Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
thats exactly why i can let it go. im usually bigger than everyone, including him lol. at my size fighting anyone is pointless. going off on a minimum wage employee is pointless. why do that? ill use the situation for an inevitable NICE discount there, and hell get punishment from his masters. rather than me going off on him and compromising myself. no reason to chincheck an ant is there?

Because it's the principality of things, and how you were disrespected.

I understand where you're coming from, but he should have been checked face to face.

LONG READ

let me tell yall how my experience was today. So i go to university mall here in tampa. Went to champs and tried to use this $10 coupon i had. They said they wont accept it for any release day items. I said release day was 2 weeks ago, wtf? They said by release day, we mean...any product that has a release date. AKA EVERYTHING WORTHWHILE. He said they dont even accept military discounts anymore for rd products smh.

Then i said whatever, ill pay $200, let me get the lebron 11s in a size 13. Kid goes to the back, then comes out with em. I sit down getting ready to try em on and then another employee LITERALLY runs over to us. He grabs the box out of my hands and checks the size really quick. Then he snatches em outta my hand grabs the other associate and says "lets take a walk really quick." and they both walked to the back room. Im sitting there wondering wtf.....

They both come back a minute later (without the shoes) and say "Im sorry, we cant sell you those. Theyre the wrong ones. Wrong size. We dont have any 13s left." Now i KNEW this muhf***a was lying cuz the box was already slid open IN MY HANDS! it was two size 13 lebrons right in my face when he snatched em! I stood up and left.
Man that is seriously messed up.  I can understand employees holding shoes for their friends, but to just take the shoes back when a customer is trying them on? 
mean.gif

If you really wanted to hoard the shoes that much, you would have found a better location for them.

You definitely handled the situation classy.  Me, I would have done it a bit differently.  If he wants to be a d___, I can be a d___ also.
I've always wondered if an employee did some ish like that to a customer, and in retaliation, the customer just knocked all the shoes off the wall as they left, what can happen to the customer?

anyways...glad you were still able to get a pair.
That's a good question, I never seen that happen before.  Just picturing it in my mind is hilarious though.  I assume nothing can happen, just that if the customer shows up at the store again in the future, I doubt he will be treated well.

@TEKtheMAESTRO - that's foul man. you have to pull the manager up on that and get your shoes. its one thing to horde the shoe. its another thing to take it away from a customer on that childish type stuff. they would have to chalk it up as a lesson learned.
you could have gotten the shoes and still not have to step outside of scope. a win win situation.

could have just pulled the manager to the side and been like "look, your guys messing up... blah blah blah... they taking me for a fool.... blah blah blah... they took the shoes out of my hands and told me they weren't the size my eyes said they were.... blah blah blah... that's not cool. what can you do about the situation?"

LONG READ

edit: by the way, at finish line they showed me the aways in person. They were absolutely nothing special and the red is nowhere near as crazy as people were saying. They looked just as plain and bland as i originally thought.

Had a bad feeling about this. Damn near all the photos posted online have some sort of image alteration going on.

LONG READ

edit: by the way, at finish line they showed me the aways in person. They were absolutely nothing special and the red is nowhere near as crazy as people were saying. They looked just as plain and bland as i originally thought.

Had a bad feeling about this. Damn near all the photos posted online have some sort of image alteration going on.

ill cosign with TEKtheMAESTRO.... I saw them this weekend too. a fnl employee showed me. they def look WAAAAAY better in pics. not a bad shoe by any means. just know you need to manage expectations especially for the price. :smh:

I've always wondered if an employee did some ish like that to a customer, and in retaliation, the customer just knocked all the shoes off the wall as they left, what can happen to the customer?

anyways...glad you were still able to get a pair.
DYING just visualizing this in my head...suprised this isn't on YouTube yet over some retro J's with how some people act on RD
I imagine something like this:  

Last edited:
ill cosign with TEKtheMAESTRO.... I saw them this weekend too. a fnl employee showed me. they def look WAAAAAY better in pics. not a bad shoe by any means. just know you need to manage expectations especially for the price.
mean.gif
i seen annoying dj delz hyping up the red on away 11. comparing it to the red foam 1. saying it "pops way more".

On the release day of the KOTJ I picked my pair up from FL. When it was my turn in line I asked for a size 12 so they went to the back and brought me a pair and checked it out. When I got home I opened it up only to realize they had given me the Black/Red pairs instead smh . I took it back and luckily they realized the mistake they made and they held the KOTJ pair for me otherwise all hell would've broken loose in that FL lol

If I don't get any other pairs of 11's this year...I want the Forging Irons, but clearly it looks as if Nike is gonna make these come in a regular box and then a special packaging possibly going for 500

The Forging Irons.  Guaranteed to make a kid run faster and jump higher.
They look great in this picture, but I promised myself no more clear ("icy") soles after my X Pressures yellowed like crazy last year.  I will be keeping that promise. 

FYI: The Black/Red pairs is nothing special . The only shocking thing about the shoe for me was opening it up to see that red hue instead on the king of the jungle colour lol

SMH, as if people didn't read the dude getting flamed on the last page for the Kaleidoscope outfit. It's like these noobs be joining NT just to post their new "Barney & Friends" get-ups

So I went in to my footlocker to get the kings pride, tried it on, and asked to also get the kobe 8 pit vipers in my size. Nightwing2303 recommended for guards to try out switching the insole of the kobe 8 with the LeBron 11's insole and you'll get that low to the ground feel. (because honestly im not built like LeBron and I cant handle my basketball shoes having so much cushion considering im only 6ft 2 and 165 pounds and built scrawny like kd.) So that's what I did, switch the insole and it felt amazing. Decided I was going to buy both the kobe's and the leBrons but he asked me why I switched the insoles. So I explained how I planned on using em for basketball and he then proceeded to say that's stupid and how im not the customer this shoe was targeting. Made it feel like I was an idiot because I wasn't using it for casual use. I just said forget it and went to a shoe palace to get my pairs. But anybody else get that problem when they go in to get leBrons?
That's why the idiot lost himself a sale. And that's why FTL employees get paid like 10 cents above minimum wage
roll.gif

Real tears haha.

If I don't get any other pairs of 11's this year...I want the Forging Irons, but clearly it looks as if Nike is gonna make these come in a regular box and then a special packaging possibly going for 500

Or maybe the release will be like last year's "Pressure" X, where only select retailers received the special case as well as a few lucky recipients who purchased them from NDC?

thats fine, as long as they dont make them super limited to buy in the regular box.. i actually want to wear the shoes and could care less about the box.

Lol people keep posting the black and gold pair as if they are real

Some of yall are bound to pay 200 for fake 11s down the line

Back
Top Bottom