Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
Kp are nice shoes......... But I might sell mine now
roll.gif
Just as long as you don't regret it in a month. 
tongue.gif

Kp are nice shoes......... But I might sell mine now :rofl:

As much as I like the XI's the more I think of the fact that Bron doesn't wear them the more I think that they're probably gonna go down in history with a bad rep seeing as though he never wore them :smh: I know sales are great and better than ever but in the long haul the XI model may end up at the bottom of the totem pole from a collector/memorabilia standpoint ...... offing them now might not be such a bad idea for some people :rolleyes

Last edited:
As much as I like the XI's and the more I think of the fact that Bron doesn't wear them they're probably gonna go down in history with a bad rep seeing as though he never wore them :smh: I know sales are great and better than ever but in the long haul the XI model may end up at the bottom from a collector/memorabilia standpoint ......

IMO shoes don't really "go down in history" the way some people claim they do.

It's all about how you personally felt about that shoe or that period of time.

Nobody speaks on Jordan not really playing in the 9's, a lot of ppl love them just the same.

Old shoes are really about nostalgia for me. I remember how I felt when I first got the Jordan 12, Idc about where the sneakerhead community places them.

It's all about how you personally felt about that shoe or that period of time.

Nobody speaks on Jordan not really playing in the 9's, a lot of ppl love them just the same.

I totally agree that one should feel however they want for a shoe for whatever reason they choose but I just think the nostalgia for the XI will be effected due to the lack of him wearing them in the long run.

I also thought about MJ and the models of his kicks from the IX's to the newer stuff he never wore in game and how the love for any of them hasn't really effected most emotions but certain models that he rocked during pivotal moments do hold more weight (Flu Game XII's, Dunk Contest Cement III's, Last Shot XIV's) :rolleyes

All in all if it's hot it's hot I guess but I think it sucks when we look back at highlights of the XI's or the season he three-peated (yea I'm calling it now) it's gonna be him taking his signature shoe off after the first timeout/quarter/half or him sliding to first base in the paint in them :x :lol:

Last edited:
Kp are nice shoes......... But I might sell mine now :rofl:

As much as I like the XI's the more I think of the fact that Bron doesn't wear them the more I think that they're probably gonna go down in history with a bad rep seeing as though he never wore them :smh: I know sales are great and better than ever but in the long haul the XI model may end up at the bottom of the totem pole from a collector/memorabilia standpoint ...... offing them now might not be such a bad idea for some people :rolleyes

Yep I feel like the Jordan IX and X arent as loved as they should be since he didnt really wear them that much

Yep I feel like the Jordan IX and X arent as loved as they should be since he didnt really wear them that much

That may have played a role, but I'd chalk it up to weaker designs more than anything else.

No matter how little he's worn them, the LeBron XI is top three or four all-time on my list. Ten years from now, I doubt anyone will be talking about how little he's worn them. But I bet the KP and GK will still be considered classics and highly sought after.

Last edited:
Personally I could care less what lebron is wearing on court. The XI is a great shoe period. These are my favorite shoes right now. Anyone complaining about him not wearing these to the point they wish they didn't buy them needs to question why they buy kicks in the first place.

I agree about certain models like the Jordan IXs maybe not getting as much love because the player didn't play in them, and I do think it's a shame that Lebron isn't really wearing the XIs since I grew up on wanting certain shoes/colorways because MJ played in them during key moments.

That said, I think the "sneaker culture" is so different now, especially from the 90s, that it doesn't even matter anymore if a player is wearing the shoes or not, as the XIs are clearly proving. I think a lot of people now have more of a collector's mentality about shoes with all colorways that Nike keeps churning out, and a lot of focus has shifted from wanting to wear the shoes that player X is wearing in certain games to collecting different colorways. When you think about it, a lot of the most sought after or popular colorways in Lebron's sig line aren't even ones that he's ever worn on court. Granted, we don't even have access to some of the stuff he does wear cuz he wears so many PEs these days, but I just think people in general have a different attitude now, for better or worse.

People seem to forget that Nike puts out $200+ shoes for Penny Hardaway every year that he's never played in.

Nobody cares that his name is on it or that he's never worn it, the shoe is just judged for what it is.

The idea that Nike is charging $200 because Lebrons name is on it is ridiculous.

Right, I like the kp better than any xi so far but let's face it they aren't a popular model in the streets. I thought the x were ugly and bulky but people still rocked them casually. Those all star 10s were all over this summer and all the exts sold out first day.

I can get any xi except the kp in stores right now. Lebron not wearing them has to have something to do with that.

And wearing them would add to the love, worth, nostalgia factor years down the line. Just imagine if he wore an xi tonight!

Anyways I predict the south beach will save the xi. I'll probably sell my kp for those if I still have them by then....

Back
Top Bottom