Leonardo DiCaprio signs on for his next movie

Man I thought The Beach was 
pimp.gif

Ugh RyGuy45, now I'm torn. The plot of the book looks very, very interesting... however now with the knowledge of Leo playing lead in the movie, I don't know which one I should dive into first.

What do you think?

For sure the book if for non other reason then because the movie isn't coming out for awhile. Plus you can pick it up for what you would spend at Chipotle.

The book itself flows really well and is a true story that the author researched. You learn a ton of stuff in this thing too about what went on during this "Fair" such as inventions and even Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer was named because they won the Blue Ribbon award at this Fair
laugh.gif
  I had no idea how famous this event was, and by chance they also had serial killer hanging around

Man I thought The Beach was 
pimp.gif

Ugh RyGuy45, now I'm torn. The plot of the book looks very, very interesting... however now with the knowledge of Leo playing lead in the movie, I don't know which one I should dive into first.

What do you think?

For sure the book if for non other reason then because the movie isn't coming out for awhile. Plus you can pick it up for what you would spend at Chipotle.

The book itself flows really well and is a true story that the author researched. You learn a ton of stuff in this thing too about what went on during this "Fair" such as inventions and even Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer was named because they won the Blue Ribbon award at this Fair
laugh.gif
  I had no idea how famous this event was, and by chance they also had serial killer hanging around

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Just ordered it on my Kindle. I read it after I finish On the Road.

you ever miss holding an actual book? i absolutely love my Kindle.. but sometimes I miss holding a book in my hands. Think I'm going with a physical book on this one.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Leo 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. This movie is already a winner 
This.

What do you think?

Book, always the book.

I read Shutter Island a week before I watched the movie. Still found the movie to be great.

Book was better tho.
Honestly, if my mom didn't buy Kindle for me as a surprise birthday gift and I got it on my own, I'd probably stick with the paper. I just love the way books look, feel and smell, especially the ones with good cover designs. The Kindle is good, though, from a green perspective and since I'm a fan of going green, I'm happy it exists. I am a little torn on it as a writer and the possibility that e-readers could be the end of bookstores.

And I'm cosigning you on reading the book first, it usually makes you enjoy the movie more, as long as the adaptation was done well. It usually doesn't work the other way around either, although some books/movies, like Fight Club, could get away with the inverse.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Just ordered it on my Kindle. I read it after I finish On the Road.

you ever miss holding an actual book? i absolutely love my Kindle.. but sometimes I miss holding a book in my hands. Think I'm going with a physical book on this one.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Leo 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. This movie is already a winner 
This.

What do you think?

Book, always the book.

I read Shutter Island a week before I watched the movie. Still found the movie to be great.

Book was better tho.
Honestly, if my mom didn't buy Kindle for me as a surprise birthday gift and I got it on my own, I'd probably stick with the paper. I just love the way books look, feel and smell, especially the ones with good cover designs. The Kindle is good, though, from a green perspective and since I'm a fan of going green, I'm happy it exists. I am a little torn on it as a writer and the possibility that e-readers could be the end of bookstores.

And I'm cosigning you on reading the book first, it usually makes you enjoy the movie more, as long as the adaptation was done well. It usually doesn't work the other way around either, although some books/movies, like Fight Club, could get away with the inverse.

Came in from Amazon today. 
pimp.gif

Unfortunately, I still have two other books to finish, and I ordered two more with this.
laugh.gif

And I also thought The Beach was pretty excellent.

Came in from Amazon today. 
pimp.gif

Unfortunately, I still have two other books to finish, and I ordered two more with this.
laugh.gif

And I also thought The Beach was pretty excellent.

DiCaprio along with Phillip Seymour Hoffman are the only 2 actors that I have complete 100% faith in. The guys just don't make bad movies.

DiCaprio along with Phillip Seymour Hoffman are the only 2 actors that I have complete 100% faith in. The guys just don't make bad movies.

Originally Posted by hymen man

The Beach was a damn good movie, eff what you heard.
I forgot all about this...def. a good movie
pimp.gif

Looking forward to this one...Leo stays with a winner

Originally Posted by hymen man

The Beach was a damn good movie, eff what you heard.
I forgot all about this...def. a good movie
pimp.gif

Looking forward to this one...Leo stays with a winner

I swear reading the premise it made me remember that he was actually the one to play American Physco after Titanic.  But for some reason, he backed out and Bale got the part. 

I wonder if that had anything to do with him not passing on this one. 

I said it back then that him playin a serial killer intrigued me, especially after all his commercial success for Titanic.  Love the way this guy chooses roles.   

I swear reading the premise it made me remember that he was actually the one to play American Physco after Titanic.  But for some reason, he backed out and Bale got the part. 

I wonder if that had anything to do with him not passing on this one. 

I said it back then that him playin a serial killer intrigued me, especially after all his commercial success for Titanic.  Love the way this guy chooses roles.   

With the exception of man in the iron mask, my dude leo has a lock on hollywood. I want to see him play Sinatra already. I have a feeling it's going to be Scorsese's ultimate classic.

With the exception of man in the iron mask, my dude leo has a lock on hollywood. I want to see him play Sinatra already. I have a feeling it's going to be Scorsese's ultimate classic.

Back
Top Bottom