[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Nash will retire after the season I don't see him playing anymore I'll be shocked if he even stays with the lakers this season

maybe if he was still on the suns he would realize that he's done and retire but im sure once we sign a few big names this off season he will see hope and come back next year

This team is looking like a lottery team. Things looking good so far
smokin.gif

Here's the problem...

1. We can't have guys have horrendous shooting nights and take 1/4 of our shots.

Nash & Blake combined to be 3-20. That's 15% shooting, We only took 82 shots. Even if they combined for 30%, which is still very bad by all intents and purposes, you found your 6 point deficit.

2. Play Jordan ******g Hill

Through 3 games, his player efficiency ratting is 28.98, you know how great that is. It is MVP level of play. Not saying Hill will continue playing this way, but even a drop in play would still mean he's one of the best bench players in the league.

In 3 games he averages 6.3 pts, 6.3 rebounds.

Game 1: 18 minutes , 12 points, 8 rebounds
Game 2: 13 minutes, 2 points (1-2 shooting), 5 rebounds
Game 3: 12 minutes, 5 points, 4 rebounds

He literally is one of the best rebounders and energy men in the league. No reason he shouldn't be getting 20-22 minutes every night.

3. Blake is gearing up to be awful this season, AGAIN.

It's more of the damn same every year. I'll give you 7 points, 4 assists, but I'll be extremely inefficient as I do it.

4. Whatever level of awfulness Steve Blake is, Steve Nash is that on the double.

We were going to lose that game against GSW. But that Spurs game was ours, and 4 things caused the loss.

5. Pull the plug on Shawne, I thought he'd help us because he is an MDA product, but nothing is showing me he will make a difference.

It's 3 games, but these 5 things are undeniable so far.

Positives:
1. Pau is actually playing pretty well, albeit a little slower
2. Farmar, Meeks, Hill are playing great basketball.
3. Kaman is playing pretty good basketball as a backup.
4. Wes is starting to turn a corner, he won't be great, but he can definitely contribute.
5. Although I think he's going to regress to be who he was elsewhere, Xavier has been solid.

Fix the team:
1. Farmar should be the backup PG. BUT Steve Nash, Steve Blake should not be starting, backing up, or even playing on this team..
2. Shannon Brown would be a great addition for us at the 2, for as long as we don't have Kobe. IF we were to get rid of the Steves.
3. Shawne Williams should not play.

The bench is playing pretty well. Farmar - Meeks - Henry - Hill is something that should be run a lot. Teams can't keep up with their energy.

Last edited:
I'm rooting for wins but when we take the L I ain't eem mad

my sentiments too

kobeokclal.gif

and nash has become detrimental on both sides of the floor. his window is closing in and its discernible

sometimes you win some, sometimes you lose some (trades/pick-ups and their success are fortuitous) i.e. going all in last year with dwight and turned out to be unsuccessful

now onward to reload cause we lakers don't rebuild :smokin

Here's the problem...

1. We can't have guys have horrendous shooting nights and take 1/4 of our shots.

Nash & Blake combined to be 3-20. That's 15% shooting, We only took 82 shots. Even if they combined for 30%, which is still very bad by all intents and purposes, you found your 6 point deficit.

2. Play Jordan ******g Hill

Through 3 games, his player efficiency ratting is 28.98, you know how great that is. It is MVP level of play. Not saying Hill will continue playing this way, but even a drop in play would still mean he's one of the best bench players in the league.

In 3 games he averages 6.3 pts, 6.3 rebounds.

Game 1: 18 minutes , 12 points, 8 rebounds
Game 2: 13 minutes, 2 points (1-2 shooting), 5 rebounds
Game 3: 12 minutes, 5 points, 4 rebounds

He literally is one of the best rebounders and energy men in the league. No reason he shouldn't be getting 20-22 minutes every night.

3. Blake is gearing up to be awful this season, AGAIN.

It's more of the damn same every year. I'll give you 7 points, 4 assists, but I'll be extremely inefficient as I do it.

4. Whatever level of awfulness Steve Blake is, Steve Nash is that on the double.

We were going to lose that game against GSW. But that Spurs game was ours, and 4 things caused the loss.

5. Pull the plug on Shawne, I thought he'd help us because he is an MDA product, but nothing is showing me he will make a difference.

It's 3 games, but these 5 things are undeniable so far.

Positives:
1. Pau is actually playing pretty well, albeit a little slower
2. Farmar, Meeks, Hill are playing great basketball.
3. Kaman is playing pretty good basketball as a backup.
4. Wes is starting to turn a corner, he won't be great, but he can definitely contribute.
5. Although I think he's going to regress to be who he was elsewhere, Xavier has been solid.

Fix the team:
1. Farmar should be the backup PG. BUT Steve Nash, Steve Blake should not be starting, backing up, or even playing on this team..
2. Shannon Brown would be a great addition for us at the 2, for as long as we don't have Kobe. IF we were to get rid of the Steves.
3. Shawne Williams should not play.

The bench is playing pretty well. Farmar - Meeks - Henry - Hill is something that should be run a lot. Teams can't keep up with their energy.

No.

Let them lose. Benefits our future more. Aint none of them junkyard players coming back next year anyways

so farmar dropping 10+ in the 4th, curry almost dropping 40, IT almost dropping 30 on chris paul is guarding his position?

top pgs make up for their bad defense with great offence, which is what im saying. if nash can produce on offence, which he isnt right now, then who cares about his defense which every pg in the nba gets lit up anyways
this guy gets it .

I remember someone trying to argue that d rose played defense..

I was like "do you watch him play??" :lol:

trying to be positive after this loss. 73-9 is still possible :smokin

hope kobe plays on sunday and goes 90/.70/10/10 for ska and his son. ska would love it...i know it.

trying to be positive after this loss. 73-9 is still possible
smokin.gif

hope kobe plays on sunday and goes 90/.70/10/10 for ska and his son. ska would love it...i know it.
is that bum dante jones still on the hawks? if so maybe kobe actually goes for 90

is that bum dante jones still on the hawks? if so maybe kobe actually goes for 90

he was recently waived by the Bulls. lucky for him Kobe may have had suit up just for tomorrow :lol:

Remember what what he said last year along the lines of him having to wait a year for vengeance

ifMH5vU.gif

Right now the return date is three weeks

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013...eeks-away-from-returning-to-regualr-practice/

Kobe Bryant Is 3 Weeks Away From Returning To Regular Practice

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Kobe Bryant is making steady progress in his injury recovery, although the Los Angeles Lakers star is likely still weeks away from a return to the court.

Before Friday night’s game with the San Antonio Spurs, Bryant said he’s running on flat ground “a little bit more aggressively” and improving the flexibility in his ankle. Bryant also works out regularly on a special treadmill at the Lakers’ training complex.

While Bryant isn’t projecting a return date, he has said he would need about three weeks of conditioning work before returning to practice. He thinks this week counts toward that total.

“This week it’s done pretty well, actually,” Bryant said. “It’s been OK. I’ve been able to push pretty hard and come back, push hard again. The recovery of it has been pretty good.”

The fourth-leading scorer in NBA history tore his Achilles tendon in April during a game against Golden State. He hasn’t practiced with the Lakers since then, but his concerns are more about his overall athleticism than the Achilles.

“It’s not anything to do with the tendon necessarily,” Bryant said. “It’s going from having the ankle locked up for so long. It wouldn’t move. You have that limited range of motion, I don’t have to tell you the domino effect that has on the other parts of the body.”

While he’s resting, Bryant is excited about the prospects for the Lakers, who are hoping to avoid missing the playoffs for just the second time in Bryant’s career, now in its 18th season.

Although Bryant is often doing rehabilitation work while his teammates practice, Bryant is spending his time on the shelf mentoring several young Lakers, specifically swingmen Nick Young, Wes Johnson and Xavier Henry. Bryant effusively praised Henry, saying he had no idea of Henry’s skills while the fourth-year swingman played for New Orleans.

Until he can get on the court with them, Bryant knows he must show patience — something not always thought to be his strength.

“That’s a misconception,” Bryant said. “There’s nothing I can do about it. I measure my injuries very well. If it’s something I can play through and it won’t get worse, I’ll play. If it’s something that will get worse, I have to make those decisions.”

That was a winnable game especially with no Timmy.

A younger Pau wouldve had a career game last night vs. Splitter and Baynes. :frown:

I know its not his fault he's getting older but its frustrating to watch him struggle.
He has zero lift and explosion on both sides of the floor.

Playing him with Shawne and not JHill makes him look even worse on defense/rebounding.

nash is gonna make a great coach one day maybe he will be an assistant for us soon

the first and second half were night and day. was really impressed with the defense in the first half

if they can learn to mesh, kobe x and swaggy p would be deadly on the floor together. young and kobe on the wings with x slashing, the 3 of them switching everything on defense with hill on the glass and pau in the paint. would take some time to develop but the potential is there

nash will be used just as he was used last year with kobe as the main ball handler. at this point, nash as a shooter > nash as the primary ball handler

Lakers should just sit Nash until he gets healthy. Blake and Farmar can hold the fort down while losing.

Someone tell me there's a young, defensive minded assistant coach that's ripe for a head coaching gig next season.

B.scott clearly is available...

realtalk,nailing jordan hill to the pine last night leaves me wondering what pringles' motives are.

Back
Top Bottom