Lebron James dunk over John Lucas

In thinking about it, as amazing as bron's dunk was....there are probably 3-4 guys (maybe more) who could possibly pull that off if they were in the same situation. Clearing a 7'2" guy....not so much. Makes you realize how insane VC's dunk actually was. To be clear, i'm not trying to marganilize what Lebron pulled off because it's up there as one of the plays of the season.

grin.gif
it was okay.

I still go with that lob he had in portland, with the cavs. If he would have finish that then
eek.gif

This dunk was way better than the one over Jones. This an oop over another player. An oop. Over another player. I think the dunk over Tim Duncan was better than Damon Jones' one.

Should just make this a "Lebron James' dunk resume, so far" thread.

DoubleJs07:
Ska, i marveled at Bron's athleticism on that lob....much like how i was in awe of d.wade's strength when he destroyed varejao. You're right...none of the other dunks were lobs, but it's hard for any of them to top what vc did to weis.
No one is ever topping that VC dunk.
laugh.gif

just for the hell of it, I'll compare that one with this one:
- John Lucas is a foot and a few inches shorter than Weiss
- Lebron caught Lucas off guard; Vince went straight at Weiss with Weiss looking straight at Vince, preparing for him
- Lucas crouched and ducked down a little bit, while Weiss just barely cocked his head to the side, since he was trying to stand straight up and get knocked over to take a charge

Dudes really trying to downplay LeBron jumping completely over Lucas and grabbing the ball with one hand in the flow of the game?
laugh.gif
I guess y'all really do hate LeBron. The Damon Jones poster was not better than this one.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

DoubleJs07:
Ska, i marveled at Bron's athleticism on that lob....much like how i was in awe of d.wade's strength when he destroyed varejao. You're right...none of the other dunks were lobs, but it's hard for any of them to top what vc did to weis.
No one is ever topping that VC dunk.
laugh.gif

just for the hell of it, I'll compare that one with this one:
- John Lucas is a foot and a few inches shorter than Weiss
- Lebron caught Lucas off guard; Vince went straight at Weiss with Weiss looking straight at Vince, preparing for him
- Lucas crouched and ducked down a little bit, while Weiss just barely cocked his head to the side, since he was trying to stand straight up and get knocked over to take a charge

/

Originally Posted by Executive76

The most impressive part to me was I don't think he even realized Lucas was even there.

The dunk was GREAT, but this is what made the dunk not as impressive as some would make it seem.

Now if he KNEW he was going to jump over Lucas and dunk it that would have been more
eek.gif
... but Lucas at the last second backed up into the absolute worst place at the absolute worst/perfect time after Lebron had already taken off. So all Lebron had to do(not trying to downplay it AT ALL) was spread his legs to clear Lucas.

Great play, but not a top 10 Lebron dunk IMO

Buc Em:
I've seen guys do similar stuff before in person jumping over 5'8-6'0 dudes off lob passes and put-backs in men's league games.
Swear to god, bro? I'm jelly.
laugh.gif
You've seen guys catch a lob in a game and jump over another dude? Yeah, I'm definitely jelly.
laugh.gif

Literally just saw one this past Tuesday. Dude that played with And 1(they call him Big Swole) for a few years jumped over my boy Cam on a lob pass right in front of the hoop. Back when I was a senior in high school in this summer league I was playing against the same dude. I was the only one back on defense and was going up to block what I thought was going to be a layup. Welp....it was a lob off the backboard and the dude from And 1 cleared right over me and ended up right in front of me. I'm 6'0, and the And 1 guy is like 6'6. Thank god we had the last game of the day and not that many people were in the stands. Now this dude can't do #*#% else except jump, but both of those dunks > what Bron did. Believe me, I would know.

30t6p3b.gif
pimp.gif
Thats just not fair

I know the season is only about a quarter done but that will be the dunk of the year. There is no way that there is a better dunk this year

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Dudes really trying to downplay LeBron jumping completely over Lucas and grabbing the ball with one hand in the flow of the game?
laugh.gif
I guess y'all really do hate LeBron. The Damon Jones poster was not better than this one.
I'm a fan of LeBron, but this dunk just wasn't very visually impressive. I understand that it is probably one of the more difficult dunks of all-time, but what I'm seeing doesn't really wow me. He's a crouched over 5'10 guy and they did make contact.

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

It was so unreal, the commentators didn't realize it happened till later. Damn.

Mike Breen is by far the most insufferable commentator on tv, out of the ones who rotate and do various national games.
How are you so wrong about so many things?

Bron has got insane bunnies and displayed them right there but y'all really think this was one of the greatest dunks ever

c'mon

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Buc Em:
I've seen guys do similar stuff before in person jumping over 5'8-6'0 dudes off lob passes and put-backs in men's league games.
laugh.gif
You've seen guys catch a lob in a game and jump over another dude? Yeah, I'm definitely jelly.
laugh.gif

Literally just saw one this past Tuesday. Dude that played with And 1(they call him Big Swole) for a few years jumped over my boy Cam on a lob pass right in front of the hoop. Back when I was a senior in high school in this summer league I was playing against the same dude. I was the only one back on defense and was going up to block what I thought was going to be a layup. Welp....it was a lob off the backboard and the dude from And 1 cleared right over me and ended up right in front of me. I'm 6'0, and the And 1 guy is like 6'6. Thank god we had the last game of the day and not that many people were in the stands. Now this dude can't do *%#! else except jump, but both of those dunks > what Bron did. Believe me, I would know.

Word? I played with Big Swole before too. Dude came to the YMCA in the Open Run pregame selection and was dunking in fuzzy slippers. Springs was dunking from the ft line and between the legs with jeans, hoody, chain, and lowtop AF1s on.. high, and with no warmup. I got called for the dumbest traveling violation in the exhibition game we played at the coliseum too. For one, you never call traveling in that type of game and there had already been multiple uncalled, but secondly I didn't travel. I had my back to Swole like I was going to post him up and holding the ball palmed far out of his reach and he pushed me so I put the ball down and reverse pivoted to face up and the ref called a travel. Everyone was like what the freak?! I got that entire game saved on my Vimeo account somewhere

WOW.................................

It sucks being short.... It's even worse in the NBA if you are not paying attention

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Originally Posted by Buc Em

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Literally just saw one this past Tuesday. Dude that played with And 1(they call him Big Swole) for a few years jumped over my boy Cam on a lob pass right in front of the hoop. Back when I was a senior in high school in this summer league I was playing against the same dude. I was the only one back on defense and was going up to block what I thought was going to be a layup. Welp....it was a lob off the backboard and the dude from And 1 cleared right over me and ended up right in front of me. I'm 6'0, and the And 1 guy is like 6'6. Thank god we had the last game of the day and not that many people were in the stands. Now this dude can't do *%#! else except jump, but both of those dunks > what Bron did. Believe me, I would know.

Word? I played with Big Swole before too. Dude came to the YMCA in the Open Run pregame selection and was dunking in fuzzy slippers. Springs was dunking from the ft line and between the legs with jeans, hoody, chain, and lowtop AF1s on.. high, and with no warmup. I got called for the dumbest traveling violation in the exhibition game we played at the coliseum too. For one, you never call traveling in that type of game and there had already been multiple uncalled, but secondly I didn't travel. I had my back to Swole like I was going to post him up and holding the ball palmed far out of his reach and he pushed me so I put the ball down and reverse pivoted to face up and the ref called a travel. Everyone was like what the freak?! I got that entire game saved on my Vimeo account somewhere

Small world. He's playing in the league I'm playing in right now. He wanted to pick up on my team but a couple of the dudes on my team didn't want him 
indifferent.gif
. It would have been Lob City in that $%#!!.

Yea. Funny I was thinking about posting some type of ducktales gif or response at the idea kats in your league are just jumping over dudes on the regular, but if dudes like him are in it I'm believin. Swoal damn near broke the rim on this big white dude on our team (who played for Kansas State, name totally escapes me right now), got well over him but just backironed the dunk and left the whole rim, shotclock, backboard, everything shaking. Matter of fact, no ducktales here either. I'm in the game right here, #55.

Ty blocks Werm and Swoal above the rim by bigdawgdl

Back
Top Bottom