Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
@GatorBeltsNPattieMelts It's different for women, girls can rock just about anything and with the right outfit it still looks dope. I had a uniform in school so the only cool part of the uniform was your kicks so people went all out, I didn't care until I got a little older but we was more into Adidas torsion and Nike Air Maxes back then. My twins are humble, I get them nice kicks for school then a couple out of school kicks on the more expensive end but they don't care right now.

Things have changed now, kids are learning very early about sneaker heads and how supposedly cool it is which is complete nonsense to be honest. I think this fad is a mental disease, no one needs more than 2 kicks and somewhere along the line we was brain washed into thinking we need more. Juice, the opening scene where Q's getting dressed and trying on multiple shoes and then his brother's in agreement and they high five did it somewhat for me, although watching Spike Lee's Do the Right Thing, they wore some dope Js but wore the same pair on a daily basis.

My son's just started basketball and you already know other kids are giving them the more expensive your shoes are the better you play babble, I hope they don't follow my addiction and use their money for better things but with all the websites glorifying shoes and how cool people with hundreds of them are I don't see that being easy for them.

As for the kid I helped, I agree he doesn't need expensive kicks and didn't have to wear faked but in a society driven by who has the coolest shoes if you can get a pair similar to the ones you really want but can't afford I can see people jumping them. Let's be honest though, LeBron's are some frigging nice looking shoes and so are Jordans so you really can't blame someone really liking them. I give back and the fact he's so content with the fact his mom can't afford the shoes he wants I gave it to him, he's a good kid and hopefully will help others as he grows.

Last edited:
I never had to deal with any of that at school, we had strict rules about the shoes we could wear with our uniform. And 99% of the time I was out of school I was in bare feet or jandals.

However I did rock the white on white AF1s with my PE uniform :smokin :lol:

Last edited:
I never had to deal with any of that at school, we had strict rules about the shoes we could wear with our uniform. And 99% of the time I was out of school I was in bare feet or jandals.

However I did rock the white on white AF1s with my PE uniform
smokin.gif
laugh.gif
I legit had to google this and see if you had just coined the new Jordan sandal term
laugh.gif
 but they're just regular flip flops

I'm more amazed at how things have changed, I remember reading the hype on the re-entry's (yup I know I was the only one
mean.gif
) and doing the line up thing overnight with a ton of kids trying to get some Js, I remember this one kid had his whole posse out kept me up laughing at they young selves all night, and in the morning they didn't want to let him in bcuz he didn't have an adult with him and I just told mall security he was my lil brother so they'd let him in to buy the shoes and he shook my hand and thanked me and apologized for keeping me up all night
laugh.gif
 I didn't really get that feel good moment it just kinda felt like the right thing to do  

@Dc30 is the man to ask, he did these and a few other as well
pimp.gif
would you happen to know the charge ? The south beaches are sitting everywhere i could easily scoop if the price of the job is right. I wouldnt want to contact him unless im fully committed to the job. 

would you happen to know the charge ? The south beaches are sitting everywhere i could easily scoop if the price of the job is right. I wouldnt want to contact him unless im fully committed to the job. 

Just PM dc30 dc30 he'll let you know all you need to know, he's cool :nthat:

@Dc30 is the madman behind the work (great work at that)
already sent him a message, considering i might be able to scoop south beaches for sub 100 bucks this might just come to fruition, blacked out swoosh would really set it off! 

You sure those Anthracites were DS? They didn't come with lacelocks, unless you got some kind of special edition

Just copped both of these together for $212, DS Anthracites and VNDS Miami Nights :smokin
Definitely seeing some good deals on the XIs out there with the XIIs just releasing.
View media item 1247062

Wow that's a heck of a deal :wow:

Not sure wuss up with the lace lock though :lol:

And I think dude was also referring to the slightly dented area on the toe box as far as them being DS :nerd:

But a lot of pairs of XI's came out of the box like that :smh:

added lace locks doesn't mean they are worn
laugh.gif
Nah, I just don't like when sellers add, modify, or take away something from a shoe. Has happened to me before. That wasn't the case here, as the buyer stated he added the lacelocks
Wow that's a heck of a deal
eek.gif

Not sure wuss up with the lace lock though
laugh.gif

And I think dude was also referring to the slightly dented area on the toe box as far as them being DS
nerd.gif

But a lot of pairs of XI's came out of the box like that
mean.gif
Yea not only that, but I was only questioning it because the Anthracites are probably the easiest pair of XI for sellers to try and pass off as DS because of that weird ashy look on the bottom of the soles

Last edited:
:lol: well after owning as many shoes as I do, I'd hope I could tell if something was DS or not in person :nerd: But I get what you mean that it's something easy to fake in pics online since it's a mostly black shoe. For the price I paid, I had some doubts, but both pairs checked out in person. The bottoms on the MNs also barely show any yellowing.

In any case, if you guys are still looking for more XIs, I'd definitely keep your eyes open. Seen some good deals lately on eBay and other places.

Off topic I know...

Im headed to Memphis tomorrow. Anyone know of any good sneaker boutiques to visit there?

Well the XI may be done releasing but from now on I'm on the watch for the OSU "Home" PEs and the Ring Ceremonies and will snag them when given the opportunity. Haven't seen too many people with them on here though unfortunately so that means that I won't be able to easily knock the price down when negotiating -.-

Back
Top Bottom