[::LAKERS vs. NUGGETS GAME 7 Thread | SATURDAY 7:30pm TNT | Win or Stay Home::]

Originally Posted by mogzz04

Lot's of Thunder talk in here u would think the lakers have wrapped up the nuggets series already
30t6p3b.gif

exactly, if the lakers play the thunder the way they have been playing past 2 games, then i see OKC taking it no problem, seem like game 4 was blue print for thunder on how to stop bynum. It can go either way. Lakers can do it but sometimes they just dont show up....

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Boss surprised me with tickets to the game tonight 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'll be there section 118

Hopefully we can close it out!

Whose your boss and where do you work?
eek.gif

I was excited last Friday cause our boss got us a Taco Truck for lunch...but Lakers tickets..wow
smokin.gif

Have fun!

Originally Posted by mrdieselfuel09

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

eek.gif

I was excited last Friday cause our boss got us a Taco Truck for lunch...but Lakers tickets..wow
smokin.gif

Have fun!

laugh.gif

Let's close it out tonight so we can heal up.

Originally Posted by mrdieselfuel09

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

eek.gif

smokin.gif

Have fun!

I work for a video game development studio. Apparently, our office head is contemplating buying these as season seats for next year. No matter what I'm going to tell him to do it just so I have access to them next year
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ohboydanny

^ Series is over son, don't play yourself just for the sake of saying the right thing. There's no way that this Denver team will be able to pull off 3 wins in a row with two of those games being in LA.

Originally Posted by MeloManFan

Originally Posted by sorianotron

for all the scared #*@*$% in here talking bout "I dont think were going to beat OKC" "OKC going to run all over us".......go throw on a god damn OKC jersey on your way to church.
eyes.gif
tired.gif

Have faith in your team, or jump the $+!% off the ship....

with that being said....

Blake
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 cold or not, keep shooting that thing maine

2igge4j.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 Lakers got this

smokin.gif
smokin.gif
I'm a Lakers fans but OKC got this
frown.gif

I just don't see how we can beat OKC 4 times. Unless one of their big three goes down with a season ending injury

KenJi714:
I just don't see how we can beat OKC 4 times. Unless one of their big three goes down with a season ending injury
Even though we're still playing the Nuggets, I'll entertain this for a second; look at the starting SF positions of the 2010 Finals. If Ron makes KD work as hard as he made Pierce work, that will do WONDERS in disrupting their offense.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

KenJi714:
Even though we're still playing the Nuggets, I'll entertain this for a second; look at the starting SF positions of the 2010 Finals. If Ron makes KD work as hard as he made Pierce work, that will do WONDERS in disrupting their offense.

I kind of agree, but only on the 'defensive' aspect.  If I were BROWN, I would use KOBE and ARTEST on the DEFENSIVE END.  The key to beating OKC is to slow them down and shut down KD, RUSSELL and HARDIN.  Who has the speed though?

OKC's bigs are no match for LA, but KOBE's energy will be needed offensively to keep the inside open.

A lot of macho posts again, but DENVER isn't done until they are done!

I don't see how we take OKC either.  Our struggle offense < Their struggle offense.  Our normal offense < Their normal offense. 

They have what Denver does not, a closer, a secondary closer, and a third closer.  Basically, they can close, Denver can not. 

Althought I am glad Denver is running a lot on us, and McGee can be like preparing for Ibalka, Denver can't get us ready for KD, Russ, or Harden. 
ohwell.gif

IF Bynum can destroy, and I mean destroy Perk, Pau can be solid vs Ibalka, and Sessions can be decent enough, we need a bunch of Russ 2-20's to get the wins needed.  If we win tonight, we could be giving away game 1 with no Ron, unless Ebanks and Barnes really tap into something miraculous, so we'd be down a game, need to re-insert Ron, hope he's on point, steal a game 2 or then we have to hope for winning 4 out of the next 5. 
sick.gif
  Not the best way to approach a series.  Been done before, but to steal from the Laker Twitter guy, not ideal. 

And every one of us knows for a fact that Fisher is going to dagger us at least once.  Let's be real.  Might as well type it up on his Wiki ahead of time. 

Bynum/Pau/Hill having a MONSTER series could go a long ways tho.  Having Ron back would mean a little bit fewer minutes of Blake, and really, if we go Ron/Barnes AND Ebanks on KD, that is a lot of looks, lot of fouls to use to maybe Jordan Rules him (ie, beat the hell out of him) and hope that Russ is sucking, which leaves only Harden to kill us.  That would be my game plan.  Risky, ton of free throws for a great free throw shooting team, but if you wear down their best guy with 3 tough physical guys, and have a clear edge inside the paint, give yourself a shot.  Just need to pray for bad Russ. 

All that said, Beat Denver tonight, so we don't prolong this series and waste even more time while OKC watches our every move and prepares for us with fresh legs.  Get this done.  TONIGHT. 

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

I kind of agree, but only on the 'defensive' aspect.  If I were BROWN, I would use KOBE and ARTEST on the DEFENSIVE END.  The key to beating OKC is to slow them down and shut down KD, RUSSELL and HARDIN.  Who has the speed though?

OKC's bigs are no match for LA, but KOBE's energy will be needed offensively to keep the inside open.

Kobe guards Russ in that series.  He may match up every once in a while on KD, but for the series he'll play Russ mostly. 

If we get lucky enough to see Fish on the court vs Sessions, every single play better be clear outs for Sesh.  Every, Single, One. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

I don't see how we take OKC either.  Our struggle offense < Their struggle offense.  Our normal offense < Their normal offense. 

They have what Denver does not, a closer, a secondary closer, and a third closer.  Basically, they can close, Denver can not. 

Althought I am glad Denver is running a lot on us, and McGee can be like preparing for Ibalka, Denver can't get us ready for KD, Russ, or Harden. 
ohwell.gif

IF Bynum can destroy, and I mean destroy Perk, Pau can be solid vs Ibalka, and Sessions can be decent enough, we need a bunch of Russ 2-20's to get the wins needed.  If we win tonight, we could be giving away game 1 with no Ron, unless Ebanks and Barnes really tap into something miraculous, so we'd be down a game, need to re-insert Ron, hope he's on point, steal a game 2 or then we have to hope for winning 4 out of the next 5. 
sick.gif
  Not the best way to approach a series.  Been done before, but to steal from the Laker Twitter guy, not ideal. 

And every one of us knows for a fact that Fisher is going to dagger us at least once.  Let's be real.  Might as well type it up on his Wiki ahead of time. 

Bynum/Pau/Hill having a MONSTER series could go a long ways tho.  Having Ron back would mean a little bit fewer minutes of Blake, and really, if we go Ron/Barnes AND Ebanks on KD, that is a lot of looks, lot of fouls to use to maybe Jordan Rules him (ie, beat the hell out of him) and hope that Russ is sucking, which leaves only Harden to kill us.  That would be my game plan.  Risky, ton of free throws for a great free throw shooting team, but if you wear down their best guy with 3 tough physical guys, and have a clear edge inside the paint, give yourself a shot.  Just need to pray for bad Russ. 

All that said, Beat Denver tonight, so we don't prolong this series and waste even more time while OKC watches our every move and prepares for us with fresh legs.  Get this done.  TONIGHT. 
PERKS is an IMP.  LOL  I have no problems seeing PERKS getting abused.  They should feed BYNUM some weight gainers, so he can lift these fools and dunk on them like shaq.

Kobe guards Russ in that series.  He may match up every once in a while on KD, but for the series he'll play Russ mostly. 

If we get lucky enough to see Fish on the court vs Sessions, every single play better be clear outs for Sesh.  Every, Single, One

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by thachosen123

If we get lucky enough to see Fish on the court vs Sessions, every single play better be clear outs for Sesh.  Every, Single, One

laugh.gif
It's the truth though!

CP knows the game plan, NT knows the game plan, but when/if that matchup happens DOES MIKE BROWN KNOW THE GAME PLAN!?!?

Only way OKC loses is if Russ shoots them out of the games, just have more firepower than we do. I think it'll be a tough series for them though, we won't go down lightly...at least 6 or 7 games.

OKC has a guy that can challenge Kobe and disrupt him well in Thabo. That'll make a huge difference as to why OKC will beat us in 6. But let's not get ahead of ourselves, a lot of funny things can happen. One game at a time. 
laugh.gif

Perk is supposedly hurt and could miss some games. Even if he's ready, hes probably not at 100% which is good. Not saying hes a bonafide post stopper, but he'll make the Lakers bigs work for their points.

They'll probably do a lot of denying the post and thats when the Laker guards become idiots and wait till the shot clock drops down and jack up some idiot shot. Or they'll pass it around the perimeter and jack up a shot.

Laker bigs, especially Pau needs to get extra tough and actually fight for position.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i hope ur boss is a woman

IMO Ron's suspension is a GREAT thing for the lakers if he can come back to the team in a timely fashion.

All I'm hearing about is how he is in the greatest shape he's been in a long time and these couple weeks of rest will do wonders for him guarding KD...

If we could hold KD to no more than 25 a game, that puts a tremendous amount on both Russ and Harden to score 25+ themselves, because we all know they aren't getting much from anyone else besides Ibaka.

Barring injury I like the Lakers chances in this series. Bynum is almost unstoppable in the post these days... whether he's scoring 20+ or disrupting teams with his blocks. You know what Kobe brings to the table and Pau will get us 17 10 5 a night.

I dunno about you guys but I'm feeling good about this series... I'm gonna say something that will totally shock most of the sports world....

Lakers in 5
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Only way OKC loses is if Russ shoots them out of the games, just have more firepower than we do. I think it'll be a tough series for them though, we won't go down lightly...at least 6 or 7 games.

Russ will be the death of the thunder. Ron Ron will turn Durant into a volume scorer. I think the deciding factor for us is gonna be Pau. He'll be matched up with Ibaka so it'll be tough, but if he comes to play, I don't see them betting us.

one game at a time for me...lakers must stop lawson and galinari

for the thunder part. that team gave us a scare 2years ago and they better than ever

we really need pau to step up in that series and stop durant! ron has to be ready and shut down KD like its 2010
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom