Lebron James dunk over John Lucas

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Originally Posted by What up

John Lucas is 5'10 though and he was turning his back

laugh.gif
 This guy.

Kobe dunk over Nash who can't be over 5'10" himself and Nash was flopping to take the charge and every Laker stan was in here touching himself.
What does Kobe has to do with this ?
laugh.gif
How come every time someone mention Lebron somehow Kobe end up in the argument ?
laugh.gif
Because it's obvious why you need to add a negative comment about Lebron every single chance you get.  
And I'm not even a Lebron apologist.  

The dunk was impressive - let people enjoy it without discrediting the dunk/the player.  Obviously you're in the minority. 

ACBboyz84:
It was a sick dunk but yall get impressed too easy . Lucas is 5'10 , has his back turned the whole time and he was ducking his head when Lebron was airborne .

Ricky Davis over Nash was more impressive than this
I admit, I do get a little giddy and go overboard every time I see a player jump over another NBA basketball player and catch a one handed lob. I'm weird like that.

C'mon, man… I bet like 90% of us in this forum play basketball. I know I do. Some of us played in HS, some fooled around in college a little bit, a few have actually played D1, but nearly every single one of us puts in LOOOONG hours on basketball courts. And this dunk right here is nowhere near as normal as you're making it sound.
laugh.gif
I'm actually seeing someone dunk over another man in person. Twice indoors and once outside. But catching a lob with one hand while dunking over someone? Listen, my son is 4 years old, and I don't care if somebody jumped over him and caught it with a one-handed lob; I'd give them props.

I'm thoroughly convinced that the reason y'all are so quiet and "Meh, whatever" is because of who dunked it.
laugh.gif
Bunch of "Kim K's thumbnails are too long; easy pass for me" type mofos.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

roll.gif
@ the edit.

Really though, most impressive dunk I've seen.

Rose's dunk on Dragic was really up there for me, but this just makes me shiver. I can appreciate talent, and goddamn, that dude has a ton of it.

The thing I love is LeBron straight jumped OVER him. OVER. He didn't even graze him. Those other ones, not only do they have the ball prior to going up, but they ride their scrotum all over the dudes head. That's not classy, that's raw.

I don't care if that was my 10 year old cousin, getting that high up for an alley-oop...
sick.gif
Frederic Weiss is 7'2" tho

*Not even the best dunk in Heat history.  That, IMO, goes to D.Wade for making Varajao roll on the ground like sonic the hedgehog.

I agree
pimp.gif
Also funniest moment in NBA history to me.

I swear most of yall probably never dunk a basketball ball .

Lebron is 6'9 with a 40 inch vert. John Lucas 5'10 with his back turned the whole time plus he was ducking his head down

Lebron dunk over Damon Jones is way more impressive than this

over Damon Jones? Not even close. Damon is what, maybe 6'2 180 trying to contest LeBron in the air. That was light work.

Have you ever dunked? Because I have dunked on a kat before where we collided in the air, somewhat disguarded him with the off arm, and dunked it. I have never jumped smooth over someone's head to dunk before.

How much of that 7'2'' was he at when VC had his nutbag on the top of his skull?

We've never seen someone clearly jump over someone like that. At least I haven't.

The deserved fawning over this dunk makes me realize just how ill Vince's dunk in the Olympics really was though...I mean Fredric Weis is a foot plus on JL III
eek.gif
When LeBron makes these plays is doesnt even fase me anymore
eyes.gif

I swear most of yall probably never dunk a basketball ball .

Lebron is 6'9 with a 40 inch vert. John Lucas 5'10 with his back turned the whole time plus he was ducking his head down

Lebron dunk over Damon Jones is way more impressive than this

Everything here. 
Tmac's ballsack-sliding dunk over Shawn > this amateur dunk

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Watching is live I didn't even understand what I had just watched... It took me seeing it 3 more times to fully grasp how BASED bron really was.
This all the way. I didn't realize he jumped over him until he said it and then I had to process it in my head for a while on some basic mathematics isht. 1 Bron + 1 John Lucas + 1 Alley Oop + 1 clean finish = 4 real tho Bron? Like really? 
sick.gif
eek.gif
sick.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

How much of that 7'2'' was he at when VC had his nutbag on the top of his skull?

We've never seen someone clearly jump over someone like that. At least I haven't.

Observation: this is the 2nd time in this thread you've mentioned someone's balls/nutbag.  Maybe you're too aware of other men's genitals?
Edit: Wow, now the count is 3.

We've seen guys drag their manhood all over another man.

But have we ever seen someone jump over someone?

That's all I really have to bring to the argument. Regardless, I love this dunk.

Originally Posted by What up

John Lucas is 5'10 though and he was turning his back

laugh.gif
 This guy.

Kobe dunk over Nash who can't be over 5'10" himself and Nash was flopping to take the charge and every Laker stan was in here touching himself.

Steve Nash is 6'3 dummy.
I've seen guys do similar stuff before in person jumping over 5'8-6'0 dudes off lob passes and put-backs in men's league games. But obviously because it's a nationally televised NBA game with LeBron doing it everybody's going to label it as "the greatest dunk man has ever done." Obviously it's a great athletic play and LeBron is 90 times more skilled than the really athletic dudes playing in your local rec center, but chill with the "most spectacular play ever" labels.

The line between sarcasm and truth is blurred in this thread, but the dunk was impressive as hell. It ain't fair what Lebron does.

6'3"???????

Must be true if its in the media guide, right?

I've stood next to the man. Even with his floppy hair, he's nowhere near 6'3".

It seems to me that the short dude tried to inadvertently undercut Lebron once he was in the air. This is an optical illusion. This does not mean Lebron can't jump over people though. 

DoubleJs07:
Not even the best dunk in Heat history.  That, IMO, goes to D.Wade for making Varajao roll on the ground like sonic the hedgehog.
To me, that was a straight up 'on you' dunk, made even more memorable by Varajao's reaction.
laugh.gif
Like with Scottie over Ewing and stepping over him afterwords, and Kemp on whoever that was that he pointed at afterwords… those were still just (and I use the word 'just' loosely) straight up, 'in the air, man in the way' dunks 'on' another guy.

This is in the 'over a guy' category. Off the top, in that category, I got (not in order) VC over Weiss (best dunk ever), Kobe over Nash, Davis over Nash, and Kobe over Howard. You mentioned Von Wafer over Kirk Snyder, but I haven't seen that. Now out of all these, how many were lobs?

Ska, i marveled at Bron's athleticism on that lob....much like how i was in awe of d.wade's strength when he destroyed varejao. You're right...none of the other dunks were lobs, but it's hard for any of them to top what vc did to weis.

::Tempted to gravedig the LeBron NFL thread::

LeBron's timing, speed, explosion, vertical, hand-eye coordination....just wow. He would make Jimmy Graham look like, well, John Lucas III.

Buc Em:
I've seen guys do similar stuff before in person jumping over 5'8-6'0 dudes off lob passes and put-backs in men's league games.
Swear to god, bro? I'm jelly.
laugh.gif
You've seen guys catch a lob in a game and jump over another dude? Yeah, I'm definitely jelly.
laugh.gif

As much as I hate Lebron, that dunk was
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
. It literally was like watching something from NBA Jam!

I feel so bad for John Lucas, hopefully he doesn't develop a complex from this. there's no way to save face when someone jumps completely over you for a dunk
tired.gif

airmaxpenny1:
The deserved fawning over this dunk makes me realize just how ill Vince's dunk in the Olympics really was though...I mean Fredric Weis is a foot plus on JL III
eek.gif

Completely agree. The fact that VC dribbled straight towards Weiss, sized him up, saw Weiss stand up for the charge, and actually made the decision "F it, I'm going over you," is absurd.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

airmaxpenny1:
eek.gif
Completely agree. The fact that VC dribbled straight towards Weiss, sized him up, saw Weiss stand up for the charge, and actually made the decision "F it, I'm going over you," is absurd.

I agree. However, I regret to inform you that I have reported you for profanity. It is against the Niketalk Rules of Conduct. Allow me to direct you to the Rules Of Conduct which we all abide by, located at http://niketalk.com/topic/268481?page=-1

Rule is as follows
2. Swearing is unacceptable. Partially edited profanity such as "$*!", "#*!!+", "beyotch", "***", "f--k" and "di**" is also unacceptable. Attempting to circumvent this rule using abbreviations, acronyms, or other obvious representations of prohibited language will not be tolerated and will result in administrative action. Other restrictions may be made according to context. If you are unsure if a word is appropriate, DO NOT USE IT.

Stand corrected

Back
Top Bottom