LAKERS @ mavs 3/18 5:30 KCAL

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

So that's going to be the post-game argument, Mavs fans? Free throws?

Y'all shot 9 more than us, and made 9 more than us.
nerd.gif

whos arguing about FT's???...

Originally Posted by welcometothetonezone

Originally Posted by mavrx

nerd.gif

Naw man, we talkin about practice!

laugh.gif

Ska we were never arguing FT attempts, but more the call on Lamar Odom, it was very disappointing to see the foul called at that point in the game. It's adifference of going into a timeout with a one point lead or a three point lead. It was a crucial call down the stretch.

DAMN, almost made me forget about Radman, this man needs to go skiing again!!
laugh.gif
If he wouldn't have made at least 2 of those three's, we would havebeen able to take control. Dude straight up netted three's all day in the fourth. It was so frustrating to see the Mavericks battle back and then seeRadman hit three's like they're layups.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by mario23407

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Originally Posted by mario23407

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

laugh.gif
at Dirk.....dude had Lamar Odom in the air, and he BACKED away from him!!! If Dirk would've just jumped into Odom a foul would've been called. Dirk is trash I'm sorry Mav's fans
laugh.gif
roll.gif

+#+!* please, dirk would take on the whole knicks squad by himself.

laugh.gif
u sound mad, young grasshopper

grasshopper? lol good one

Dude is just upset that Mr.Softee leaned away...which he ALWAYS does....then makes fun of the knicks when he clearly knows us Knicks freely acknowledgesthat the Knicks suck
laugh.gif

Dirk played a good game and was clutch today.

Reasons for the lakers collapse:

-most important one was Kobe's 4th foul those last 3 min of the third, we could have still had a 20 pts lead starting the 4th most likely

-Luke Walton trying to be the playmaker and scorer again. Getting the ball stripped, stagnating the offense, making bad passes, playing horrible defense,playing ******ed, etc

-Derek Fisher trying to be the go to guy and thinking he will do something going to the basket like 4 straight times. He must be ******ed too
tired.gif

-3 point defense, especially odom letting dirk shoot 3s instead of forcing him to drive
tired.gif

Props to dat vlad saving us today though
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Ska we were never arguing FT attempts, but more the call on Lamar Odom, it was very disappointing to see the foul called at that point in the game. It's a difference of going into a timeout with a one point lead or a three point lead. It was a crucial call down the stretch.

Lamar would have gotten that rebound if stack had not used his arms though

Originally Posted by welcometothetonezone

Originally Posted by mavrx

nerd.gif

Naw man, we talkin about practice!

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

JapanAir21:
Ska we were never arguing FT attempts, but more the call on Lamar Odom
Gotcha. Commence debating the call then. I didn't see it, so I can't comment on it.

Dude is just upset that Mr.Softee leaned away...which he ALWAYS does...
For every example of that call being made that you can come up with, I can find at least 5 others where it doesn't.

You are not getting a whistle under 5 seconds, shooting a jumper.

I swear, people will ALWAYS find a reason to dog Dirk. It's unbelievable. This dude scores 10 points in the last 2 minutes, recovers a crappy in-boundspass, and has to force up a shot at the buzzer, and dudes want to complain about him. Un-freaking-real.
Gotcha. Commence debating the call then. I didn't see it, so I can't comment on it.
I all honesty, it probably was a foul. But the fact that for 47 minutes tonight, it wasn't something that was getting called, and then thewhistle blows after a big stop with under a minute left, it's just kind of deflating. How do you not call something like that all night, then you wannatighten it up and blow the whistle down the stretch?

Edit* One more thing... Does anybody else LOVE watching for Kobe's reactions when Dirk or Terry hits a big-time shot? This dude gets PISSED. Actin likehe's about the rip Lamar Odom or Sasha Vujucic's head off. It has me
roll.gif
every single time.

I swear, people will ALWAYS find a reason to dog Dirk. It's unbelievable. This dude scores 10 points in the last 2 minutes, recovers a crappy in-bounds pass, and has to force up a shot at the buzzer, and dudes want to complain about him. Un-freaking-real.

seriously
tired.gif

if that was Kobe in that position missing the shot instead of Dirk, most of these "Dirk bashers" would probably be making excuses for KB.
smh.gif
tired.gif

^^im just saying, would you rather move away for a tougher shot? or lean in and get a closer look and maybe get fouled???

It's fundamentals in basketball: if you have a defender in the air, and the clock is winding down...you jump into him.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

I swear, people will ALWAYS find a reason to dog Dirk. It's unbelievable. This dude scores 10 points in the last 2 minutes, recovers a crappy in-bounds pass, and has to force up a shot at the buzzer, and dudes want to complain about him. Un-freaking-real.

Seriously! Dirk is the reason why the Mavs were even in this game. Dirk will never catch a break from the haters

Lamar would have gotten that rebound if stack had not used his arms though

Stacks arm was at his hip, and the other went up for the rebound. Where's that Greg Oden Bedpan dude when you need him,
laugh.gif

I'm upset at the call, but we had an opportunity to make it up, although it made things much more difficult, I'm just pointing out what us Mavericksfans are thinking. We think that Jerry Stackhouse went straight up for the ball, Lamar leaned back. Lakers fans think it was over the back (which is usuallythe case when they go for a rebound with two hands, Stackhouse used one arm).

Originally Posted by BullsRepeat3Peat

seriously
tired.gif

if that was Kobe in that position missing the shot instead of Dirk, most of these "Dirk bashers" would probably be making excuses for KB.
smh.gif
tired.gif

is everything about kobe or laker fans with you?

Originally Posted by knightngale

Dirk played a good game and was clutch today.

Reasons for the lakers collapse:

-most important one was Kobe's 4th foul those last 3 min of the third, we could have still had a 20 pts lead starting the 4th most likely

-Luke Walton trying to be the playmaker and scorer again. Getting the ball stripped, stagnating the offense, making bad passes, playing horrible defense, playing ******ed, etc

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]-Derek Fisher trying to be the go to guy and thinking he will do something going to the basket like 4 straight times. He must be ******ed too[/color]
tired.gif
[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)].[/color]

-3 point defense, especially odom letting dirk shoot 3s instead of forcing him to drive
tired.gif

Props to dat vlad saving us today though
pimp.gif

i dont know if you frequent lakersground.net but these stats were posted about fisher going and driving in the lane:

Inside shooting stats (among players that qualify)...
• Fish only scores 1.5 points per game which is worst in the league.
• He only makes42.5% of his attempts which is second worst in the league.
• He's blocked 19%of the time which is 8th worst in the league.

http://82games.com/FGSORT14.HTM

perfect opportunity to draw a foul on a guy who tends to make mental errors.....when billups drew the foul on Tony Allen earlier this season, he became thescapegoat. thank god Dirk wasn't thinking about drawing that foul.

Originally Posted by akajaedeuce

Originally Posted by BullsRepeat3Peat

seriously
tired.gif

smh.gif
tired.gif

is everything about kobe or laker fans with you?

no. its not.

Fisher has been in a major funk the lat couple of weeks, but I do hate it when he drives in traffic.
Once he gets his jumper back
smokin.gif

The call was bang bang. It really could have gone either way. IMO I thought it was a foul. I have been called for that many times...even when I go straight upthe call will go on me.

Edit* One more thing... Does anybody else LOVE watching for Kobe's reactions when Dirk or Terry hits a big-time shot? This dude gets PISSED. Actin like he's about the rip Lamar Odom or Sasha Vujucic's head off. It has me
roll.gif
every single time.

yeah that +%+$ is funny as hell...

It's fundamentals in basketball: if you have a defender in the air, and the clock is winding down...you jump into him.
I've said it before, but it's a matter of opinion. If there were 20 seconds left, I would agree with you, but here? No.

Step-by-Step

1) Bad, low in-bounds pass to Dirk
2) Fumbled with Odom because the pass was low.
3) Dirk picks it up with ~2 seconds left.
4) Odom and _______ (can't remember who) go to try and stop Dirk
5) Dirk tries to avoid them, and takes the shot.

Now, you want to try and at least get a shot off, and what if the refs don't call the foul? You're SOL. I wasn't mad when Dirk let it go, andI'm sure most Mavericks fans weren't. It's just the way the ball rolled.

Bro, I've played basketball for 20 years, had a college scholarship offers, been around the block... I've NEVER had a coach tell me to shot fake and jump into a defender in that situation. More often than not, you are not getting that foul shooting a jumper from 25 feet. You cannot expect to get bailed out in that situation. Period. Get the cleanest look you possibly can, and try to knock it down.

What I've been trying to get at. Moretimes than not, you're not going to get the foul shot at the end of a game behind the three point line.

Also, as a last thing ont he Lamar thing, I wasn't too upset when the call happened, I saw it as a missed opportunity, I'm just defending things fromthe viewpoint of a Mavericks fan. From my understandings of the rule, if you go straight up for a rebound, no call. That's what I thought I saw, eventhough I wasn't as upset about it.

Nowitness41Dirk wrote:
Edit* One more thing... Does anybody else LOVE watching for Kobe's reactions when Dirk or Terry hits a big-time shot? This dude gets PISSED. Actin like he's about the rip Lamar Odom or Sasha Vujucic's head off. It has me
roll.gif
every single time.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I love it, he does it every single game. It's like all the players walk away from him as fast as they can when someone knocks down a big shot
laugh.gif

^^im just saying, would you rather move away for a tougher shot? or lean in and get a closer look and maybe get fouled???

Bro, I've played basketball for 20 years, had a college scholarship offers, been around the block... I've NEVER had a coach tell me toshot fake and jump into a defender in that situation. More often than not, you are not getting that foul shooting a jumper from 25 feet. You cannot expect toget bailed out in that situation. Period. Get the cleanest look you possibly can, and try to knock it down.

If Dirk jumps into Lamar, he's probably not getting the call, and he's taking a far lower percentage shot, being that he's taking some contact andtrying to shoot around someone.

I want Dirk to get off the cleanest look possible in that situation. If that means leaning away from contact or people trying to block the shot, so be it.I'm not going to complain about him not jumping into someone and praying he gets bailed out.

I don't expect a call in that situation, and frankly, I'd rather a call not be made in that situation on either end of the court. I do not like gamesbeing decided by officials with the clock winding down. Let the players make the plays that win the games. Unless it is a painfully obvious foul, swallow yourdamn whistle.

Man that game had me stressed, hate losing leads like that. Hopefully we get the win in Utah this Thursday. This game again just proved that Kidd has no effecton the Mavs. The Mavs have lost every single game against a .500 team since they acquired him. Call it what you want but it was a bad trade in my eyes, theyshould of kept Harris.

Back
Top Bottom