Leonardo DiCaprio Vs Denzel Washington Vol. Who's the better Actor

I don't even really like Leo but hes a better actor in my opinion... Denzel makes hits but hes got nothing on Leo's ACTING skills.

Two different styles and both play their roles great. Someof you act like Denzel is on Samuel L. Jackson's level of having almost thesame persona with all of his roles.
Its like asking who is better, Michael Jordan or DerekJeter? 

Denzel got an Oscar for Training Day
indifferent.gif
. He has done a lot of great movies and he was great in that movie but it definitely doesn't deserve an Oscar.

How does Leo not get an Oscar for What's Eating Gilbert Grape. If that isn't phenomenal acting I don't  know what is. I also really liked him in Blood Diamond, but that year had some real heavy competition. I know he will get one soon because Scorsese is gonna make it happen. That being said Leo>Denzel. Both are great though and if anyone thinks he isn't type casted, you must be stupid. If you see his speech pattern in every movie it's practically the same just different roles.

Originally Posted by MALCALA622

Denzel easily

[*]Carbon Copy (1981). Character: Roger Porter [*]A Soldier’s Story (1984). Character: Private First Class (PFC) Peterson [*]Power (1986). Character: Arnold Billing [*]Cry Freedom (1987). Character: Steve Biko [*]For Queen and Country (1988). Character: Reuben James [*]The Mighty Quinn (1989). Character: Xavier Quinn [*]Glory (1989). Character: Private Trip [*]Heart Condition (1990). Character: Napoleon Stone [*]Mo’ Better Blues (1990). Character: Bleek Gilliam [*]Mississippi Masala (1991). Character: Demetrius Williams [*]Ricochet (1991). Character: Nick Styles [*]Malcolm X (1992). Character: Malcolm X (or just ‘X’) [*]Much Ado About Nothing (1993). Character: Don Pedro [*]The Pelican Brief (1993). Character: Gary Grantham [*]Philadelphia (1993). Character: Joe Miller [*]Crimson Tide (1995). Character: Lieutenant Commander Ron Hunter [*]Virtuosity (1995). Character: Lieutenant Parker Barnes [*]Hank Aaron: Chasing the Dream (1995). Executive Producer [*]Devil in a Blue Dress (1995). Character: Ezekiel ‘Easy’ Rawlins [*]Courage Under Fire (1996). Character: Nat Serling [*]The Preacher’s Wife (1996). Character: Dudley [*]Fallen (1998). Character: Detective John Hobbes [*]He Got Game (1998). Character: Jake Shuttlesworth [*]The Siege (1998). Character: Anthony ‘Hub’ Hubbard [*]The Bone Collector (1999). Character: Lincoln Rhyme [*]The Hurricane (1999). Character: Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter [*]Remember the Titans (2000). Character: Coach Herman Boone [*]Training Day (2001). Character: Alonzo [*]John Q (2002). Character: John Quincy Archibald (or ‘John Q’) [*]Antwone Fisher (2002). Character: Doctor Jerome Davenport. He also produced and directed this film. [*]Out of Time (2003). Character: Matthias Lee Whitlock [*]Man on Fire (2004). Character: Creasy [*]The Manchurian Candidate (2004). Character: Ben Marco [*]Inside Man (2006). Character: Detective Keith Frazier [*]Deja Vu (2006). Character: Agent Doug Carlin [*]American Gangster (2007). Character: Frank Lucas [*]The Great Debaters (2007). Character: Melvin B Tolson. He also directed this film. [*]The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3 (2009). Character: Walter Garber. [*]The Book of Eli (2010). Character: Eli

leonardo
theres little to no variety in denzels roles. i
ts always an authority type figure or somethin of that nature

Denzel with no versatilty?  Man, playing Malcolm X was like playing 3 different characters.  Training Day, Mo better blues, Devil in a Blue dress, AG?!?  I'll go with Denzel.  I do like Leo as well.  And don't sleep on my man Samuel.  

Denzel with no versatilty?  Man, playing Malcolm X was like playing 3 different characters.  Training Day, Mo better blues, Devil in a Blue dress, AG?!?  I'll go with Denzel.  I do like Leo as well.  And don't sleep on my man Samuel.  

--With a resume like Leo's at the age he's at right now and he keeps it up..he will surpass Denzel.
--As a few people said, versatality is key.

--Denzel is still appreciated though. Training Day.
pimp.gif

leo is my favorite white actor

denzel one of my favorite black actors for sure too

i dont wanna compare

leonardo but i enjoy denzel as well

since people have began name dropping random actors, pitt is one of my favs too

People are so reluctant to accept(race maybe)
eyes.gif
.....you can put Leo in any Denzel role...not so much the other way around....People dont understand what acting is all about
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by air4life

I want to see Denzel go for a role thats outside his comfort zone

cmon now leo is more talented and it's honestly not even debatable when you look at their roles side by side. and i'm high on denzel wash. it's just that leo is gonna be the greatest actor of our (the generation after deniro, pacino, hoffman) generation. it's painfully obvious. he just needs to surpass depp.

however we can argue that denzel isn't offered many versatile characters because of his skin color. who knows

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Originally Posted by air4life

I want to see Denzel go for a role thats outside his comfort zone
I want to se Denzel CAST in a role that is out of his comfort zone. 
BTW Denzel all the way. 

Back
Top Bottom