Lakers @ Cavs, 1/21/2010 on TNT @ 8PM ET Lebron vs Kobe Part Deux

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

Originally Posted by vanexellent

As a Laker & Kobe fan, I have admit that Lebron is so gifted that he makes the game look too easy and he basically is unstoppable. He is superman (sorrydwight & shaq) and is not from this planet. I would say Kobe is batman in that he uses his skills and technique to do his superhero stuff.
As corny as this sounds, it actually makes sense.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  sounds funny, but i gotta agree with that as well.  Can it be possible to like both players?  I'm a Laker fan too...  but i don't see any reason on hating LeBron.  (i still hate the C's though, lol)

Originally Posted by JordansonDeck

LeBron took a team of Boobie, Drew Gooden, Z, Larry Hughes, Damon Jones, Sasha Pavlovic, Eric Snow, Scot Pollard, Ira Newble, Donyell Marshall, David Wesley, Anderon Varejao, Dwayne Jones, and Shannon Brown to the FINALS.... talk about a horrific team. Just don't think Kobe could've done that with this team I don't care how bad the East was that season.

And Lost 0-4. And hasn't been back.. Kobe took that team from 06,07 from getting bounced 4-1 to a NBA Finals 1 year later, and then Won the year after. Lebron gets a new team every year.. so his odds of building a team into a winner are very low. 

The Gasol trade got the Lakers to the Finals. Kobe doesn't make his teammates better. Gasol can create his own shot and draw double teams. 

The amount %#%% that means nothing in this thread is unbelievable. Some of ya'll are ridiculous.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Jonnny25

LeBron took a team of Boobie, Drew Gooden, Z, Larry Hughes, Damon Jones, Sasha Pavlovic, Eric Snow, Scot Pollard, Ira Newble, Donyell Marshall, David Wesley, Anderon Varejao, Dwayne Jones, and Shannon Brown to the FINALS.... talk about a horrific team. Just don't think Kobe could've done that with this team I don't care how bad the East was that season.

And Lost 0-4. And hasn't been back.. Kobe took that team from 06,07 from getting bounced 4-1 to a NBA Finals 1 year later, and then Won the year after. Lebron gets a new team every year.. so his odds of building a team into a winner are very low. 

The Gasol trade got the Lakers to the Finals. Kobe doesn't make his teammates better. Gasol can create his own shot and draw double teams. 

You Cant Be Serious.. My point is more than proven. LeBron gets a new team EVERY YEAR. So the players he makes "better" all get traded to make way for new players every year. Check the rosters... the only players who have played  3 seasons+ are Ilgauskas, Varajao Boobie and ... Lebron. So obviously he can't Make people that good. Seems like he ships them out quite frequently. Kobe has had the everyone Minus Shannon,Pau, Ron and Adam for the last 3+ years. and he got them to play at a level that has gotten them 2 straight finals appearances and a Title.. 

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
CROSSISOM wrote:

Originally Posted by vanexellent

As a Laker & Kobe fan, I have admit that Lebron is so gifted that he makes the game look too easy and he basically is unstoppable. He is superman (sorry dwight & shaq) and is not from this planet. I would say Kobe is batman in that he uses his skills and technique to do his superhero stuff.
As corny as this sounds, it actually makes sense.

--Interesting. With that said...Batman > Superman.
nerd.gif

The point is that Lebron makes Alexander Pavlovic look decent. The same guy who can not even get minutes on the TWolves now.

^^ same could be said for Kobe.  Look at Smush Parker.  Averaging double figure scoring with the Lakers, couldn't hang with the Clippers and Heat, and now is out of the nba.

the game is over.  lets move on .  Cavs played well, Lakers had their chance to win it but didn't .   THATS IT.

Originally Posted by Jonnny25

You Cant Be Serious.. My point is more than proven. LeBron gets a new team EVERY YEAR. So the players he makes "better" all get traded to make way for new players every year. Check the rosters... the only players who have played  3 seasons+ are Ilgauskas, Varajao Boobie and ... Lebron. So obviously he can't Make people that good. Seems like he ships them out quite frequently. Kobe has had the everyone Minus Shannon,Pau, Ron and Adam for the last 3+ years. and he got them to play at a level that has gotten them 2 straight finals appearances and a Title.. 

Oooh, he took an all-NBA 3rd teamer to a title. What an accomplishment. Kobe Bryant had Caron Butler and Lamar Odom and couldn't win half of his games. Instead he needed Phil Jackson back and the most ridiculous trade in history when they got Gasol for Kwame to get somewhere. You think Cavs would need to change rosters if they got a trade that was this one-sided?

^^ same could be said for Kobe. Look at Smush Parker. Averaging double figure scoring with the Lakers, couldn't hang with the Clippers and Heat, and now is out of the nba.

What about Caron Butler? A guy who became a perennial all-star only after he left Kobe's ball hogging presence?

The fact that you need another better player or other better players to win a championship makes that argument of who's the better player flawed cause then you could always downplay the result by saying so and so didn't have this type of supporting cast or have this type of coach so that obviously makes the player who couldn't win without a good cast better etc. etc.

Regardless of where these teams will be come april-june, or who's the better team, this was an excellent showcase of the two best players in the NBA going head to head.

Kobe put in work, but LeBron took the W, funny how last year the Cavs got swept in the season series to the Lakers last year, and they came back next season to sweep them. Good stuff.
pimp.gif

It's because the Cavs front office is doing everything they can to get to that next step.  It obviously hasn't worked, but all the trades/releases all go through LeBron so HE is the one who ultimately has the major say in who leaves and stays.  The team this year is very good, so we shall see what happens.  

Some of y'all are ridiculous. You can't win a chip unless you have great players/great coaching staff/great front office around you. Why is everyone trying to downplay people's accomplishments? If LeBron wins a chip, some will say he doesn't deserve some of the credit, that the arrival of Shaq was the only reason he won. 
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

This thread is still up?

cavs outplayed the lakers
lebron came up big in the 4th
lakers had a chance to tie the game but failed

lets move on guys....there's like 40 more games to go!

i guess so. even tho kobe had a shaq in his prime and lebron had a shaq with his lowest career #s across the board. 2 different "shaqs" but still, if you want to bring shaq into it then that would make him easily more valuable than either kobe or lebron. its 5 on 5 out there, no one can win it by themselves.

Originally Posted by aztec06jr

Originally Posted by WILLINC

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

At the end of the day.. Will Would Lebron be there in June if he had Kobe's supporting cast?

Yes. Yes he would.

I think that would be a good question. How much/would the Lakers be better if they had Lebron instead of Kobe ? And vice versa
Different types of teams...but during the Olympics when the game mattered the most who was the undisputed go to guy?

Lebron's physical abilities alone make him Kobe's match but let's not get carried away...Lebron and Kobe are 1A and 1B, there is no other player even close to them. Wade hasn't been the same since he got hurt.

BINGO!!!!!!!

Laker Kobe fan mentality:

When Kobe beats LeBron: Kobe is the best/still the best player in the league, make gifs of the lucky fadeaway off the glass over LeBron from last year's game in Cleveland, aka Kobe's only field goal of the second half of the game.

When LeBron beats Kobe: They are just different types of players, so you can't say who's better, they're 1a and 1b, etc...

Originally Posted by KingJames23

Originally Posted by Nermindee

yeah magics swept the lakers last year during the regular season... then 4-1 in the finals... pssshhh i aint worried... just waiting for kobes broken finger to
heal.

And the Magic owned the Cavs in the regular season last year and look how that turned out. I love when people pick and choose stats that only help theirargument.

I'm not saying you should be worried but to point that out as to why this means nothing is laughable.

And who the !!!% is the magics?
damn look at this kid, it really bothered you that i said i wasnt worried? hahaha thats pathetic... im glad that it irritated you enough that you had to front that it was "laughable"... lmfao, quick! think of something else to say so you can feel better about yourself again hahaha

Back
Top Bottom