Legalizing Mary Jane????

Originally Posted by RKO2004

OK fine. Go ahead and legalize it.
laugh.gif
The national weed association came out strong. But doesn't it cause memory loss?
It impairs short term memory...while you're on the drug. So no, it doesn't cause memory loss.

I'm not trying to sound mean but even if you did, why do you care? I'm assuming you won't be using marijuana.

during break when i bought a 20$ bag, i was thinking damn, this is so small. for something that's like size of a dollar coin you have to pay 20$ for?? iflegalizing it will make it cheaper for a bag of 20 then definately. would i pay more to have it legalized? def. not.

so i guess it comes down to, would you pay more for weed to be legal or pay what it costs now and stay that way? (assuming it'll most likely be more $ iflegal due to taxes)

I wonder if they legalize Marijuana who will be working at the packaging factories?

LOL

Smoke-a-ton!

if weed was legalized they wouldnt be O' Dweeds at your local walmart, like I said, they cant rely on Cali for the Weed production of the US so they wouldhave to import it, not to mention all they lawyers, PO's, PIgs, Judges, Drug Testing companies, rehab clinics, liquor stores, and cigarette companies whowould literally go bankrupt over night if this happened. The US has been so stupid about chron for so long that it would be economic suicide to legalize whenthey have invested so much money in making us wanna smoke it in the first place.

I wonder what effect it would have on the tax revenue made off of Alcohol and Cigarettes. The introduction of Weed into the market would definitely decreasethe sales of Alc and Cigs but would the increased tax revenue from Weed outweigh those losses?

Of course, there's always the conspiracy theory that the Gov't is already making money off of the black market that is Marijuana.

Originally Posted by gambit215

if weed was legalized they wouldnt be O' Dweeds at your local walmart, like I said, they cant rely on Cali for the Weed production of the US so they would have to import it, not to mention all they lawyers, PO's, PIgs, Judges, Drug Testing companies, rehab clinics, liquor stores, and cigarette companies who would literally go bankrupt over night if this happened. The US has been so stupid about chron for so long that it would be economic suicide to legalize when they have invested so much money in making us wanna smoke it in the first place.
The ignorance shown in your statements is laughable. I am never one to discourage other fellow smokers but man... might need to put the bong downevery once in awhile homie.

personally, im against it. it's just another substance to impair drivers and i don't want people that are smoking to be near me on the road. just myopinion.

Originally Posted by nickthesneakerkid

personally, im against it. it's just another substance to impair drivers and i don't want people that are smoking to be near me on the road. just my opinion.
You are assuming that people arent already blazing and taking to the roads. Its not like a bunch of people are all of a sudden gonna start tokinup just cause its legal and then going on crazy joyrides. I burn and drive or burn while driving all the time. I know it sounds cliche and stuff, but Ireally am a safer driver when I'm high cause I am extra careful bout followin all the rules, keeping it at a manageable speed, etc.. etc... so I dont getpulled over for some BS traffic infraction and get run for DUI, posession, or anything stupid like that.

^ignorance? please point.........instead of waiting for me to respond, kind of a b****move to get my attention dont ya think?

Originally Posted by gambit215

if weed was legalized they wouldnt be O' Dweeds at your local walmart, like I said, they cant rely on Cali for the Weed production of the US so they would have to import it, not to mention all they lawyers, PO's, PIgs, Judges, Drug Testing companies, rehab clinics, liquor stores, and cigarette companies who would literally go bankrupt over night if this happened. The US has been so stupid about chron for so long that it would be economic suicide to legalize when they have invested so much money in making us wanna smoke it in the first place.

My apologies. Not trying to pick a fight. I just think youre way off base.

"they cant rely on Cali for the Weed production of the US so they would have to import it" - Although cali's (well parts of) weather and soilconditions are prime for marijuana cultivation, its not to say they cant grow buds anywhere else. Where theres money to be made, there are people willing tojump on that opportunity. Look at the boom in corn crops as the demand for ethanol rose. If Marijuana is a cash crop, you best believe farmers in all partsof the country will convert their farmland to make it suitable for growth. Furthermore, not everyone is smokin that premium buds. No one says you have to tryto and setup these hydroponic OG Kush super greenhouses to support the demand. There are plenty of dudes who smoke mid grades or stress or just your regularole outdoor grown buds.

As far as people going bankrupt overnight...
Cigarette companies - People dont smoke cigs as an alternative to buds. If anything they go hand in hand. I just kicked the habit (cigs) this year and its adamn shame cause my high is always better if I light up a cig right after a session.

Liquor Stores - I dont see the correlation. Weeds gotta be sold (if legal) somewhere right? Why not at the same retailers that sell alcohol and cigarettes?

Rehab Clinics - To quote Half Baked... "You in here for some marijuana?!?!?!" I know friends/acquaintances that went to rehab for alcoholism andaddiction to meth (amongst others). I never known anyone who went to rehab for buds. Debate is still out there regarding whether or not marijuana isphysically addictive. I'm not saying that there arent people who go to rehab to kick their weed habit, but its not THAT serious.

Drug Testing Clinics - Whether or not weed is legal or not, companies that use drug testing will continue to use drug testing. Its not like they just test forweed, they test for all other drugs and sometimes even for alcohol.

Lawyers - How many attorneys are there who specialize in marijuana law? Not that many in the grand scheme of things, and its not like they cant transition toother types of specialties. Even if it does become legal, look at the correlation between alcohol (which is legal) and attorneys specializing in alcoholrelated cases. Its not like the legalization of weed is going to create this free for all where you can do whatever you want without any consequence. Thesale and use of marijuana will still be highly regulated and there will still be legal issues that stem from it (thus creating the need for attorneys whospecialize in these types of cases).

"The US has been so stupid about chron for so long that it would be economic suicide to legalize when they have invested so much money in making us wannasmoke it in the first place." - Im a little bit confused about this statement so please correct me if I'm wrong. If you are saying that the US GovtHAS invested so much money into wanting people to smoke marijuana, dont you think they would want to reap some of the benefits of selling said marijuana (bytaxation). Sounds like simple business to me. Advertise your product (marijuana). Create demand for your product. Sell your product (or in this case Taxyour product). Generate revenue from the sale (or taxation) of said product. Thats some Fisher Price My First Business stuff goin on right there.

In California, marijuana dispensaries are required to file and pay sales tax generating close to $100 million dollars a year in sales tax revenue.

CA Board of Equalization sales tax policy: http://www.boe.ca.gov/news/pdf/medseller2007.pdfhttp://www.boe.ca.gov/news/pdf/medseller2007.pdf

Add to that all revenues earned legal or illegal are to be reported to the IRS so just imagine the millions in tax revenues the Federal govt is receiving fromthese dispensaries.

Those two facts alone should be a valid reason to legalize MJ. I mean just do the math...

Originally Posted by purplehazze96

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

school me on measure Z. I heard about it after coming across some story about Weed University or something. So can you walk down the street puffin a jay and
the cops wont say nothing to you as long as you arent near schools or areas where children might be?

Basically like an dee 510 said, it made weed the lowest legal priority for Oakland cops, completely decriminilized it aswell.

Wassup bruh, yeah Oakland followed after Berkeley. Berkeley did something similar to where smoking weed is still technically "illegal"
but have allocated minimal amounts of funds to enforce it.

Originally Posted by papageorgeo

If they did legalized it, many dealers would go out of business and be broke...lol..But i doubt that they would legalized it due to the government is making more money now that is not legal. Think about how many drug program are there and how many police officers depends on marijuana to keep there jobs....
The irony of selling drugs(or patrolling against it) issort of like i'm using it
Guess its two sides to what 'substance abuse' is

-jay-z

Originally Posted by ReliantJ

Originally Posted by KanyeWestJayZ4life

laugh.gif
The national weed association came out strong. But doesn't it cause memory loss?
It impairs short term memory...while you're on the drug. So no, it doesn't cause memory loss.

I'm not trying to sound mean but even if you did, why do you care? I'm assuming you won't be using marijuana.
How dare he care about other people's health.
Man, some comments ya'll say scare me.

Since when do I need someone making decision about my health for me? This America for gods sake. The land of freedom.

I wouldn't ban you from eating McDonalds something that IS proven to kill. I wouldn't ban you from driving a motocycle, something that kills thousandsof people. I wouldn't ban you from drinking alcohol because I think it's unsafe for you. I wouldn't ban you from eating things with trans fat. Fastfood is proven to be addictive and cause ALL sorts of health problems. I wish I had someone deciding for me whether or not I can eat it.

Why would I want someone to act like my daddy and tell me what I can or cannot do to my body. ESPECIALLY when I am adamant that I'm doing something thatwill never hurt me. This MIGHT be different if marijuana killed thousands of people every year instead of a whooping 0.

Until then thank you, I'm competent enough to make my own decisions. Stop imposing your dysfunctional moral decisions (or whatever biases you have againstweed) and allow me to live in the pursuit of happiness.

Originally Posted by AG 47

Wassup bruh, yeah Oakland followed after Berkeley. Berkeley did something similar to where smoking weed is still technically "illegal"
but have allocated minimal amounts of funds to enforce it.
Whenever I go to to Telegraph I ALWAYS see dudes smoking j's outside on the street in broad daylight.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ReliantJ

laugh.gif

How dare he care about other people's health.
Man, some comments ya'll say scare me.

Since when do I need someone making decision about my health for me? This America for gods sake. The land of freedom.

I wouldn't ban you from eating McDonalds something that IS proven to kill. I wouldn't ban you from driving a motocycle, something that kills thousands of people. I wouldn't ban you from drinking alcohol because I think it's unsafe for you. I wouldn't ban you from eating things with trans fat. Fast food is proven to be addictive and cause ALL sorts of health problems. I wish I had someone deciding for me whether or not I can eat it.

Why would I want someone to act like my daddy and tell me what I can or cannot do to my body. ESPECIALLY when I am adamant that I'm doing something that will never hurt me. This MIGHT be different if marijuana killed thousands of people every year instead of a whooping 0.

Until then thank you, I'm competent enough to make my own decisions. Stop imposing your dysfunctional moral decisions (or whatever biases you have against weed) and allow me to live in the pursuit of happiness.

i agree with you %100. and all that talk about it being a gateway drug is BS imo.

I've asked this question in other threads with no response: Where are the health risks if I vaporize my bud?

Back
Top Bottom