Leonardo DiCaprio Vs Denzel Washington Vol. Who's the better Actor

Leo by farm as talent and versatility goes. I'm a Denzel fan since I liked some of his movies and he is graduate of my Univ. But Leo is hands down a better actor. You put him in any role and he'll do well. Denzel, not so much. Like people mentioned, he plays very similar roles each movie.

Leo played a ******ed kid in Gilber Grape as a Child and killed it. He played in a love movie in Titanic that one of the all time grossing films. The departed, Blood Diamonds, and so many other great movies. Sure his body of work isn't as big. But that's because Leo takes a wider range of roles and doesn't always go after the blockbuster movies like Denzel tends to do.

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

JohnnyRedStorm wrote:

Harlem On The Rise wrote:

How isn't Denzel versatile?? He's played everything from a southern football coach to a NY 1970's gangster...

Malcolm X
Jake Shuttlesworth
etc...
Son's last five movies all I have the same type of character.

You can't be serious...

[*]
[*]Deja Vu (2006). Character: Agent Doug Carlin

[*]American Gangster (2007). Character: Frank Lucas

[*]The Great Debaters (2007). Character: Melvin B Tolson. He also directed this film.

[*]The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3 (2009). Character: Walter Garber.

[*]The Book of Eli (2010). Character: Eli

I swear Training Day is barely memorable.
  Does the Oscar he won for the role bring back ANY memories...
Spoiler [+]
indifferent.gif

2hebm2f.gif

just watched basketball diaries and did not expect to see a junky movie i could see it happening to alot of streetball players that could make it big. Leo by a mile as an actor and i love denzel too.

Originally Posted by EightysBaby

Originally Posted by M1dnightMobster

Anyone who says Denzel has only seen one movie by him.

The dude is the SAME in every movie.
indifferent.gif

Yeah that waste of space on the page wasn't necessary. Denzel does play the same character is every movie.

leo and j depp are the two most versatile actors on the planet.

period

Originally Posted by Squalie413

just watched basketball diaries and did not expect to see a junky movie i could see it happening to alot of streetball players that could make it big. Leo by a mile as an actor and i love denzel too.

wasn't leo gettin topped off in a bathroom stall in that movie??? Denzel on the other hand took a beating like a MAN in Glory...

FOH with bringing up Basketball Diaries in a Leo Denzel comparison thread... I don't even know why we're all having this debate...

but i'll say this and then I'm done... both are AMAZING actors... Denzel is just better.

Originally Posted by got shoes

Originally Posted by M1dnightMobster

Anyone who says Denzel has only seen one movie by him.

The dude is the SAME in every movie.
roll.gif

Why do dudes get so mad at the fact that Denzel plays the same character in every movie.

Team Denzel.

Man On Fire remains one of my all time favourite movies.

Leo is good though. I ain't hating on him.

I would say Denzel because imo he can carry a movie. You take Denzel out of Malcom X, Training Day, Glory, and replace him with someone else its not the same movie. Leo is great but i haven't seen him in a role where if say Ed Norton or Matt Damon, or Johnny Depp played the role the movie would fall apart.

This thread is a lot bigger than I thought it would be.
laugh.gif

Both are great actors but I have to say Denzel, he has more great roles. But theres a big age difference, the better question would be Tom Hanks vs Denzel( I would still hand that to Denzel).

Originally Posted by Brandon5000

Originally Posted by Squalie413

wasn't leo gettin topped off in a bathroom stall in that movie??? Denzel on the other hand took a beating like a MAN in Glory...

FOH with bringing up Basketball Diaries in a Leo Denzel comparison thread... I don't even know why we're all having this debate...

but i'll say this and then I'm done... both are AMAZING actors... Denzel is just better.
leo got a beat down by this guy
T+Mobile+Rookie+Challenge+Youth+Jam+9MEC9xgL_OOl.jpg
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Dicaprio is my favorite actor, so > Denzel

While I was watching Shutter Island last night I just was in awe at how well he played the role, and how well he can display all the emotions. He's IMO the best actor hollywood has right now, easily.

DiCaprio.

Catch Me If You Can
pimp.gif

Denzel's acting skills as good as they are, are still one dimensional.

Like the homey Star says Denzel needs to play a flaming homosexual during the 50s before he gets in to some best actor discussions.

I havent seen enough of Leo to give him a fair assessment.

so Denzel. but i Like Denzel a lot so...

but dude just posted up every movie Denzel has ever been in like they were great masterpieces or something. I like and appreciate DW especially in Glory and Training Day.

Also I really enjoyed Body of Lies with Leonardo and the Departed.  And Inception looks great and Shutter Island was awesome.

DW hasn't been putting anything good out recently, Book of Eli and Pelham were very mediocre.

Back
Top Bottom