let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

Melo is killing me with these point totals. As much as teuful whines about him, he's right this time. Atleast when Kobe did this he would still end the game with 30 somehow. I didn't expect them to win this though, so i ain't eem mad.

Ya just think I hate melo but that ain't the case. I'm just upset that I thought we traded for melo and we got some bum in his body. On certain nights we need him to carry us offensively and tell yourself when was the last time that happened?

I didn't get to watch this but I'm not surprised we lost. We already embarrassed Toronto twice this season....they were going to want revenge. Time to start another winning streak.

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

Philly beat Boston Smh

I think that's a good thing tho because if somehow we end tied with Boston in the end, they have the series lead against us.

i know i'm in the minority but IMO this L means nothing to me. i mean i get that every game matters at this point but this really doesn't concern me, i'm not going to make a big deal of this game. clearly there were things i saw that bothered me, but IMO games like this are bound to happen, especially with the knicks. also, toronto let us come back from 17 in the previous game at their place and we thumped them recently so i think they were playing to make a statement.

that being said, i'll be pissed as #$+$ if they lose tomorrow but hey, y'all know as Knick fans, even back in the 90s we were such a roller coaster type of team.

not to pick on him but IMO the biggest play of the game was the charge called on BD when he passed the ball off. horrible call, whoever took the charge was clearly in the restricted area also. but BD tried to do too much on that play. we were making a run at that point as well.

roll.gif

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Melo is killing me with these point totals. As much as teuful whines about him, he's right this time. Atleast when Kobe did this he would still end the game with 30 somehow. I didn't expect them to win this though, so i ain't eem mad.

Ya just think I hate melo but that ain't the case. I'm just upset that I thought we traded for melo and we got some bum in his body. On certain nights we need him to carry us offensively and tell yourself when was the last time that happened?
Can't have it both ways. When he played like he did in denver, this thread, websites, and newspapers blew up about him taking too many shots. Now that he is "complying" with this team based "share the wealth" BS, and people still complain. I wouldn't be surprised if he was doing this on purpose.

Either it's going to be on like many other stars in the league or share mentality, but you can't have it both ways.

^ seems so close but yet so far... in sports losing 1 game gives you 2 games back of .500 while winning gives you 1 game up... so if you lose its really significant and if you win its a small gain... its tough when your under .500 like the knicks...i was comparing last year to this year and although we sucked last year with our losing streaks we were never deep under .500 because of our huge lead over .500 in the beginning of the season... compared to this year losing a lot and playing catch up to get to .500 or better.. hopefully we get there... obviously we can't win every game example tonight but hopefully we put in streaks in our loses like win 4-6 in a row and lose a game after the streak....but thats just wishful thinking

Where is Melo's mid range game? And ability to get to the stripe?

Amare missed some embarassing layups

Originally Posted by gregbutler20

Can't have it both ways. When he played like he did in denver, this thread, websites, and newspapers blew up about him taking too many shots. Now that he is "complying" with this team based "share the wealth" BS, and people still complain. I wouldn't be surprised if he was doing this on purpose.

Either it's going to be on like many other stars in the league or share mentality, but you can't have it both ways.

For real, some of y'all kill me. YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

But but but but why can't he be like LeBron and do both things ?

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

http://twitpic.com/90f1ot

I bet it's the same for Baron.
It's not a weight issue. Melo may not be a speedster but he has a crazy first step but it's not there lately. He's never been a high flyer but he gets off the ground fast. The elevation on his shot isn't there. His legs just aren't there right now.

I don't even think it's that, i love his well rounded games, even when people are whining he only scored 15 points etc, you look at his loaded statline and go damn.  But for someone who people still call the best scorer in the league, we need that scoring some nights.  Steve Nash is the most passingest dude in the world, will drop 30 when needed.  I don't wanna build on this Melo criticism, I love the dude, but we need him to be a better leader to do anything in the playoffs.

nobody would complain if he plays good, but when was the last time he did that? some of ya amaze me with the blindage of this dudes performance since he became a knick. to me hes been missing in action since he put on a knick uniform

also what i find funny is how dudes are saying we cant have it both ways like melo has been a defensive stopper all season now? lmao this dude started playing defense 5 games ago are ya serious? smh. the suckage is insane for this dude with his subpar performance as a knick. cant buy a jumper if his life depended on it but now its ok cause suddenly hes lebron on the defensive end? mannnn

he went nuts in the xmas game. he hasnt been the same since he got hurt

If we wana do anything he has to score like a superstar. maybe he can fix it in the off season. it isnt gonna magically happen this season most likely.

his shot is disturbingly off. i would hope nobody can argue that at this point.

Originally Posted by DubA169

he went nuts in the xmas game. he hasnt been the same since he got hurt

If we wana do anything he has to score like a superstar. maybe he can fix it in the off season. it isnt gonna magically happen this season most likely.

his shot is disturbingly off. i would hope nobody can argue that at this point.
No arguments there, but he has other ways to score that he isn't using consistently and he's taking more plays off. He should just go back to the old style. You have a team with 2 superstars making superstar money, and playing like role players.

Back
Top Bottom