Leaked audio of Donald Sterling telling his girlfriend "Don't bring black people to my games"

Sterling just sounds crazy and insecure. He told his side piece that she could **** Magic Johnson, but not take pictures of him. Also, funny how he said he wanted her to be a delicate white woman or latina, nothing about her looks white. But I think that not only should the NBA be questioned based on them knowing his past, but also the NAACP giving him a lifetime achievement award; even though we know what had to be behind that...$$$$.

Interesting article I found about Sterling interviewing Rollie Massimino for the head coach job for Clippers back in the 80s 

http://www.jeffpearlman.com/the-eccentric-donald-sterling/

I just can't compare what happened during the civil rights movement to this situation at hand. Two different times, different mindframes, different situations, IMO.

So, how do you learn from the past? The past is suppose to gauge the actions of the future. What we should have learned from the civil right movement is that if we band together we can get things done. That's why earlier in this thread I mentioned rosa parks. That was an isloated event that black people chose changed the future. I see this current event can be somewhat the same. So I can tell the young kids that this is how you stand up for your rights. So far I can't do that. Do you know how cool it would have been if every (black) player sat out their game. Just to demonstrate that they are united. Do you know what kind of message that would have taught the younger generation. That's just a pipe dream tho.

We've become so "status quo" and "by the book" it's hard for me to envision a bunch of millionaires taking a stand to demonstrate they're united similar to the civil rights movement. Once the Clippers came out with their jerseys inside out I already knew green trumped black in this case. Hopefully those thoughts change this afternoon and during tonights game, but like you said it's just a pipe dream at the moment.

Good quote from Kareem's article ..

"I hope the Clippers realize that the ramblings of an 80-year-old man jealous of his young girlfriend don’t define who they are as individual players or as a team. They aren’t playing for Sterling—they’re playing for themselves, for the fans, for showing the world that neither basketball, nor our American ideals, are defined by a few pathetic men or women."

I have an idea of who "they" are. The people who call Sterling about his GF black associations.
:nerd:

People trip me out with the taking up for sterling due to his private conversation being leaked. Where was the uproar about tigers leaked voicemail to that cocktail waitress ending up on national tv, or Lewinsky's phone conversations about her relationship with Clinton being recorded without her knowledge. And to those who say he was baited, he clearly says in the audio that they've had this conversation before about her posting pictures with blacks, this time she happened to record it. Long story short, if you're living foul, it's only a matter of time before it catches up to you.

Doc knows he can't win with this team so he's gonna opt out using the race card. Calm your juices everyone, I'm joking. I never liked Doc but i respect the man for speaking out. The fact that he's saying he wont return if Sterling is still the owner is letting us know that the Clipper players do NOT want to play for him anymore.

The commissioner needs to terminate the LA Clippers and let all the players become free agents and choose where they want to play. I'm pretty sure CP3 and Blake will get the same amount of money.

Im praying all of this goes down just so those stupid Clipper player banners will no longer be up in Staple center.

Go Lakers!

worst he'll get is a fine
pathetic players protest
makes African Americans in the NBA look like a bunch of boys
i cant really expect brothers to come together and do something great, African americans have been beaten to the point beyond repair

Last edited:
pathetic players protest
i cant really expect brothers to come together and do something great, African americans have been beaten to the point beyond repair

We can be repiared. We truely can but our parents has taught us to be scared (The 80s babys). To live life without ruffling feathers and depend on the gov't to fix issues. It's even worst for the current generation as they think we live in a post racist society. We just need something, an event to band us together. During the civil right movement, it was the police kicking the living hell out of us. I think it can be done we just need to start small and start getting around like minded people. IMO.

Doc knows he can't win with this team so he's gonna opt out using the race card. Calm your juices everyone, I'm joking. I never liked Doc but i respect the man for speaking out. The fact that he's saying he wont return if Sterling is still the owner is letting us know that the Clipper players do NOT want to play for him anymore.

The commissioner needs to terminate the LA Clippers and let all the players become free agents and choose where they want to play. I'm pretty sure CP3 and Blake will get the same amount of money.

Im praying all of this goes down just so those stupid Clipper player banners will no longer be up in Staple center.

Go Lakers!
If the racism was as prevalent as everyone says it was with Sterling, Doc knew before this whole fiasco. How can he respect himself for signing a big contract with him in the first place?

He essentially sold his soul to play for a known bigot and disgusting human.

It's like Splinter left the Turtles when they got old and is now in cahoots with Krang.

pathetic players protest

If a fine is all that happens to him so be it. Let the players opt out and go elsewhere. Better yet, just let the lakers absorb their contracts and send all of their bums packing. Nobody goes anywhere, except those scrubs from the lakers.

Bomani spit that real.....I know social media isn't what it was when that housing discrimination **** went down but he should've got pressured to sale then 

If the racism was as prevalent as everyone says it was with Sterling, Doc knew before this whole fiasco. How can he respect himself for signing a big contract with him in the first place?

He essentially sold his soul to play for a known bigot and disgusting human.

It's like Splinter left the Turtles when they got old and is now in cahoots with Krang.

Bite your tongue! Splinter would never do that!!! Never!!!

Bomani spit that real.....I know social media isn't what it was when that housing discrimination **** went down but he should've got pressured to sale then 
Exactly.That matter was wayyyy more consequential then this crap, and nobody cared.

Shows how useless our media is. They elevated the importance of these talking heads, but they aren't focusing on the right ****.

Back
Top Bottom