• Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters

laugh.gif
 People still think the solution is for supply to meet demand so everyone can have a pair? ...damn communists.

Congrats to all who came up today 
smokin.gif
I am far from a communist. Do you only want a pair of shoes because someone else doesn't have them? If so, then that says alot about who you really are. If people want a pair of shoes they should be able to buy them. Nike is trying to keep people hyped about shoes so the thug wannabes and the punks will walk in to the mall and buy all their garbage Nike Dunks and team Jordan crap so they can say "hey bro, I got them new J's or I got dem new Jordan Joints B"

Last edited:
Flipping shoes is flipping shoes but when people start using words like valuable and invest when all they are talking about is $500 shoes it just sounds silly.
Shoes aren't an investment and they are only as valuable as the sneaker community makes them.

They don't have much value in the real world.

Flipping shoes is flipping shoes but when people start using words like valuable and invest when all they are talking about is $500 shoes it just sounds silly.
Shoes aren't an investment and they are only as valuable as the sneaker community makes them.

they're not an investment i agree.. but i'll challenge anyway in here to take $300 an place it in a bank acct... and see how long it takes to make $50 in interest... 

Last edited:
Smh @ people that copped the 11 SE to flip..no different profit than scooping up a pair of retro OG CW J's..except that you're paying more retail. Also for some it's their first XI model and try to hype that it's the best out of the whole XI series..smh

I'd have a closet full of ID's if they didn't take so long to get to me....or if they'd more options for the shoes I actually wouldn't mind ID'ing...

I don't understand this logic... why does it always lead to investing in stocks when someone is talking about flipping shoes? This dude probably knows nothing about the market (I sure as hell don't so I don't come in here knocking peoples hustles) but he knows shoes, and even if he only makes 50 bucks it's a quick 50 that required very little work. I do it when I can, I hate Jordans but I know when an OG color is coming out I can make a quick hundred for a few clicks... why the hell not?
I agree with you 100%....

...but, honestly, I don't really flip sneakers for a quick buck....but I will flip them to get shoes I have wanted for a while/missed out on.

....and it REALLY is nice when you're getting a shoe you badly want, by selling something you don't love for 2x more than you paid.

Last edited:

1: Nope, sneakers aren't stocks...but they are a collectible in the eyes of an ever growing group of folks.  A collectible that becomes more valuable over time, as evidenced by prices guys are now paying for "OG" Air Jordans that aren't even wearable.

2:  I have money.  Wouldn't be buying expensive sneakers on a weekly basis if I didn't.  What I said about selling them "when I fall on hard times"...was just basically somethin' to say.  At some point in the future, I may decide to sell this LBJ XI low to finance something I want more.  When that time comes, it'll be nice to have a shoe to get rid of, that's worth 2x more than what I paid.

3: actually, you're wrong.  There's 3 or 4 pairs of the low SE on ebay in size 13.  A couple with astronomical BIN prices that won't sell...and a couple that're over $400 with plenty of time left.

4:  I don't know.  Ask the dude who called them that on sneakerbardetroit.
meh, if anything they will go down in value, like ALL lebron 11's have..  because the demand for them isnt really there.. nice shoe and all, but not 400 dollars nice

I am far from a communist. Do you only want a pair of shoes because someone else doesn't have them? If so, then that says alot about who you really are. If people want a pair of shoes they should be able to buy them. Nike is trying to keep people hyped about shoes so the thug wannabes and the punks will walk in to the mall and buy all their garbage Nike Dunks and team Jordan crap so they can say "hey bro, I got them new J's or I got dem new Jordan Joints B"
and that says alot about who you really are 
laugh.gif
 stop being so judgemental.

The commie thing was a joke but serious at the same time, there always needs to be separation. If Nike made every dope shoe a GR then stuff would start to sit and that's bad for business... You always want Demand to be higher than supply. 

I don't think he's saying he only wants a shoe if nobody else has it.  ...but, as collectors/enthusiasts/whatever you wanna call guys like us.....we do get a kick outta having shoes that aren't in EVERYONE'S stash.  Breaking out a pair of hard to get kicks does feel pretty cool...and there is a form of satisfaction involved there.

Also, you shouldn't be calling Dunks garbage.  The Dunk SB is a pretty quality shoe for the most part.  Quality varies, greatly, but a lot of them are very well put together...with solid materials.

I collect shoes...and if I like a shoe I feel satisfied pulling it out of the closet. I could care less if some kids or people at the mall compliment me on them. I wear the shoe because I like it or it holds some sentimental value to me. I dont want it because it was hard to get. I don't like dunks or any of those type of shoes. In my opinion they are crappy shoes. I hate the design along with air force ones and all of those. I'm a huge Jordan fan and I hate the Jordan 1's. Everyone has their opinions and shoes they like....I was just stating that people are trying to treat shoes like they are an exotic 1 of 50 Ashton Martin or something. 

1: these ain't stocks

2: if you saved the bread instead of copping these kicks that are "acutally worth some money", you may possibly avoid these hard times you forsee

3: Ebay is refuting your flip logic on these at the moment

4: How are these the welcome homes bruh? Cleveland colors are red and gold?

Nothing personal though, this is just the nature of things now
I don't understand this logic... why does it always lead to investing in stocks when someone is talking about flipping shoes? This dude probably knows nothing about the market (I sure as hell don't so I don't come in here knocking peoples hustles) but he knows shoes, and even if he only makes 50 bucks it's a quick 50 that required very little work. I do it when I can, I hate Jordans but I know when an OG color is coming out I can make a quick hundred for a few clicks... why the hell not?
he said when he falls on hard times, which to me means in the long run. You talking about a quick flip... 2 different scenarios which is why i said these aint stocks.

$50, even times 100, aint saving no one on hard times 

Last edited:

they're not an investment i agree.. but i'll challenge anyway in here to take $300 an place it in a bank acct... and see how long it takes to make $50 in interest... 
Agreed but we're talking mainly about the guys that buy shoes on the premise that they are going to be worth so much down the line.
Some even pay resale in the hopes of making a profit, there's a guy that paid resale on 50 pairs of 2k14s. A couple months ago some would have considered that a smart investment, I just look at it as an expensive scratch off lotto ticket that isn't going to pay off.

The Lebron X Corks in my closet were "worth" $1,000 last year, now if I wanted to sell I'd be lucky to get $750-$800.
All these supposed sneaker values are only worth what someone else is willing to pay for them.

Imo, if all the champ red elites were readily available and no mystique, hype were behind any of them...

10>11>9

The detail on the x championships pot then above the other 2

The differnce in the 3 isn't much imo

It's not so silly when you sell 2 pairs of kicks that set you back about $200-ish...for a pair you missed out on that's currently selling for $500+.

..but I agree that nobody should be buying sneakers, comic books, baseball/football cards (or ANY collectible for that matter) as an actual investment.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom