Lakers OFF-SEASON IS A WRAP

How Many Regular Season Games Do You Think Kobe Will Play This Year?

• 1-10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 11-20

• 21-35

• 36-49

• 50-65

• 66-75

• He Plays The Entire Season

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to the next game. Randle started to shake off the rust. Would like to see clarkson and Jr create some shots for dlo to get him going

Bring back bickerstaff
20110712_094227_bickerstaff.jpg

The amount of discussion about Randle's body language made me laugh.

Something to be concerned about :lol:

‏@forumbluegold 3m3 minutes ago
Randle outright said he's frustrated w/ how he's playing and in trying to find his rhythm. Also seems frustrated only playing 20 minutes...

@forumbluegold 3m3 minutes ago
I don't really blame him, either. I know the goal is to have him healthy for the regular season & through the season.

Last edited:
Here's the thing. Only a handful of teams have cap space starting on the 9th... Most of these teams stink and have no reason for Nick Young unless you are giving them something better with it. So there wasn't much to be accomplished when you were simply trying to dump his salary. Unless that player is a a quality starter, dumping a salary for nothing in addition will never happen.

Last edited:
Scratch that I'm on it na...

The first four offensive possessions; Julius screening for DLo who makes a bad pass, AB with a nice pull up 3 in transition (misses), Clarkson coming off two screens off the ball, then coming off another at the top of the key for a tuff pull up 3 (shot clock winding down), Julius on the left low block, spins baseline has his shot blocked.

The Knicks got 2 wide open looks, one missed by Grant (miscommunication on the wing defensively) the other a nice turn around hook by KP after he ran the floor, got wide in the paint, and created good separation off a nice/quick move.

Bad fouls early, The knicks just look more aggressive. Our guys playing too cool. Too swaggy. We've ran the princeton a total of two times so far. The most recent resulted in Julius throwing up a bad shot on the left block after the Knicks didn't bring a double or help over.

The knicks still more aggressive, attacking the rim. We taking bad shots and making bad decisions defensively as well as with the ball in our hands. KP is really really good. Nice touch around the rim with both hands (pjic)

I really like Jabari, which is another reason why the Lou Will signing pissed me off

Frustrating tidbit about Julius for me is his lack of effort on the boards man. I haven't seen him box anyone out yet so far in SL.

First qtr over and we've ran the Princeton a total of 2 possessions. Everything else has been pick and roll. We've only attacked the rim twice off of the P&R (dlo got a layup, clarkson kicked it out to julius). The floor spacing is trash which is a key factor in running any offense let alone a princeton or a triangle or whatever.

Tarik really coming alive in the 2nd on both ends... Flashing to the basket and even hit a nice step back jumper over KP

View media item 1627299
View media item 1627300
View media item 1627301
Bad spacing. No one cutting to the rim. No ball movement. 1-5 Pick and Roll, 2-5 Pick and Roll.... This is not what we need to be running. No suprised we he had a million TOs in that first half and shot 25%

Last edited:
I thought Julius looked great last night. Sure there were a bunch of plays where he didn't make an effort, but I'm not worried about that.
I just want him to shake the rust off & get these reps. His vision, strength and speed is something that few have on a basketball court.
Once he gets his touch back and his dribbling up... watch out.
I hope his conditioning isn't an issue in the future though. He can box out and play defense, he's just not doing it on every (more like 1 in 5 :lol: ) possession right now.

Feel the same way about Russell. All these kids' turnovers are cuz his teammates aren't on the same train of thought as DLo.
He had 2 turnovers to Black where Black didn't even pick his head up to look for a pass.
Chemistry will solve Russell's problems. If anything I want him shooting more in these games. Get that NBA 3 range down (his shots are a little short right now).

Now the guy I have no love for is Mark Madsen.
What the **** are you running out there? We're getting outcoached so badly, it's almost comical.
THIS is the guy who is supposed to be the head coach of our analytics department? What a joke.
Mitch needs to completely redo that section of the coaching staff, because Madsen WILL NOT cut it.
If he's running our analytics, it's no wonder the Lakers have been trash since MDA left.
Get a real coach in here, run some real sets, get some real spacing, get some real cutters, I'm sick of this crap that's going on right now.
Literally, the only watchable offensive plays are those in transition. The half-court offense is disgusting.

[quote name="JohnnyRedStorm"][quote name="KingJaffeJo"]We need to start recruiting KD now. Mitch should have Kobe calling him everyday right now. And Kobe should be telling him he's ready to hand the keys of the franchise over to him.[/quote]Tampering b[/quote]Tampering if Mitch does it. Kobe? Just friends talking.

See: 2010 Heat

sohi 23 sohi 23 Agreed on randle. Coming off a leg injury, things like boxing out and setting good screens can fatigue the lower body until you really build that strength back up. His motor has never been a problem so I'm not really worried about that. No charging fouls in his second game which shows me he's starting to get settled in and get that feel for the game back which is the biggest component you lose after sitting out for a year.

You still think clarkson is george hill tho?

It's still the Summer League. Never get too high or too low on a guy in the Summer League.

But he has shown improvement, so there is that.

Others compared him to George Hill, I never did. Just want to throw I've never said that.

sohi 23 sohi 23 Agreed on randle. Coming off a leg injury, things like boxing out and setting good screens can fatigue the lower body until you really build that strength back up. His motor has never been a problem so I'm not really worried about that. No charging fouls in his second game which shows me he's starting to get settled in and get that feel for the game back which is the biggest component you lose after sitting out for a year.

Sounds about as ridiculous as JC being a top 10 SG.

Pelton:
Jordan Clarkson, Los Angeles Lakers

After two strong performances, Clarkson's level of play fell off Monday. He missed three of his four attempts from 3-point range, including a shot that would have cut into the lead in the final minute. Clarkson also struggled with his finishing, shooting 2-of-10 inside the arc.
Julius Randle, Los Angeles Lakers

We saw a lot of "point Randle" from Julius on Monday, as he looked to push the ball after grabbing rebounds. Randle had a couple of nice setups to Clarkson in transition. Within the half-court offense, the book is out on Randle: sit on his left hand and wait for him to come back to it. Randle got to the free throw line six times, but shot just 2-of-8 from the field as most of his attempts were contested in the paint.
D'Angelo Russell, Lakers

The learning curve has gone the wrong direction for Russell, who started well and has increasingly struggled as summer league has gone on. Defenses are starting to anticipate his passes in transition, leading to steals. The court vision is still there, and Russell's best pass of the night bounced off the hands of teammate Tarik Black for a turnover. But even in this setting, eight turnovers to one assist is a problematic ratio.

I called JC George Hill just to devalue him cuz I felt the hype was outta control. I don't think he's George Hill but I wouldn't hesitate to trade Clarkson for a better piece. What I meant is that even though Clarkson is a nice, young, athletic player, he is easily replaceable because I feel like guards like Clarkson aren't hard to find.

Clarkson is 23 and very clearly one of the best players at summer league. Im not going to make declarations of his NBA game based on what he does in summer league.

Last edited:
JC is already way quicker than Hill, however a less complete player. JC is more like a better version of Ramon Sessions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom