let this thread die (NYK)

Marbury.

pimp.gif

Melo is obviously injured...Anyone that says otherwise is stupid..What do you think, he just LOST his jumper?
laugh.gif
Amare's jumper has been off this season compared to the last, but Amare developed his jumper late in his career. Carmelo has been a jump shooter his entire life and for some people jump shooting comes naturally, while to others like Amare, it takes practice. Not saying that pure jump shooters don't have to practice (Everyone knows Ray Allen practices for hours a day) but a guy that has been shooting his entire life isn't gonna have his shot disappear out of the blue.

Media outlets that cover the Knicks have said themselves that Melo isn't struggling due to lack of practice because he's always working on his shot at the team practices. But no matter how much you practice, if the mechanics of your body are off because of an injury, your on court game will be as well. The problem with the Knicks is that they don't have any cushion whatsoever on a playoff spot so if he is injured, he's not gonna speak on it because he doesn't wanna sit out games and watch the team miss the playoffs. He gets enough crap from the media for making the team worse after they traded for him. The last thing he needs is for everyone to jump on his back and say the Knicks would be a playoff team if they didn't trade for him.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

The way they come out tonight will tell you everything about this team.
Pretty much how I feel.
Raptors played like a team that did not want to be embarrassed, they played excellent zone defense and every shot the Knicks took was contested, even Amare had butter fingers and Tyson was out of sync, these kinds of things happen. The Knicks still played good defense until they ran out of gas in the 4th, and Melo is not shooting to great but if he were not trying on the defensive end then I would be complaining, but the effort is there.

Amare is looking a LOT more explosive these past 6 games.

Tonight's game is big, because like someone said it will show how we respond to a bad loss. Plus without a practice and the game being against a bad team, we can easily look past this game.

I feel like that's what happened last night. Raptors were hype for the game and played their hardest, because we beat them the 2 previous times. We started off real flat. No real intensity to begin the game. I feel like it was overconfidence.

Melo's injuries are tough, they aren't bad enough to keep him out of games when every game at this point is important, but it is hurting us a little that he isn't able to get a basket or foul at will like he is capable of when healthy. Hopefully it's gradually getting better. (I believe the wrist is the biggest factor) If he's feeling even 20% better then he is now, I think he'll be more effective. His defensive intensity has made me grin at times.
glasses.gif

Well, if the Raptors came out with a chip on their shoulder after J Lin hit the game winner and the Knicks blew them out earlier this week, then the Knicks better come out with some intensity expecting the Pistons to feel the same way. Knicks won the first meeting by 23, and the 2nd meeting by 27. Not to mention they're on a 4 game losing streak. They lost to Denver by 1 a few nights ago, and took the Clippers to OT the game before.

They also beat Boston twice, Lakers, Hawks, Bucks, Blazers before they fell apart, Magic, and Pacers. Not saying I'm worried, but just saying we shouldn't necessarily expect a blowout because that has been the outcome the last 2 times. So this game might be closer than we all think. Luckily for us, the Knicks are much better at home and the majority of Pistons' big wins have been in Detroit.

I hope Jefferies plays today. It's amazing to think there is people who didn't even want this guy on the team.

He doesn't do anything in the box score. You actually have to watch the game to see how valuable he is.

I forgot its BG in MSG tonight. I hope the Pistons are in tank mode but so are the Raptors

Originally Posted by CDonWasHisName

I hope Jefferies plays today. It's amazing to think there is people who didn't even want this guy on the team.

He doesn't do anything in the box score. You actually have to watch the game to see how valuable he is.

I forgot its BG in MSG tonight. I hope the Pistons are in tank mode but so are the Raptors
I've always liked Jefferies.  He sets screens, draws charges, rebounds and plays defense.  Every team needs that kind of player.

I expect Knicks to come out strong vs the Pistons tonight.  They have to set the tone early unlike last night where they looked flat footed. 

Melo's jumpshot is obviously off because his wrist is still in pain you can see him grimacing and flexing it throughout every game. It won't be better until the off-season because we obviously aren't gonna let him sit out weeks like we did with Harrellson.

the starting lineup just doesnt work. all 5 guys want to drive to the basket.

we need a 2 guard desperately

Back
Top Bottom