• BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters

This day in NT history....

I became an NT legend!
nthat.gif

brotha I went from copping DBs no problem to not even getting a WTL from NDC....

we all been there....
I ate **** for over a year before I got things down and actually started copping for retail (no bot).

Never will to me, but I hate resellers so..
Quick question before we get back to wtls but what have resellers ever done to have you hate them? Its not that serious (just sneakers) and oftentimes they are the only people willing to put in the work to obtain the sneakers everyone desires.
I disagree with only people to put in work, I know people who research and do everything to cop and still gets screwed come release day. They're just the bigger issue when it comes to buying shoes, no secret they're doing most of the hacking and scripting, you've taken what was once a cool culture to be involved in and made it a fiasco.

I disagree with only people to put in work, I know people who research and do everything to cop and still gets screwed come release day. They're just the bigger issue when it comes to buying shoes, no secret they're doing most of the hacking and scripting, you've taken what was once a cool culture to be involved in and made it a fiasco.
so how does one adapt?

resell sucks on these things ...hopefully i can find a sucker....ahha...if not ill keep it i guess

Never will to me, but I hate resellers so..
Quick question before we get back to wtls but what have resellers ever done to have you hate them? Its not that serious (just sneakers) and oftentimes they are the only people willing to put in the work to obtain the sneakers everyone desires.
please don't take any offense to this, but by work you mean enter numerous raffles with their family members and camp outside of stores correct? I just think that the stigma comes with the fact that a vast majority of resellers that I know and hear of act like they hold a monopoly over every new hyped item every weekend. 

for example, in the plaza that my family's business is in, there is a shop rented out by a boyfriend/girlfriend resell duo. they know that I'm into shoes, so this morning they came in with two WTLs and gave me the whole yadda yadda "we went hard for these, sh*t was crazy, looking to get at least $475-$500 for em" when I blatantly know how they got them lol. they asked me how many I got and what I was planning on doing with them and so forth. 

then we had a small discussion how nike is really hitting the average 2-5 pair a weekend flipper hard with all these high #s........then they had the audacity to be PISSED at Nike for making more shoes, as if nike were creating shoes specifically for people to gobble up and then up charge. Like they're logic made zero sense...you're pissed at nike, for making more shoes, that in turn gives normal working people a higher chance at purchasing the shoe with out giving you a $100 tip 
roll.gif
 I almost had to hit them both with the camron gif in real life right there. it was just super funny to me because I believe only the dude works a real job outside of selling shoes. 

but word, I think the attitude that comes from a lot of resellers it what makes people pissed off and what not.

so how does one adapt?
No one should have to adapt, this isn't environment evolution or survival tactics, things will change when sites start seeking criminal charges for the abusers and the goverment charging resellers tax and classing resell of shoes as an income.

Last edited:

so how does one adapt?
No one should have to adapt, this isn't environment evolution or survival tactics, things will change when sites starting seeking criminal charges for the abusers and charging resellers tax and classing resell of shoes as an income.
yeah I mean paypal prioritizes income based upong gross invoice amounts and not net, so while dudes may have made 5k profit, but sold 20k worth of items, paypal is knocking on ya door with a 1099.

but you'd be surprised at what happens with some of these companies behind the scenes lol....let's just say there is more than a few certain individuals that are highly sought after by a major corporation in conjunction with their misuse and manipulation of many of their systems lmao. This sh*t is a joke to most but there are opportunities for some of these extremely skilled hackers and coders to come through and do some serious data/identity breaches to the more popular sites.

Yup. If ppl don't got time to enter raffles, establish connections or camp out they should pay extra ronaldcinho ronaldcinho . All of that is rime consuming and doesnt come free. Plus, everyone needs a reseller when the shoe they want released years ago or is definitely sold out.

yeah I mean paypal prioritizes income based upong gross invoice amounts and not net, so while dudes may have made 5k profit, but sold 20k worth of items, paypal is knocking on ya door with a 1099.

but you'd be surprised at what happens with some of these companies behind the scenes lol....let's just say there is more than a few certain individuals that are highly sought after by a major corporation in conjunction with their misuse and manipulation of many of their systems lmao. This sh*t is a joke to most but there are opportunities for some of these extremely skilled hackers and coders to come through and do some serious data/identity breaches to the more popular sites.
so you hate resellers?

Yup. If ppl don't got time to enter raffles, establish connections or camp out they should pay extra @ronaldcinho. All of that is rime consuming and doesnt come free. Plus, everyone needs a reseller when the shoe they want released years ago or is definitely sold out.
it's also pretty easy to just buy a mac, a $40 chrome extension and have decent internet to be able to click 3 buttons on saturdays, but to each his own. I really don't see too many resellers with stuff from a while back unless they're vault sellers like corgi, shoezeum or unique hype and so on and so forth...cuz there are definitely very few sellers sitting on old stock like that as opposed to the cop, sell, use that money to cop next week again sellers of today.

regardless, it's everyone's decision to pay what they see fit on a shoe. I personally won't justify it because I know that paying that $75-$300 upcharge 9 times out of ten is me being awake and by my set up for a drop. but that's just me, different stroke for different folks. it's all gucci either way.

Damn right i keep buying reselling is part of the game, if nike wanted to put a dent in it they would. It serves their purposes for hype......free marketing for life from just us talking

Wtf happened to this thread this is why I hate resellers bcuz they come in high and mighty bragging charging premiums bcuz they think its cool, that's why I refuse to pay more than $50 over retail which is basically tax, shipping and fees

In this day and age, Nike could do preorders on every shoe that releases and squash the problem right there.

But they don't ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

People act like this grimy resell make all the money I can mindset is exclusive to sneakers.....this is America the land of greed 

so you hate resellers?
nope. I run my family's business and I understand that when demand outweighs supply in commerce, there will always be a secondary market for sought out items regardless of what said items are.

I hate the attitude of most. I get it. You don't need to keep on messaging me about how these are sold out and how you camped out 7 hours to make $80. I get it lol. there's just this sense of entitlement that a lot have, as though nike made the damn shoes just for the people reselling em lol. I understand they're a necessary evil, and I've sold stuff before but I also work two jobs and don't rely upon $50 profits for my income.

Back
Top Bottom