Leonardo DiCaprio Vs Denzel Washington Vol. Who's the better Actor

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Originally Posted by M1dnightMobster

Anyone who says Denzel has only seen one movie by him.

The dude is the SAME in every movie.

Thank God someone said this.
Malcolm X
Training Day
John Q.
Man on Fire
Glory

Yeah all those roles are EXACTLY the same. C'mon man...do you guys even believe that?

ok lets get one thing out of the way , theres a difference between "role" and "character"........while he doesnt play the same character he does play the same role .......he is naturally a dominant strong nature person.all his pictures have that poise, all his interviews show this....none of his movies show a transition from denzel the person to denzel the actor. you watch a leonardo dicaprio interview and he sounds like ur regular joe shmoe, your buddy u chill with...not a damn thing sticks out beside what the girls would call "good loosk".....not even "sexy" just rather a "pretty boy"....when u see whats eating gilbert grape,shutter island,titanic,catch me if you can....he can make u believe he's ******ed,a con man 19th century european immigrant, a cop etc.....its a stretch from his natural persona.........ACTING
denzel the man is naturally an imposing dude , if this picture was on a news paper reading "dirty cop" or "harlem drug lord" "retired boxer" "lawyer" "ex military"...........they would be believable.....i mean you look at cam'ron and wood harris in "paid in full" decent performances...because its not a stretch..........i while give denzel credit he is DAMN good at what he does 

denzel-washington-51.jpg

but the !+%# this little frail white boy makes u believe when he's on screen is 
sick.gif

i mean damn.........the little bastard half his age next to him looks more screen suited

At-a-Los-Angeles-Lakers-Game-leonardo-dicaprio-2884361-1222-817.jpg

Originally Posted by BartVader

Denzel easy...

I don`t get how people say he plays the same role either. Even if that was the case, every good/great actor (with Depp as probably the only real exception) plays the same role to a certain extent.
Not every actor is type cast.  You do see a lot of the same mannerisms transfer from role to role in a lot of actors, but the mark of a good actor is when they can completely create a new personality and be that personality without lending any idea of who they really are.  I don't want to rely on the Academy Awards to say who is a great actor, because it only awards the best in a given year, which can be like rating the best turd out of a pile of $$%+.  Anyway, Denzel is Denzel in a lot of roles, you can't avoid that fact.  He is a good actor, but only in certain roles.  

Originally Posted by eaalto

Originally Posted by BartVader

Denzel easy...

I don`t get how people say he plays the same role either. Even if that was the case, every good/great actor (with Depp as probably the only real exception) plays the same role to a certain extent.
Not every actor is type cast.  You do see a lot of the same mannerisms transfer from role to role in a lot of actors, but the mark of a good actor is when they can completely create a new personality and be that personality without lending any idea of who they really are.  I don't want to rely on the Academy Awards to say who is a great actor, because it only awards the best in a given year, which can be like rating the best turd out of a pile of $$%+.  Anyway, Denzel is Denzel in a lot of roles, you can't avoid that fact.  He is a good actor, but only in certain roles.  

like i said he's great at what he does , and he's a very good actor

^

Thank you for confirming that Denzel Washington to blacks is what Manny Pacquiao is to Filipinos. I knew this was a race thing.

I like Leo, but Denz had more defining roles. I feel Denz is more accomplished but Leo has more money.

Originally Posted by M1dnightMobster

The dude is the SAME in every movie.
Thread should have ended here. Denzel is the least versatile A-list actor in the game.

Originally Posted by eeibaby

LEONARDO DICRAPRIO

One of my favorite actors of all time, blows my mind everytime I watch him on screen.

By far way more versatile than Denzel, Denzel does different roles but hes still acting the same way

I never seen Denzel do a role thats out of his range like Leo did on What's Eating Gilbert Grape
This

i gotta go with Leo, although im a fan of both....however Denzel IMO only had three roles in which he was incredible
1 Man on Fire
2 Training day
3 Philadelphia

Leo on the other hand steals the show in 90% of his roles....however the academy awards obviously have a vendetta against him and his mentor Scorsese. It wasnt until The departed i believe that Scorcese won his first academy award and this was only because that was without ANY doubt the best movie of that year. How can you possibly never get an actor of the year award with titles like Titanic, The departed, Blood diamond, Basketball Diaries, The Aviator, Catch me if you can.....*!%!!!

ohh just for the record Denzel does not play the same role, he has done both Good guy and villain, sensitive and "ill cut your balls off and feed em to you and then kill you" type of guy.

Training Day and Pelham 123, complete different roles

Leo is such a versatile actor he's been at the top for a while, there is nothing he can't do.

Other actors I put ahead of Denzel: Johnnny Depp, Edward Norton, Jeff Bridges, etc

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Leo is such a versatile actor he's been at the top for a while, there is nothing he can't do.

Other actors I put ahead of Denzel: Johnnny Depp, Edward Norton, Jeff Bridges, etc

I think Denzel just has a strong presence without trying to hard, he makes it look easy.
Edward Norton is simply the most underrated actor in hollywood.....dude is amazing.

You dudes must not have seen X, Denzel is just on another level.  Leo is great as well however.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

ohh just for the record Denzel does not play the same role, he has done both Good guy and villain, sensitive and "ill cut your balls off and feed em to you and then kill you" type of guy.

Training Day and Pelham 123, complete different roles
Since 2000, Denzel has pretty much been the same cool, calm, and collected character.  No matter what role he played (good, bad, happy, sad..), all his characters had those traits.  Pelham 123 was a change of pace but wasn't anything special.  And lets not forget the writing has more to do with it than anything so I'm not mad at Denzel for finding a niche and running with it.  The truth of the matter is that as of late, versatility has not been in Denzel's focus.

I prefer DiCaprio over Denzel.  And this is coming from a black man since it matters apparently.. 

The scene in The Departed with Wahlberg berating DiCaprio about his shanty, Donkey, Lace Curtain Irish background is stunning. He doesn't say a word, but Leo's rage is palpable. Brilliant acting, that.

DiCaprio is amazing and I prefer his body of work, but this is ultimately a pointless comparison.

Originally Posted by McFlyyy

i don't understand how that renders him one-dimensional.
THIS
I mean because his voice and tone might be the same on some films, it makes them the same?

Back to the question... if i needed a great actor in MY movie NOW I'd have to go with Leo

Back
Top Bottom