Lakers OFF-SEASON IS A WRAP

How Many Regular Season Games Do You Think Kobe Will Play This Year?

• 1-10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 11-20

• 21-35

• 36-49

• 50-65

• 66-75

• He Plays The Entire Season

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feet too sandy. 
roll.gif

nthat.gif

[quote name="LiCeNseD To BaLL"]Never knew there were feet in the picture.[/quote]Exactly what I was gonna say. :lol:

[quote name="LoveHateSelf"]F that *** and her "don't call me Latina" bs[/quote]Same page, my friend.

thread is going nutz. hows kobe body look now? leaner is wat i hope. he said less weight helps the knee.

Sources: Metta World Peace working out at Lakers’ facility, moving closer to 1-year deal

Free agent Metta World Peace has begun to work out daily at the Los Angeles Lakers’ practice facility, inching closer to a return to the franchise on a one-year contract, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

World Peace, 35, started participating in informal workouts with Lakers players this week at the team's facility in El Segundo, Calif., and is expected to continue through the start of Lakers training camp later this month, league sources said. No deal has been agreed upon, but there’s an increasing expectation that will happen this month, league sources said.

World Peace had been in the Lakers' practice facility earlier this summer, too, working against 2014 first-round pick Julius Randle, sources said.

World Peace has been out of the NBA since the New York Knicks waived him during the 2013-14 season. He played last season in China and Italy. Lakers officials are growing in the belief that World Peace, formerly Ron Artest, has evolved into a mature veteran who can impact a young roster with his toughness and resolve, league sources said.

The Lakers are lacking depth at the small forward position.

World Peace played four seasons with the Lakers from 2009-13 and was instrumental in helping them win the 2010 championship. Los Angeles amnestied World Peace after the 2012-13 season.

In 15 NBA seasons, World Peace has averaged 13.8 points and 4.7 rebounds. He had stops with the Chicago Bulls, Indiana Pacers, Sacramento Kings, Houston Rockets, Lakers and Knicks.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--metta-world-peace-working-out-230655714.html

Last edited:
Besides the Malice at the Palace, what is the case against MWP in the HOF? First perimeter DPOY since Jordan, NBA champ, former All-Star, played elite defense in his prime, good defense post prime, All-NBA, 4x Defensive All-NBA, and not too bad of a scorer as well. If Marion gets in, MWP should as well.

Last edited:
Artest has a short prime and good, but not great stats. Matrix had gaudier stats and accolades.

Marion was a versatile defender, capable on handling switches, but Ron would truly be lockdown. Marion would be better in a fast break team, like the Suns, while Ron would wear you out physically. Throw in Ron's offense, and you could say Prime Ron > Prime Marion.

some how get rid of kelly and bring in MWP. I read he has been working out with Randle....we need that toughness in practice all the time!

Still don't really get why bringing in MWP makes any sense. Just let Anthony Brown play the 10 minutes MWP will have play.

Also the roster is now up to like 1000

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom