let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

I don't know. I think Allan Houston was much worse 
laugh.gif
sick.gif

^ This. And he was hurt for 2 years then came off the books. Then paying Steph $20 mil to go home. Smh.

I don't think Amare is "heartless", I think physically he is just done and he has lost confidence in trusting his body.

Look at what McGrady's back issues did to him.

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Dude is the worst signing the Knicks have ever made and it's only gonna get worse .

what about Marbury?
STAT is far from being the worst. FAR.
With him out the rest of the season, hopefully he can get his mind and body right for next year.

Melo, J.R, Tyson, Novak, Baron. We can do this.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

I don't know. I think Allan Houston was much worse 
laugh.gif
sick.gif
It was and probably forever will be. People forget he basically went down with a knee injury right after signing it and that's no slight on him.

Can't regret the STAT signing. He doesn't come here if it isn't for the max and if he doesn't we sign no one during the summer of LeBron. Donnie probably gets fired quicker. We probably still make the Melo trade or maybe Deron but not give up as many pieces. Probably don't make the playoffs that year either. We'd be out here looking like the Nets or it could be much worse than I can imagine.

Stat has always been one of my favorite players so its hard for me to see him playing like this. To call this dude heartless is absolutely crazy tho.

With that said the knicks can get rid of Amare in a heartbeat if they add Lin to the equation. Sure he's a talented guard but what teams really will see is the $ signs that come with Lin, if your a lowly team in need of ticket sales or merchandise sales you are salivating to get a guy like lin not to mention Amare may not be what he was when he first signed the deal but he is still FAR FROM A BUM and with an off season of rest and recovery he can still be a nice piece for a developing team.

I personally feel like I've given the STAT and Melo combo enough support and enough chances. I haven't seen any flashes of good from them. Just doesn't look like it can work.

I really don't see anything wrong with how he's been playing. He shot 6 of 9 and got 18 pts last game. So as far as what we he's good at we're getting what we expected. I don't see him out there looking stiff or having no lift.

He just isn't a good defender and never has been. He's not going to suddenly be competent at that. He played defense the same way this year he did last year. He's not going to make a difference when you got LeBron going in the lane like a freight train.

Yall overrating the hell out of Lin to think he'd could just be packaged with Amar'e and teams would be biting for that offer. 100 mil + in a trade when the more valuable player is eventually going to want more money? Good luck on finding a buyer. Plus you guys are just thinking of dumping Amar'e on some team when we'll get equally bad contracts for probably worse players or guys who just don't fit.

Amare came to NY when there was no one here. We gotta give me some props, and time to get it together. Its been a hard season with all things considered. New coach, team mates, a more compact schedule due to the lockout, and his brother passing.

Same way D'Antoni needed to figure out how to utilize Melo's strength on offense (never did, and it was the end of him) is now what Woodson is faced with, with Amare. Amare's bread and butter is the pick and roll and you need to utilize it more if you want to get his real value out of him. The defense and rebounding is not changing, and we knew that going in over a year ago.

Didn't the Melo/Amare pick and roll work well, like the one time we used it last night? Should be a staple with this team.

As much as I wanna bash amare for his lack of effort and heart, I'm not gonna give up on him cuz he came here Dolo last yr and put up but there really is no excuse for the lack of defense, that said if he doesn't get his @*!@ together next yr on the DEFENSIVE end ship his @*+ out or let him come off the bench

The only way Amar'e/Melo can work is if there is a actually true PG running the show, something this team hasn't had.
After all this mess once again, have no clue why Steve Nash would come here but he's the one guy who could prolly get this whole +!%% to work.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Same way D'Antoni needed to figure out how to utilize Melo's strength on offense (never did, and it was the end of him) is now what Woodson is faced with, with Amare. Amare's bread and butter is the pick and roll and you need to utilize it more if you want to get his real value out of him. The defense and rebounding is not changing, and we knew that going in over a year ago.

Didn't the Melo/Amare pick and roll work well, like the one time we used it last night? Should be a staple with this team.

His offense is he least of our worries. Dantoni damaged him to the point that I don't think there is a person on earth who can teach him how to play defense.He needs to learn how to play D. AND REBOUNDDDDDD

The offense is a major problem because that's where his value is, you're paying him 100 million to be an elite threat on offense. You know before he signs that contract what the deal is with his game.

He was playing the same defense and rebounding the same last season (rebounding actually improved this season) and nobody had as much of a problem with him.

People were just happy to be winning again so everybody disregarded his defense. Can't win with your PF playing no defense and getting out rebounded by scrubs.

Hey guys, I know you want to send Amare packing now, but instead of packaging Lin and other guys. Why not something simple like a trade to Washington.

Rashard Lewis and a FUTURE 1 for Amare. cut your losses after another season when lewis is expired, have a future one (Cause your not getting this years).

Id give amare one more season ,this upcoming season to see if he steps n gets healthy tbh. Maybe this will be a wake up call. Short season , new coaching ,death of his brother , and injuries can really take a toll on somebody mentally. I'm not ready to give up on him just yet. He had a really good year followed by a bad year, the third year should be the determining factor tbh.

Back
Top Bottom