let this thread die (NYK)

Maybe Lin being out for 6 weeks is just a very elaborate April Fools joke by James Dolan?

Spoiler [+]
tired.gif

Wow, this is the first time in so long that I actually want Miami to win a game. Not even saying I would be mad if they lost though 
laugh.gif

IDK how I feel about this Miami vs Boston game right now. I want to see the Heat lose, but I also don't want to see the Celtics win.

I'd rather see the Celtics lose so the division can be closer.

i gave up on teh division when lin got injuired

starting pg AND starting PF out? we aint getting it.

we started out in a terrible hole. next year should be better

i just wanna get in the playoffs at any seed i dont care

Give up on the division guys. Really wouldn't surprise me if Boston is back in the finals this year . They probably would've beaten Miami last year if Wade didn't break Rondo's arm . Dude is just unreal
30t6p3b.gif
feels good to see him destroy the favorites to win it all like he does us every game.

I wouldn't let this Celtics win alter my perceptions on their team..They're still a very well balanced and efficient team, but that blowout was more of a testament to the Heat's recent road struggles than it was to the Celtics being a dominant team again. This same Boston team got blown out by the Kings like 2 weeks ago. It's hard to stop any team when their starting PG is dropping a triple double on your head.

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Give up on the division guys. Really wouldn't surprise me if Boston is back in the finals this year . They probably would've beaten Miami last year if Wade didn't break Rondo's arm . Dude is just unreal
30t6p3b.gif
feels good to see him destroy the favorites to win it all like he does us every game.
word.

I guess I'll be in the minority and say that the Lin injury is actually good for us. Don't get me wrong, I like Lin. I love what he did for the Knicks season. He basically saved it with his Linsanity run.

First, there was the problem we had for a short time where we had TOO MANY players at one point. I feel like with this injury we can go into the play-offs with a better "play-off roster". And a better play-off rotation. To me, more key then Amare coming back is Jeffries coming back. With they way Harrellson is starting to look on the D, we could end up with a VERY good defense going into the playoffs and that's what's going to win games in the play-offs. Grind it out games that come down to the wire and with Melo as a closer we will be a tough out.

Looking forward to the playoffs, I feel like Lin would have been exposed and would have been more of a detriment to our team. Playoffs series are all about adjustments and we're most likely going to be playing either the Heat or Bulls in the 1st round and they will be very well coached. I'm confident in Woodson's ability to make adjustments as well. I feel like a combination of Baron Davis, Shumpert, J.R. and Toney Douglas (yes, T.D.) handling the ball will be more consistent and safer.

On defense I feel like Lin did play hard and made things happen on that end to force turnovers, but Shumpert has shown that he's a top guard defender in the L and he and J.R. are tough on the wings together and will be exactly what we need in the offs. Plus those are the 2 guys that are likely to be closing game along with Baron at the guard positions.

Again, I like Lin I think he's going to get better and I hope he can come back healthier then he ever was. I would be fine with bringing him back next season as well. But if he's able to come back for a possible 2nd round, I wouldn't do that either.

I was never that hyped about the division but yall wylin about the Celts. I wanted them too lose today, so what if MIA wins them losing now won't make me feel better. The Celts WILL racks up those Ls this month. I don't care what anyone says. They might fall out of the playoffs altogether. I'm talking huge losing streaks.

However, I'm cool with staying the 8th seed and seeing Chi 1st round.

I can personally say this knicks season has had more ups and downs that I have seen in the past couple years.

I'm gonna say that I dislike both the Heat and Celtics... I wanna see both teams lose. However I'd rather see the team that has more impact on our chances lose. What's gonna happen within the next few weeks? I'm not sure. But I'm hoping that this squad is in the playoff picture and does some work.

In order for us to really have a chance to get the division we gotta play PERFECT ball from here on out and some one definitely gotta start sliding... BADLY

Stoudemire... I'm hoping that he really is able to be back very soon and feeling good.

I also just realized that we have 9 out of 13 games for the month of April on National TV.

I know the Celtics looked incredible tonight against the Heat, but their schedule is gonna be extremely tough the rest of the way..Their next 5 games are San Antonio, Chicago, Indiana, Philly, Miami (coming off a nationally televised embarrassment) Atlanta in that exact order..If they go 2-4, the Knicks are right there if they can play well over the next 6.

Philly's remaining schedule isn't exactly the hardest, but it's not a cake walk either so if they keep up their poor play, anything is possible. Let's hope Carmelo plays some Olympic type basketball these next few weeks.

Rumors already swirling that coach cal is gonna be the Knicks head coach

I would be extremely pissed off

For those concerned about the severity of Lin's injury, from the man himself:

“I’m not even worried about that right now,

Lin will be fine once he returns from injury..Next season won't be as grueling as this one due to the more expanded 82 game season as opposed to this condensed season..Meniscus surgeries aren't usually the type to really impact the way a guy plays basketball, unless he has a long history of knee problems, which Lin doesn't...The microfracture surgery that Amar'e got has ended careers in the past and before he hurt his back, he looked great..So I don't see Lin's knee giving him future issues as long as he keeps himself in good shape

Cal leaving Kentucky means that team's gonna have their championship stripped
laugh.gif
I'm good give me someone already in the NBA.

Back
Top Bottom