let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Lin ain't no damn superstar man lets stop the crazy talk. He is a nice piece to this team but let's not get carried away. I'd like to see him just play out there without having to cater to any other players ego and just make the right passes to the open players like he did during his linsanity run prior to melo. I guarantee we start winning again

it will not happened again. Teams have game planned for him and we are playing actual competition. They know can't go left and goes into the paint with no idea what he wants to do.

The Melo and Lin PnR should happen more times then the 1st quarter

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by NiceLikeChrist

The return of JVG? 
nerd.gif

Nah 
laugh.gif
 but I'd like to know who you guys think are probably coaches after Dantoni is gone for the rest of this season and then for the start of next season.

hey why not? JVG shoulda been back coaching waaaaaaaaaaaay before mark jackson ever had a mention ofbeing a head coach in the nba..

JVG isn't coming back as long as Dolan is around.

The heat at Melo's feet is completely fair. He has looked like a crybaby ever since he felt offended that Walsh didnt want to trade all those pieces to Denver for him.

But Im not going to let Amare slide just because he played well for half a season last year. His decline in play has nothing to do with Melo and Tyson. NOTHING. Maybe he's still hurt or whatever, but he's playing like trash out there. Its not fair for him to not get criticized and hide behind Melo while he's getting paid max money.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by Curious24

Originally Posted by CDonWasHisName

People really want to build a team around Lin. I can name 20 pg better then him. That will thrive in this same system

Dolan is proven he cares more about the $$ bills than actually winning. Lin is still a cash cow

We dont want to build around, we want to build around a superstar and good players.  Right Melo and Stat are not Superstars nor good players. Lin is.
what in the blue hell............ are you being sarcastic? Lin is a superstar??
laugh.gif
he has to be joking. I'm more confused as in why  d'antoni doesn't change THE system but I understand that this system is more to Amare, Tyson, and Lin--but not Melo who is an iso player.  D'antoni is out I think no matter what.

Wasn't it more the front office wanting Melo? B/c D'antoni didn't want to give up all those guys right?

If the Knicks are stupid enough to give a flying $!$! what dantoni says at this point.....

If they trade him before firing this guy I'm done for a while. It really is one of the worst franchises in sports since this pudgy frumpy $!$! got involved

But for the record the media is just making a lot of this up. They are a big reason why we won't get another big free agent

If they keep mda after all this..... Get a coach that will get stat his 15-18 shots per game and melo his 20 shots per game and get them both to make an effort on defense and we are on the right path.

Originally Posted by DubA169

If the Knicks are stupid enough to give a flying $!$! what dantoni says at this point.....

If they trade him before firing this guy I'm done for a while. It really is one of the worst franchises in sports since this pudgy frumpy $!$! got involved

But for the record the media is just making a lot of this up. They are a big reason why we won't get another big free agent
ALL OF THIS.

Originally Posted by tim teufel

If they keep mda after all this..... Get a coach that will get stat his 15-18 shots per game and melo his 20 shots per game and get them both to make an effort on defense and we are on the right path.

It really should be rocket science, but things are never as simple as they seem with the Knicks. Maybe I'm hitting the pipe, but I can see Dolan going hard after Phil.

I don't see Dolan moving the 'stars' unless we get another 'star' in return. Mike wont be back after this year since his contract is expiring, unless we make an amazing run.

But then again, this is the Knicks. The opposite of what makes sense is probably what would really happen.

Agreed. Journalistic integrity is at an all time low. And not just with the Knicks. I've seen way too many "sources say" articles for me to even take most seriously. Especially not from the Post. Anyways, as for Melo saying he wants out...
[h1]Carmelo Anthony doesn't want trade[/h1]
GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- Carmelo Anthony said Wednesday he doesn't want to be traded, denying a report that he would welcome an exit from New York.

"No, no, no, no. Let's nip this in the bud right now. No," Anthony said after the Knicks' morning shootaround.

"I don't know where that came from. I'm tired of hearing it. It came out this morning from I guess an anonymous source. I'm tired of anonymous sources. I don't want to be traded. I don't know where that foolishness came from, so let's put a cap on that and make this the last time I hear about that."

Anthony also denied there is a rift with Mike D'Antoni, saying he supported the coach "100 percent."

The Knicks have lost six in a row, with Anthony taking much of the blame. The back page of Wednesday's New York Post ran a headline saying "Melo Wants Out!" The trade deadline is Thursday, a little more than a year after the Knicks acquired Anthony from Denver.

But Anthony called the report "nonsense," adding that he's faced adversity throughout his career and "I've never ran from it and I'm not about to pick today to start running from it."

"I've only been here a year," Anthony added. "I don't want to leave right now, so I'm here to stay."

Anthony also said he believes fellow players and team officials prefer he stays, saying he received text messages from teammates asking him about the story and telling him they don't want him to go.

According to the Post, Anthony became so discontent with the Knicks after Monday's loss in Chicago that he told a confidant that he preferred to be dealt. The report said he was unhappy in part because he believed D'Antoni and interim general manager Glen Grunwald do not trust him.

"I don't think that's true at all," forward Amare Stoudemire said. "Melo loves the city of New York, he loves playing for the Knicks. So I don't think that's true at all."
Via ESPN/AP

I haven't trusted a journalist since the 2010 fiasco. Source. A person close to... Bah

No offense Flatbush! I trust you only

As for coaches Phil Jackson would be best but I'm almost certain he ain't coming. I'd be open to Sloan or even JVG making a return.

I want to see names of sources. You shouldnt be able to say "sources" without naming a name. If you didnt wanna be quoted with your name tied to it then shut the #+*# up.

Many ppl get their news from the Internet. These papers do ANYTHING to sell as much as possible. Then move on to the next thing

!$%% is sad that a tabloid is the main paper in new York especially when you have the times. But even they had a few mess ups. !$%% is terrible

I haven't trusted a journalist since the 2010 fiasco. Source. A person close to... Bah

No offense Flatbush! I trust you only

laugh.gif
Thanks man! Trust me I totally understand why you feel the way you do. I think another major problem is the fact that when journalists used unnamed sources and then the story is clearly wrong; the media outlet and the journalist who reported false information are NEVER held accountable.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

I wish we could get Van Gundy back, but I don't see him coming back with Dolan as the owner.

Me too my dude! That would be my first choice to coach the team right now but I don't see it happening.
frown.gif

Sloan is reportedly interested.

I'll keep it real. I like Melo. Him, Amare and Tyson should have been an formidable frontline. I do believe that he wants to win here in NYC. But he needs to understand that he wont be the same player getting 20 shots a night. I also believe he's been outta shape,etc. At this point, it's asking a leopard to change its spots. His rep has been sullied in the biggest media market and his contract is what it is. Having the rep as the guy who forced a trade to NYC, GMs will have no faith in him. The guy needs a PR makeover by winning games and not sulking...his body language totally sucks. I personally believe his wife was the driving force in the trade, and all she's gotten is a %%#%*$ VH1 reality series, a clown +%% magazaine cover or two and a makeup line NYC women dont even wear. So come what may, we're stuck with him.

All that said, I do believe that MDA is done in the NBA unless a desperate franchise who wants to sell tix picks him up. I absolutely detest this guy as a head coach. Listen to him talk. He's afraid of confrontation and just sucks as a motivator. His system is all style and no substance. The Lakers ran a fastball offense in the 80s and still won because they knew how to D up. The Suns never won anything and then the Knicks, ever desperate for a move, make this guy one of the highest paid coaches in the league. Dolan totally shafted the Knicks getting this guy and that was Donnie's bad as well, since they figured that Bron would love to run in MDA's offense. If it were a matter of ticket sales, it wouldnt have mattered because us Knicks fans are loyal to a fault and would have still came out in droves. The dude is a poor coach.

I mean, i've studied media relations and PR. Half of these stories are sensationalized. They need an antagonist and you cant really criticize ownership which is where all of this comes from anyway. Donnie's been reduced to a figurehead "paid consultant" as opposed to the role he had before. This is how we repay the man who managed the salary cap nightmare we had. MDA didnt even have a shot at saving the season till Melo told him to play Lin...this guy was running the 1 with Toney Douglas. Melo was supposed to be this big savior, Bernard King 2.0 and it didnt work out. The same media that anointed Melo when he came here are the same ones tearing him down. Every trade deadline this stuff comes up anyway and it's not different. Coaches are supposed to be the ones instilling a culture in the players on how to play to their style, Pop has the Spurs buying into his system, Phil had Shaq and Kobe buy into the triangle. If Melo aint buying into the system, MDA hasnt exactly shown he will have repercussions until he benched him the other day vs the Sixers...for God sakes, MDA has known Amare for like 8 years and he still doesnt know how to box out or rebound.

MDA is the bigger joke here and I'm glad his rep is gone to the dirt. He cant win with two stars in the biggest media market. Let a real coach run the team.

Back
Top Bottom