• Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
per EBAY def for listings:

"DEADSTOCK" means that this particular sneaker is no longer available in stores, stores NO LONGER have them INSTOCK. Which is why the STOCK is DEAD. When stores sell the sneakers in question they have to sell them for a specific retail price, the store can not sell them for more than the suggested retail price unless it is a SNEAKER BUTIQUE which usually sells exclusive or DEADSTOCK sneakers. So when you hear DEADSTOCK used in the proper way, basically means that the sneaker is no longer in stores and that is why the price is higher, or don't miss out on them because they are no longer available in stores, they are "DEADSTOCK"

"DEADSTOCK" now a days has taken on a new meaning to the new generation sneaker-heads. They now use "DEADSTOCK" (I've noticed) in a lot of auction listings to mean: New, unworn in it's original box, in it's original state that it comes when purchased from the store & has never touched the floor.
Back in the day, what term was used to describe unworn shoes if DS meant no longer in stores? (srs question)

"DEADSTOCK" means that this particular sneaker is no longer available in stores, stores NO LONGER have them INSTOCK. Which is why the STOCK is DEAD. When stores sell the sneakers in question they have to sell them for a specific retail price, the store can not sell them for more than the suggested retail price unless it is a SNEAKER BUTIQUE which usually sells exclusive or DEADSTOCK sneakers. So when you hear DEADSTOCK used in the proper way, basically means that the sneaker is no longer in stores and that is why the price is higher, or don't miss out on them because they are no longer available in stores, they are "DEADSTOCK"

"DEADSTOCK" now a days has taken on a new meaning to the new generation sneaker-heads. They now use "DEADSTOCK" (I've noticed) in a lot of auction listings to mean: New, unworn in it's original box, in it's original state that it comes when purchased from the store & has never touched the floor.
so technically.. if my clear sole has never touched the floor.. it is deadstock "looking"?

so technically.. if my clear sole has never touched the floor.. it is deadstock "looking"?
A shoe can't look dead stock...ALL it means is that all retail locations have sold out of said shoe. Nobody anywhere has any stock available. Stock is...DEAD. Has absolutely zero to do with looks/condition of any shoe unless we are talking about the condition of retail availability. IF DS is used "properly"....

I wouldn't say "reliable."  They fluctuate, I've had a bit of experience with them in the past and half the time they came through, the other half I had to cancel the order because they kept delaying the release/ship date, and by that time the shoes had already released in the US and resell was cheaper than them by then.  All depends.  They are good about giving you your money right back, but it's a process to get a refund.  

thanks a lot, i was gonna wait for the wtl preorder but i don't wanna go through the hassle :lol:

This is my first lebron shoes i purchase. The feel,quality, and looks I get at the mall is hilarious. I just wished I got it down size by .5 because it's a lil loose. Can't wait to see how wtls feel on feet

kicks crew's preorders are reliable right?
I wouldn't say "reliable."  They fluctuate, I've had a bit of experience with them in the past and half the time they came through, the other half I had to cancel the order because they kept delaying the release/ship date, and by that time the shoes had already released in the US and resell was cheaper than them by then.  All depends.  They are good about giving you your money right back, but it's a process to get a refund.  

additionally, if the shoe is hype enough, they tend to cancel orders but restock the sizes at higher prices shortly after. youd have to complain to them for them to honor the price. :smh:

A shoe can't look dead stock...ALL it means is that all retail locations have sold out of said shoe. Nobody anywhere has any stock available. Stock is...DEAD. Has absolutely zero to do with looks/condition of any shoe unless we are talking about the condition of retail availability. IF DS is used "properly"....
Its been colloquializede and most people use it as unworn. Ya know like if someone says he kicked the bucket, they usually mean someone died, not someone just kicked a bucket. Most of us know where it comes from, but all of us know how it's used, I don't understand why people try and make this argument...

In other news no %off for my spotted sole kings crowns, but nike is sending a 25 dollar gift card.

additionally, if the shoe is hype enough, they tend to cancel orders but restock the sizes at higher prices shortly after. youd have to complain to them for them to honor the price.
mean.gif

:rofl:

massive bullet dodged there

really wish there was a suede protectant you could apply.... would have had fun with the Lols when you posted the pic.
So are you saying it's not a good idea to use footlocker shoe and boot protector on it? it says it can be used on suede.

DS isn't used properly and hasn't for years now, can we get over the fact that 95% of the sneaker community uses it wrong when you know good and well what their intention is by using the term.

really wish there was a suede protectant you could apply.... would have had fun with the Lols when you posted the pic.
So are you saying it's not a good idea to use footlocker shoe and boot protector on it? it says it can be used on suede.

naw... I have no clue about that part... just wanted to see him wrap the suede in a protectant like mom dukes wrapped the sofas when I was younger :lol:

Back in the day, what term was used to describe unworn shoes if DS meant no longer in stores? (srs question)
same as toys BIN brand new in box, before it became buy it now also BNIB as used now for toys or you could just like you said unworn, never tried on as a description but people have gotten lazy and change terms so that they write less like i said its just a pet peeve but i do understand, not like we've anything else to talk about while we wait for more shoes to release

im sure i could wrap it somehow.. it would just look obvious.. if it was some type of super clear to the eye look.. id be all in..lol

This debate reminds me of people using "literally" incorrectly so much that google and merriam webster changed the definition of it so that it could mean the exact opposite of what it used to mean. A big pet peeve of mine - anyways, carry on.

This debate reminds me of people using "literally" incorrectly so much that google and merriam webster changed the definition of it so that it could mean the exact opposite of what it used to mean. A big pet peeve of mine - anyways, carry on.
i blame the american populace, bots, terms, the death of manual tranmissions in sedans
sick.gif

mean.gif
 nothing is the same lazy people, how many times have people said that a lot of shoe designs are lazy on nike's part
laugh.gif

B, how old are you?

DS has ALWAYS meant never worn. Am I getting this old? My prime sneaker days was when SB's were popping, NEVER have I heard anyone used the term deadstock meaning "no longer in stock" for ANY shoe.

Whats going on nowadays?
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom