Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters

Them pics up there
smokin.gif
  makes me feel a little better that i paid  for that pre order, but i'm still not happy about paying what i did 
tired.gif

This years lineup is better than the Houston pack imo, kind of felt Nike was really being lazy squeezing out all that space themed juice they could get. All 3 are dope & for the extra $20 the fact this year they give extra laces & dif packaging is a plus.

my citygear BHM pair should be in today.

cant believe the AS pair is selling for 370 shipped so easily. :smh:

my citygear BHM pair should be in today.

cant believe the AS pair is selling for 370 shipped so easily. :smh:

word. couldnt be me. my wallet isnt built like that lol. 370 on a pair of shoes? thats literally a car note. a nice car at that.

not just that. its just we don't even wait for release date to take the L. we taking the preemptive L.
also, so many shoes are releasing in a short span... cant imagine how a lot of dudes can swing it. I a lot of dudes in here copping brons on the regular and a lot are dropping the full retail too. its like wow.... dudes are really doing it financially. good stuff. I personally am feeling the strain. I think im at that point where im going for these and then im bowing out for a few months.

Wow I just peeped the preorders are still going up when I preordered my Lebron's they where $325 + $19 shipping now they're $350 + $19 & the Kobe ASG's have went up a full $50 now to $375 & that's not even including the + $19 for shipping! I'm glad I already knocked my preorders out & I'd advise anybody debating on rather to preorder or not to do it. At this rate the ASG's are going to be in the $400 by next week!

Wow I just peeped the preorders are still going up when I preordered my Lebron's they where $325 + $19 shipping now they're $350 + $19 & the Kobe ASG's have went up a full $50 now to $375 & that's not even including the + $19 for shipping! I'm glad I already knocked my preorders out & I'd advise anybody debating on rather to preorder or not to do it. At this rate the ASG's are going to be in the $400 by next week!

or.... people could chill on the thirst and just wait for the shoes to release.

The more pictures i see of the BHM's on feet the more feel the need to pick them up... will wait until after the ASG release tho before choose to pull the trigger or not

After selling off a few pairs sitting in my closet, not feeling the MvA/SLH/Jades and seeing initial pics of the elites, striking out on Oregon and DB foams, not to mention every single prelude I wanted with the idea that "it's ok as long as I get the mp 9" only to find out they are also being released prelude style, I've pretty much decided to put all my eggs in one basket. I'm content with my decision to go the pre-order route.

Definitely time for a break after the asg tho. January reminded me what it was like to not spend a dime on shoes and me likey.

not just that. its just we don't even wait for release date to take the L. we taking the preemptive L.
also, so many shoes are releasing in a short span... cant imagine how a lot of dudes can swing it. I a lot of dudes in here copping brons on the regular and a lot are dropping the full retail too. its like wow.... dudes are really doing it financially. good stuff. I personally am feeling the strain. I think im at that point where im going for these and then im bowing out for a few months.
i agree. dudes dont even wanna TRY on release day. retail or bust....cuz retail by itself is too much. and if everyone is preordering at $350... what do you think resale will be driven up to? if everyone refused to pay $350 for preorder, they wouldnt even try you for resale that high. But seeing $350 fly off the shelves lets resellers know they can easily top that price. Yall playing into these resellers hands left and right. Less than a year ago we said $200 was disrespectfully high retail. In this short time 300+ is an acceptable PRE-order and 400+ is acceptable resale? NO SIR!

Can someone explain the desire to pre-order for way over retail to me? I understand the "I don't want to strike out" thing, but it seems like that should only apply if the pre-order is close to retail, or obviously going to be WAY below the market (e.g. if Yeezy II's pre-ordered for $400-500 or something). But for something like the ASG releases, do you really think that you won't be able to get the signature shoes for $100-150 over retail after the release?

People have mentioned it, but all your pre-ordering does is raise the resale price/hype and give someone a completely interest free loan. However if you decide "nah, I'll just wait till release day and let the pre-orders above retail sit," what do you think will happen? If you get lucky on release day, boom, you pay retail and you win. If you strike out, you've now sent the signal to resellers that their over retail presale price may have been too much, so they price their resale price lower. Congratulations, you just saved money, and win again.

But of course that involves someone being a rational and patient human being, and if past releases have taught me anything, many sneakerheads are neither of those things.

BHMs are in the 275 - 315 range right now on eBay.   Seen a legit auction end at around 275 the other day.  $50 (good) to about $80 over retail isn't bad I guess

ASGs will be produce in more numbers than BHM correct ?

I love the interest free loan talk. A 1-14 day interest free loan for $300. What a life changer. :rofl:g:

The real interest free loan is to credit card companies and banks. Your money is instantly withdrawn but takes 1-4 days to post back in your account. Those companies do that to millions of people every day, those are the people making money.

No one is going to take a pre-order and not take money first, if they didn't they would have no obligation to sell to you of the price jumps up, and you would back out the deal if the price went down or you happen to get your own pair.

But even putting money down doesn't secure everything. Best believe anyone who pre-ordered Yeezy's at 400-1000 would never see those pairs. The seller would happily refund them while they sold to someone else for 2-5k. It sucks but that's the world we live in. Not to many people value their word over a dollar.

Back
Top Bottom