Leaving America for Overseas

Does anyone here in America not have a solid job and is above 25 yrs old and I'm 27 yrs old and my living situations forced me to quit certain jobs and I'm thinking about leaving America and starting my life over across the water and try my luck over there. Is anyone overseas now? thinking about it? not living up to their expectations or etc??

laugh.gif

If you can't make it work in America, you can't make it elsewhere.

Good luck.

I don't have a degree. I have an associates degree and ever since I broke up with my shorty my mind and my life hasnt been on the same road to wellness.

Originally Posted by Fox5Kobe

I don't have a degree. I have an associates degree and ever since I broke up with my shorty my mind and my life hasnt been on the same road to wellness.
It really depends on what industry you want to be in. If there is a need you, can succeed.

If I never got married I would of left the country also. 

Join the military and youll travle at there expense and you get free education. BUT CHOOSE AN OCCUPAtION wisely.

Originally Posted by Prada G

laugh.gif

If you can't make it work in America, you can't make it elsewhere.

Good luck.
Not if you're American.

This kind of idea is not that unusual given so many foreigners (use to) come here for a better life and given the way things are now a better life may be attainable abroad. If you play it smart you'll find success/happiness OP.

If you do it, make sure you keep us updated.
I'm really interested in life outside of the country.

Originally Posted by Midnight Hype

Join the military and youll travle at there expense and you get free education. BUT CHOOSE AN OCCUPAtION wisely.
None of this
I mean the military has served me just fine, but 9/10 your in the worst places on earth.  My last deployment we hit Kuwait for a month, Jordan for a month, Oman for a month, Saudi Arabia for a month...and in between we hit Dubai, Australia and Thailand for 2 days at a time...not worth it broseph

But back to the topic, I REALLY want to move to Africa or Barbados, but I have no idea what I would do for work/money when I get there

Originally Posted by solarius49

None of this
I mean the military has served me just fine, but 9/10 your in the worst places on earth.  My last deployment we hit Kuwait for a month, Jordan for a month, Oman for a month, Saudi Arabia for a month...and in between we hit Dubai, Australia and Thailand for 2 days at a time...not worth it broseph

But back to the topic, I REALLY want to move to Africa or Barbados, but I have no idea what I would do for work/money when I get there

Yeah but how long did you sign up for the military? I heard thats how it is when you first get in ... or is this sporadic and you get shipped out for stays like this off and on .

I want to move outside of the U.S. when my daughter finishes school. Not looking for work or opportunity, but just to experience other cultures. I would work as a dishwasher or do any odd jobs just to live in Italy, Spain, Africa, Asia, or anywhere else. I really would like to be a nomad, just for the experience

None of this

Yeah but how long did you sign up for the military? I heard thats how it is when you first get in ... or is this sporadic and you get shipped out for stays like this off and on .
I've been in for 4 years.  And thats how it is for pretty much most jobs, except the air force from what ive heard.  We were gone for a total of 7 months and we hit all of those places during that deployment....btw the beaches/malls/women/cars/buildings in Dubai are the illest

One thing I can say as far as the military goes is that in the Marines after your 1st enlistement you have the option to go to MSG, which are Marine Security Guards. Basically you will get send a a foreign country and be the guard at the embassy. Everybody i know who did it says that its a great life

None of this

I've been in for 4 years.  And thats how it is for pretty much most jobs, except the air force from what ive heard.  We were gone for a total of 7 months and we hit all of those places during that deployment....btw the beaches/malls/women/cars/buildings in Dubai are the illest

I bet you enjoy that money from those deployments.

None of this

I bet you enjoy that money u made(cha ching ching) from those deployments.

it was alright, but the only big money to be made is if you're married, those guys got PAID

How old were you when you joined the military?
22, i know guys who joined at 26, one of my homies joined at 31.  It wasnt a bad decision, it def helped me change my life

Back
Top Bottom