on one or two possessions, and playoff series hinge on two questions: "Can you get a stop when it matters?" and "Can you get two points when it matters?" You have the second question covered thanks to Carmelo. You need to work on the first question. In short, I think you should give this a few more weeks. You go 10-deep. Your team is scary. Take a deep breath and enjoy the ride … and remember, five years ago, the most riveting Knicks-related story you were following was a sexual-harrassment suit.

Sincerely,
Bill Simmons
President of the "I Still Think Carmelo Can Work in New York" Club5

Bill Simmons >

http://twitter.com/JaredZwerling
Jared Zwerling: Should the Knicks trade Stoudemire? (argued by @IanBegley) - Knicks Blog - ESPN New York http://es.pn/x0a4Zv
Jared Zwerling: Should the Knicks trade Anthony? (argued by @Jared Zwerling) - Knicks Blog - ESPN New York http://es.pn/ybFZFW
Tommy Dee: I get the Lin melo stuff. Great players and systems. If Jackson coaches I don't want to hear people defend Lin but bash melo tho.
Marc Berman: 'Antoni admitted today the great Linsanity spirit that enveloped the club last month no longer exists. "Anytime you... http://www.sulia.com/new_po
Marc Berman: Chandler out again tonight as D'Antoni says #Knicks defense has to step up after Spurs no-show. http://nyp.st/w6l8l0 via @newyorkpost
Marc Berman: Mike D'Antoni said at morning shootaround he's lots more worried about defense than offense, especially tonight... http://www.sulia.com/new_po
Frank Isola: Mike D'Antoni says Knicks might start small vs Bucks. Amar'e, Melo, Shumpert, Fields and Lin is a possibility
Marc Berman: Carmelo Anthony did not make himself available to speak to the media before morning shootaround at Bradley Center. Unsure why.
Al Iannazzone: For what it's worth, I think right now Shumpert is better coming off the bench and closing games and Fields is better starting.
Jonah Ballow: *@Amare Stoudemire says he is ready to play C if need be. Would be primary pick-&-roll option #Knicks

Still think JR should start. He'd get a lot more open shots and opportunities to score with focus on Melo, STAT, and Lin. Bring Shump off bench for defense and energy boost. Fields looked better coming off the bench the last game as if there was no pressure on him.

19. Carmelo Anthony

I know you're a little testy right now because Linsanity was so much fun, and now it's not as much fun. I know it's easy to redirect your anger and angst at someone whose name rhymes with "Bardello." Just remember …

A. Your team is struggling because its schedule got tougher post-Linsanity, and because you have a floating bull's-eye on you right now (not because 'Melo came back).

B. You might want to give one of the best pure scorers of the last 20 years a couple more weeks adjusting to TWO new point guards without any real practice time before deciding this situation can't be redeemed (especially when those two point guards are a de facto rookie and someone coming off back surgery who hasn't been relevant in three years).

C. Ask Portland fans what they think of Ray Felton. Ask Denver fans what they think of Timofey Mozgov. You basically acquired Carmelo and the cap space to sign Tyson Chandler for Danilo Gallinari and Wilson Chandler.4 I'm pretty sure ANYONE ON THE F-ING PLANET would make that trade again.

D. You're focusing your frustrations on 'Melo because it allows you to avoid the elephant in the room … you know, Amar'e's uninsured/un-amnesty-able/cap-killing contract ($83 million through 2015), his general doughiness, his egregiously awful defense and the fact that he seems a half-step slow permanently. None of this is Carmelo's fault.

E. I went to Sunday's nationally televised Knicks-Celtics game in Boston. Carmelo made what seemed to be the clinching basket; Pierce made a 3 to tie; then Carmelo had a chance to win the game in regulation. As 'Melo was getting off the shot, everyone in the building had a collective slow-motion heart attack. Noooooooooooooooooo! We all thought that shot was going in. In my opinion, seven 2012 players make opposing fans crap their pants in a big moment: Kobe, Wade, Durant, Rose, Dirk, Carmelo … and just on reputation alone, Ray Allen. If you employ one of those players, you have a better chance of winning the title than everyone else. That's the way basketball works. Everything slows down, the pressure turns suffocating, games swing on one or two possessions, and playoff series hinge on two questions: "Can you get a stop when it matters?" and "Can you get two points when it matters?" You have the second question covered thanks to Carmelo. You need to work on the first question. In short, I think you should give this a few more weeks. You go 10-deep. Your team is scary. Take a deep breath and enjoy the ride … and remember, five years ago, the most riveting Knicks-related story you were following was a sexual-harrassment suit.

Sincerely,
Bill Simmons

Bill Simmons >

I Respect that, but I wonder how many Knick games Bill Simmons is watching while he watches the Celtics, Lakers, and Clippers religiously. 
ATGD is right, we have no choice but to ride with what we have. Just out of curiosity when would you give the Knicks a deadline? As to when we should try to trade one of our "stars" since we're paying them too much. For a better lack of words, when is the breaking point? It's been ugly since they've been together so I'm just wondering how much more an optimistic fan would be able to take.

19. Carmelo Anthony

Sincerely,
Bill Simmons

Bill Simmons >
I Respect that, but I wonder how many Knick games Bill Simmons is watching while he watches the Celtics, Lakers, and Clippers religiously. 
ATGD is right, we have no choice but to ride with what we have. Just out of curiosity when would you give the Knicks a deadline? As to when we should try to trade one of our "stars" since we're paying them too much. For a better lack of words, when is the breaking point? It's been ugly since they've been together so I'm just wondering how much more an optimistic fan would be able to take.

when we get a Legit coach and he still cant make it work next season, then its time to blow this crew up like a c4

19. Carmelo Anthony

Sincerely,
Bill Simmons

Bill Simmons >

preach.jpg

Not sure I can make that pic big enough. Dudes need to calm down. Without that trade, there is no Linsanity. No Chandler, Wilson isnt even back in the states playing. Felton is getting benched for I dont even know who in Portland, Gallo missed more time this year than Melo and was absolute trash for the season except the one game he played us. O and Amare would still be the hot garbage that he is right now. 

I know it started as a joke yesterday. But I seriously want that Josh Smith for Amare and whatever pieces have to be thrown in on each side to go through like 2morrow. 

The fact that the other teams PG and PF goes H.A.M EVERY GAME is a problem. Jennings and Gooden are gonna have field days tonight. For my fantasy thats awesome. But for the team. Not so much. Good news is Melo should be able to do work on Dunleavy or whoevery they throw at him tonight if he can get the shots to fall like he started to last game. 

Jennings WILL cook tonight. Dude openly said it was because we switch so much that he was able to go off last time but I doubt Dantoni cares.

Hopefully our players show up to play and we should still win.

Originally Posted by nyczill3st

Bill Simmons >
when we get a Legit coach and he still cant make it work next season, then its time to blow this crew up like a c4
This but I don't want to make it seem like next season is their only chance and we're trading them if we don't make it out the 2nd round. I have a tipping point with both Melo and STAT. Right now STAT is closer but as far as overall breaking point and actively trading them it'll have to be a clear sign that there is no kind of improvement with the team as is and which guys are the clear sources. Then I'm thinking of getting Wall, LMA, Iggy, and other players here.

With the players we have on paper, no reason we should blow it up. We can rebuild on the go through trades and getting good draft picks. I know Phil wouldn't be down for that though. Jerry maybe.

19. Carmelo Anthony

I know you're alittle testy right now because Linsanity was so much fun, and now it's not as much fun. I know it's easy to redirect your anger and angst at someone whose name rhymes with "Bardello." Just remember …

A. Your team is struggling because its schedule got tougher post-Linsanity,and because you have a floating bull's-eye on you right now (not because 'Melo came back).

B. You might want to give one of the best pure scorers of the last 20 years a couple more weeks adjusting to TWO new point guards without any real practice time before deciding thissituation can't be redeemed (especially when those two point guards area de facto rookie and someone coming off back surgery who hasn't been relevant in three years).

C. Ask Portland fans what they think ofRay Felton. Ask Denver fans what they think of Timofey Mozgov. You basically acquired Carmelo and the cap space to sign Tyson Chandler for Danilo Gallinari and Wilson Chandler.4 I'm pretty sure ANYONE ON THE F-ING PLANET would make that trade again.

D. You're focusing yourfrustrations on 'Melo because it allows you to avoid the elephant in the room … you know, Amar'e's uninsured/un-amnesty-able/cap-killing contract ($83 million through 2015), his general doughiness, his egregiously awful defense and the fact that he seems a half-step slow permanently. None of this is Carmelo's fault.

E. I went to Sunday's nationally televised Knicks-Celtics game in Boston. Carmelo made what seemed to be the clinching basket; Pierce made a 3 to tie; then Carmelo had a chance to win the game in regulation. As 'Melo was getting off the shot, everyone in the building had a collective slow-motion heart attack. Noooooooooooooooooo! We all thought that shot was going in. In my opinion, seven 2012 players make opposing fans crap their pants in a big moment: Kobe, Wade, Durant, Rose, Dirk, Carmelo … and just on reputation alone, Ray Allen. If you employ one of those players, you have a better chance of winning the title than everyone else. That's the way basketball works. Everything slows down, the pressure turns suffocating, games swing on one or two possessions, and playoff series hinge on two questions: "Can you get a stop when it matters?" and "Can you get two points when it matters?" You have the second question covered thanks to Carmelo. You need to work on the firstquestion. In short, I think you should give this a few more weeks. You go 10-deep. Your team is scary. Take a deep breath and enjoy the ride … and remember, five years ago, the most riveting Knicks-related story youwere following was a sexual-harrassment suit.

Sincerely,
Bill Simmons
Bill Simmons >

Back
Top Bottom