Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
The color blocking on SBs could have been done much better....

Blackouts are cool...

With a steep discount

The colorways have been seriously lacking on this model. Got the KP's and might pick up the GK's, but that may be it. :rolleyes

2 dope c/w's on one model not enough?

Anyway, I like the blackouts. I was thinking about doing an ID anyway since JM initially told us we wouldn't be getting one.

I don't really see what's camo about them, I guess we gotta wait for better pics. I hope the swoosh doesn't have too much color to it.

Those SBs are trash by the way.
Soles are camo.

It's a shame fnl did yall dirty on the asg kicks. My orders for the gk and the kd shipped from the warehouse in indy. There was no reason all those orders should have been canceled

Looks like nike finally put a sword through the heart of the SB. I can't imagine that cw doing much at all after that monstrosity tarnishes it's name even further. Sometimes it's best to leave things like the SB alone. They should have NEVER touched it after the original. In my opinion it's done nothing but take away from something that was so special. That's nike for you though... Nothing is sacred .

Looks like nike finally put a sword through the heart of the SB. I can't imagine that cw doing much at all after that monstrosity tarnishes it's name even further. Sometimes it's best to leave things like the SB alone. They should have NEVER touched it after the original. In my opinion it's done nothing but take away from something that was so special. That's nike for you though... Nothing is sacred .

nike has actually done a great job in not retroing the Red Carpet theme (tho I really, really want them to). At the end of the day, the demand for the SB color is just to great for them to ignore. cant really blame them from a business perspective. I mean, they let people make an unlimited amount of SB themed ids and STILL will sell out of the retail SBs when they drop. Wow.

I'm not blaming them from a business perspective, I completely get it. I'm just saying it has severely tarnished the theme... I don't think anyone can deny that. I mean it's been beat into the ground. I think it wouldn't have been AS bad if it hadn't been utilized on more shoes then the LBJ series... But like I said nothing sacred, at the end of the day they are in it for business, and business is good $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

That said I anticipate red carpets much more because the very reason you stated

Last edited:
tatmantall tatmantall - I definitely understand what you are saying and I agree. the bron line still has some gems so im cool with nike just killing 1 color.

Agreed. Seems like certain CW work for this model and others not so much, and it's apparent when they've really forced it on this particular shoe more so than ones of the past . Not nearly as forgiving BUT... When they do smash it it's outta the park. Personally only have the KP and the GK but both were executed very well. There are some other ces of the model that I think were done well too, but them there's the ones that suffer for instance the SB, SLH (really forced would have been much better without honeycomb), and the FI. The first and the last just trying to capitalize on old familiar faces...

I'm personally very pleased with XI. No complaints over here. I love the design of the shoe & the fact that Nike's giving us the best of both worlds with old favorites & new ones as well. For the old favs we have colors like the MN, Christmas, SB, Dunkman, China, SLH, Graffiti, ASG, Denim, BHM just to name a few. For the new we have nice colorways like KP, Floral, Kings Crown, Gamma Blue, AvM, & Prohibition. They've giving us Foamposite on his shoe as well as some real cool graphics throughout the Foam & Hyperfuse. IMO perfect execution by Nike. Some could argue that there's too many colors but I see it more as Nike putting out something for everybody. I don't think there's a lot people in this thread that can truly say they don't at least like ONE of the XI's colorways

Last edited:
I agree with joulze joulze said, Nike has left no stone unturned with XI model. Since those two new colorwways has surfaced it looks like I won't be going after AvM or Diffused Jades unless I find them for a really nice discount now seeing as the SB's look too close to AvM and the DJ's are too close to the BO's. With that said I'll take the South Beaches and Blackouts 8) so out of what's left to drop I'm getting

Denim
King Crown
South Beach
Blackout Camo
Red Elite

Last edited:
Sorry to pic quote.

I really wish they had a nice liner. Also, didn't Nike themselves "make" a SB iD back in October or November (when they were going through a sort of history of Lebron shoes thing)?

It better be a GR. The color way isn't new...like the GK or BHM (which seemed to be the most limited besides the Forging Irons).

Sorry to pic quote.

I really wish they had a nice liner. Also, didn't Nike themselves "make" a SB iD back in October or November (when they were going through a sort of history of Lebron shoes thing)?

It better be a GR. The color way isn't new...like the GK or BHM (which seemed to be the most limited besides the Forging Irons).
A GR better wish upon a star 
laugh.gif

The SB XI looks better than the MV Elite IX IMO. But as someone stated, Nike should've left the SB theme alone after the 8.

With further investigation on my iPad and not my little iPhone screen the SB's have a palm tree leaf type of pattern on the posite :smokin that little detail plus lacelock is gonna make these $250 easy :lol: and the BO pair has a multi shaded liner and bottom plus prism-esque nike checks and it's posite has a satin finish with speckles that will probably put them in the $220 range and I'm pretty sure both will have a limited tag, I just hope neither is on some TLO limited type of stuff :smh:

Last edited:
I agree with joulze joulze said, Nike has left no stone unturned with XI model. Since those two new colorwways has surfaced it looks like I won't be going after AvM or Diffused Jades unless I find them for a really nice discount now seeing as the SB's look too close to AvM and the DJ's are too close to the BO's. With that said I'll take the South Beaches and Blackouts 8) so out of what's left to drop I'm getting

Denim
King Crown
South Beach
Blackout Camo
Red Elite

My final 5 list is very similar to yours lol

Kings Crown
Red Elites
Sb's
Floral
Black Camo

In that order