Leaked audio of Donald Sterling telling his girlfriend "Don't bring black people to my games"

It upsets me that this might cost the clippers the series. Especially, when they have a chance at the title this year. :smh:

The burden shouldn't just only be on the Clippers players. At the very least, it should be on the Warriors players as well. Both teams should come to an agreement to not play the rest of the games until it is resolved.

You can't tell the Clips to put their lifelong dreams of being NBA Champions aside and tank/forfeit games.

Also, in an ideal world, the fans of both teams should boycott the games, but not too many of them are concerned with the matter or directly affected by it to not watch such a good series.

Why cant you tell them to do this? Isnt this the whole point of sacrifice for the greater good? To show that your dignity is worth more than winning a championship?

Also if the players stopped playing then there would be nothing for the fans to watch which would help the cause of punishing Sterling.

Why cant you tell them to do this? Isnt this the whole point of sacrifice for the greater good? To show that your dignity is worth more than winning a championship?

Also if the players stopped playing then there would be nothing for the fans to watch which would help the cause of punishing Sterling.

But don't you think that in some weird way, the Racist bastard still won? Something all players have been training for, dreaming of their whole lives and they throw it away because some racist stirred things up. This could be the only chance from Cp3, Blake, and crew to win a Chip. Sports and the NBA can be very complicated, nothing is gauranteed, Karl, Charles, or Webber know all about that.

And I highly doubt that the NBA would fine/suspend both the Clips and the Warriors if they both decided to boycott the games. That would lead to even worse backlash from the public on the NBA product.

I also agree that fans should be held equally accountable, but it's much easier to get 12 players to agree then tens of thousands to agree. I'm just upset because like stated their is no other risk outside of money.

This sin't a guy living check to check at a company who may risk losing equal employment for some time... these are millionaires who's strike would honestly last no more than a few days max

I do agree with you but I would say that Fans are just followers of the team. If the team plays the fans will follow. If you want the fans to do something the statement has to come from the team. If the team put out a press release saying that there not going play the game than as fans they will follow if it's a just cause. IMO it would make no sense for the fans not to come if there team is playing. The fans will support the team through thick and thin therefore the team needs to take the lead.

But don't you think that in some weird way, the Racist bastard still won? Something all players have been training for, dreaming of their whole lives and they throw it away because some racist stirred things up. This could be the only chance from Cp3, Blake, and crew to win a Chip. Sports and the NBA can be very complicated, nothing is gauranteed, Karl, Charles, or Webber know all about that.

And I highly doubt that the NBA would fine/suspend both the Clips and the Warriors if they both decided to boycott the games. That would lead to even worse backlash from the public on the NBA product.

I dont know the ins and outs of the NBA but im thinking if sterling is forced out, wouldnt someone be able to take his place and then business as usual? I dont want the team to suffer but Sterling needs to be punished.

Truthfully Sterling isn't going to be "punished" at all... He's obviously doesn't care about his players & damn sure doesn't care about winning basketball games, this was a business investment for him & at the end of it he's said to make anywhere btwn 300-500 Million in profits off of this team. Not to mention all those people in the "culture" he talks about aren't going to look at him any different. his life won't be affected and personally i could give two ***** less about his personal loss.

I just want someone to take a stand and let people know that this isn't always about money over respect & dignity. This mentality directly ties into situations that go on Across America. For blk or white people will deal with mostly anything if the money is right and it sickens me, because a lil coordination and togetherness this problem would go from hot 2 week story, to a HUGE Social conflict, simply using this platform to speak on injustice and shoving racial conflict directly in Americas face would make more history for anyone on this Clippers squad than winning a ring.

Hell in the land that we live in i'm pretty sure taking a public stand in this situation would actually monetarily benefit those players also (Since money is this huge issue). this is one of the rare instances where it isn't speculation, it isn't here say or "I Felt" it's a 100% unfiltered disgust towards another race, It's nearly impossible for even the slimiest of dudes on fox News to flip this into something else.

endorsers would benefit picking you up & you would probably be looked at as a hero for speaking up and in all of this you still decide to stay quiet?. Flip out a warm up Jersey to take it off moments later & have the same Logo plastered Across your chest?

This is one of the few positions where an Athlete has almost nothing to lose by speaking their mind and they are still quiet it's simply disheartening at this point.

Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA 2m

TMZ reports that the NBA will suspend Donald Sterling indefinitely and fine him $5 million. He won't be forced to sell team.

The protest by the Clippers = joke.

Any similar silent protest = joke.

In my opinion, people are making too big a deal of this, CONSIDERING HOW MUCH OTHER **** DONALD STERLING HAS DONE THAT IS FAR WORSE.

It's like Bomani Jones said. People are just latching on to this one because it's easy and convenient. People don't care about racism for real. People just like to talk to hear their own voices/type to see their own words.

MZ reports that the NBA will suspend Donald Sterling indefinitely and fine him $5 million. He won't be forced to sell team.

Net Worth - $1.9 B's.

:smh: = My Face

:rofl: = Sterling ... at all of us.

Last edited:
If true :stoneface:

I wasn't expecting that.

Now is the time for the Clippers, Warriors, and the rest of the NBA to take up a stand. But then again, we're putting up too much hope in a bunch of multi-millionaire ATHLETES.

TO the one guy stated above " this situation could be used as a platform to start a whole social conflict, to speak of injustice and racism and America" Lettuce be cereal, do you think Lebron and Carmelo and CP3 are going to talk about improving Chi-Raq and other ill supported neighborhoods? If they haven't started before, they're not going to start now.

Last edited:
TMZ:Commissioner Adam Silver had a forensic expert review the recording and found no evidence it was altered and confirmed Sterling's voice

TMZ: We're told the suspension does NOT include members of Sterling's immediate family,but the NBA will have approval on who is running team

If thats the fine and punishment...

PLAYERS SHOULD NOT SUIT UP TONIGHT

First of all, it's a little late for that. The men known as the Los Angeles Clippers know who they're employed by. Too late to be Monday Morning Muhammad Ali.

Second, none of these NBA dudes are built like that. Zero.

But you know who might have done it.

Chris Jackson.

Back
Top Bottom