Lakers OFF-SEASON IS A WRAP

How Many Regular Season Games Do You Think Kobe Will Play This Year?

• 1-10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 11-20

• 21-35

• 36-49

• 50-65

• 66-75

• He Plays The Entire Season

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is slightly encouraging from Mitch.

View media item 1724705

Still think it HAS to be Fraizer & Jabari Brown that are definite cuts. Then down to Kelly, Sacre & Holmes who are the final roster spot.

Last edited:
I don't mind Metta coming back

I don't mind Metta getting minutes

I don't mind Metta getting minutes even if he completely sucks now

I'm just gonna mind those inevitable 4-5 weeks to start the season where Byron thinks "Metta was a good defender five years ago... And we have Roy Hibbert... And by god this just might work!"

Last edited:
@WojYahooNBA Increasingly impressive to Lakers players in open gym: Euroleague point guard Marcelo Huertas. He has a real chance to make roster.
Byron is going to play Huertas over Russell isn't he?

@WojYahooNBA Increasingly impressive to Lakers players in open gym: Euroleague point guard Marcelo Huertas. He has a real chance to make roster.
Byron is going to play Huertas over Russell isn't he?
considering hes the only "vet" pg, i could see scenarios where Scott sends Huertas out there to calm things down.

both are rookies, but they had to have seen something in Huertas to not sign an NBA vet at the 1

As it stands now, we have 19 guys in camp.

My vote is to cut Holmes, Frazier, Kelly and Sacre

Kelly and Sacre are 10000% gone. there is now way they make this team no matter how they do in training camp or preseason games. If you keep Kelly/Sacre, who do you cut? Everyone else is a lock to make the team other than Frazier and Holmes, who also will likely be cut because 4 players have to be cut.

No way we waive Brown or Nance for Kelly and no way we waive Black or Upshaw for Sacre.

UNLESS....MAYBE, Kelly really impresses and we keep him and waive Jabari, and slide Kobe back to SG, but that would put DLO or Jordan on the bench, not sure if we do that.

To me, this is very predictable as far as who won't make the team.

Last edited:
As it stands now, we have 19 guys in camp.

My vote is to cut Holmes, Frazier, Kelly and Sacre

Kelly and Sacre are 10000% gone. there is now way they make this team no matter how they do in training camp or preseason games. If you keep Kelly/Sacre, who do you cut? Everyone else is a lock to make the team other than Frazier and Holmes, who also will likely be cut because 4 players have to be cut.

No way we waive Brown or Nance for Kelly and no way we waive Black or Upshaw for Sacre.

UNLESS....MAYBE, Kelly really impresses and we keep him and waive Jabari, and slide Kobe back to SG, but that would put DLO or Jordan on the bench, not sure if we do that.

To me, this is very predictable as far as who won't make the team.
Wow. Literally took the thoughts right out of my mind.

PG- Russell, Huertas, JC
SG- 24, Lou
SF- Nick,Metta, Larry, AB
PF- Randle, Bass, Kelly,Black
C- Hibbert, Upshaw

That should be the 15.

No Need for Jabari with Lou on the roster.

No need for Sacre we have the Laker girls.

PG- Russell, Huertas, JC
SG- 24, Lou
SF- Nick,Metta, Larry, AB
PF- Randle, Bass, Kelly,Black
C- Hibbert, Upshaw

That should be the 15.

No Need for Jabari with Lou on the roster.

No need for Sacre we have the Laker girls.

I can't imagine JC being our 3rd string point guard or not even starting

My feelings about Metta:

Im so so about it.

Yeah hes old, crazy, and not the same. But he could serve a purpose to the rookies. I'm happy to see him back and for old times sake. I understand what CP and Kurt Cobain said about him. I respect that, but what is done is done. We have to see what happens. I wish the best. After all....Lakers nation all the way.

[quote name="Halcyon"]My feelings about Metta:

Im so so about it.

Yeah hes old, crazy, and not the same. But he could serve a purpose to the rookies. I'm happy to see him back and for old times sake. I understand what CP and Kurt Cobain said about him. I respect that, but what is done is done. We have to see what happens. I wish the best. After all....Lakers nation all the way.[/quote]Wait, what?

Not a depth chart.

I was replying to your post about the final 15. I just listed the guys by position.

JC will start, Nick wont. Bass and Black will backup Hibbert.

OK so we agree on the final 15 except you think Kelly makes the team and Jabari doesn't

Neither should... But both probably do.

Jabari is mediocre.. And Kelly will never be put in the position to be serviceable with Byron.. Nor would I put him ahead of Randle, Bass, or Nance who is much more athletic, and likely could handle his own at the 4, and maybe could slide down to the 3 for short periods of time. Although Nance at the 3, seems like doom to court spacing..

Last edited:
Remember all that hoopla about how Nash is going to work for the Warriors instead of the Lakers? Apparently, we didn't even offer him a position until AFTER he had already agreed to the Warriors offer.

We didn't even make an offer or at least secure his services when we drafted Russell? It's silly, man. Ah wells, he's working with the Warriors now, it is what it is. 

https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom