Lakers OFF-SEASON IS A WRAP

How Many Regular Season Games Do You Think Kobe Will Play This Year?

• 1-10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 11-20

• 21-35

• 36-49

• 50-65

• 66-75

• He Plays The Entire Season

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Byron Scott is temporarily tabling his Princeton offense for "organized chaos."

Scott said Tuesday he plans to run less-complex offensive sets in hopes of avoiding the adjustment period his team experienced last season. An abbreviated training camp also is working against him.

The Cavaliers are running an offense that allow for more freedom and creativity or, as Scott termed it, "organized chaos." Several players say rookie Kyrie Irving is now thriving in the modified approach.

A week ago, the coach said he would begin installing his intricate Princeton offense early this week. For now, he plans only to use its concepts on plays coming out of timeouts when Scott can properly align his team. The coach said the players were struggling with the Princeton offense during Sunday night's scrimmage.

"Guys were calling one play, but running a whole different play," Scott said. "I figured if it works we might put it in. Since it wasn't we wanted to make sure they knew exactly what was going on."

Scott had to scale back the offense last season, as well. What the Cavaliers are now running, however, seems to be to the liking of Irving. Multiple teammates have remarked how fluid the 19-year-old looks with the ball in his hands.

"Some of the things he has been doing in practice are unbelievable," forward Samardo Samuels said.

"The Q is going to have a lot of oohs and ahhs when he is playing."

Irving said the offense is similar to what the Blue Devils ran last season at Duke. Scott said that was not by design.
http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2011/12/cleveland_cavaliers_taking_bab.html

Byron Scott scrapping the Princeton Offense yet again a bad sign?

Cavaliers head coach Byron Scott came to town last season with his much-ballyhooed "Princeton Offense." It was met, however, with a collective "Huh?" and Scott was forced to scrap much of it.

A few days into training camp this season, Scott is scrapping it again, giving rookie Kyrie Irving more freedom, instead opting for an offense he describes as "organized chaos."

This topic has sparked a debate on cleveland.com: "The doom and gloom comes from having heard all this before. Last year it was how incredible this Princeton Offense was going to be in moving the ball around and getting everyone involved. That quickly devolved into a focus on defense, before fizzling out with an effort to get the players just to act like they cared at all. Lord Byron has this team firmly entrenched in a position to garner another top pick, which I guess given the circumstances is all we can hope for."
http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2011/12/cavaliers_comment_of_the_day_s_17.html

Please scrap the Prison Offense.

Hope Byron gets fired before mid season. I know they wouldn't do it right now unless they start the season 0-20 or 2-18.

Marvel was up 50 but DC bout to go on a 34-12 run
That avengers crap has gotten old. Ever since Disney bought Marvel they've been catering to kids.

DC has the right idea. 2016 is all theirs.
nah marvel is still in its prime

just two different approaches, thats all

I'm just happy we are getting all these great comic book movies

need to start drinking fluids now to prepare myself for all the liquid im going to lose during the hattrick of episode 7 - batman vs superman - civil war

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom