[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Didnt catch the gm but heard the last 6 mins on the radio. I saw jchill didnt get in till the 4th..thats INEXCUSABLE. For a tm lacking athletic frontline players, that to me is beyond exclamation.

I see also that pribgles went with the backcourt of blake and meeks to close. Really?

Swaggy p has to get going. He was ballin in the preseason.....s.williams....I dunno,man...it looks like a failing experiment.

Pringles needs to have a set rotation and stop messin with young players heads. I know, u have to mix n match to find the right combos when nobody stands out, but u have to......psychologically, u just have to.

8-26 from 3's
That's the ball game right there IMO fellas. The bad thing about this system is that it has everyone thinking they got the green light to shoot 3's. Even though they statyed close, there were lots of bad shots tonight .

Oh ya, i've said it once and i'll say it again .Steve Nash is DONE. He needs to stop kidding himself. He came out aggressive in the first quarter but wasn't hitting anything. Then Tony Parker woke up in the 2nd quarter and started killing him. Then we hardly saw him in the 4th. That's reason Blake played so much tonight.

Do the right thing Steve and retire and the end of the year and save the Lakers money!!!

I bounced after Xavier split his head open :smh:

Seem like after that we lost our mojo, and I knew after we let the spurs cut into the lead it would be tough to win a close one

I hope the t-wolves don't keep balling like that all season. K love get to the playoffs it's a wrap :smh:

But lets be honest...farmar>blake in every aspect of the game.

the majority of mins should be..

farmar/swaggy/x/wes/meeks/nash/blake

Pau/hill/kaman/wiliams

forget units and worrying about a bench mobs..play ur starters majority of the time and still go 11 deep with set rotations.

farmar/swaggy/wes/hill/pau

6th man-x

blake and meeks-spotting up with blake occasionally "facilitating"

s.will to occasionally stretch the floor/spell hill

kaveman-spelling pau at C and occasionally pairing with pau on high low post sets for small periods.

nash-play occasionally.

8-26 from 3's
That's the ball game right there IMO fellas. The bad thing about this system is that it has everyone thinking they got the green light to shoot 3's. Even though they statyed close, there were lots of bad shots tonight .

Oh ya, i've said it once and i'll say it again .Steve Nash is DONE. He needs to stop kidding himself. He came out aggressive in the first quarter but wasn't hitting anything. Then Tony Parker woke up in the 2nd quarter and started killing him. Then we hardly saw him in the 4th. That's reason Blake played so much tonight.

Do the right thing Steve and retire and the end of the year and save the Lakers money!!!

Totally agree about Nash :lol:

And Wes be pulling 3s like he Peja :rofl:

no way nash retires, but we should plan how we build our team for next year around not using nash and just having him as a coach that plays in practices. blake's a solid back up, we need a real PG

i know what you mean, he's my favorite non laker ever and its not even close. wished his body would stop breaking down, i really want to see him win a chip here

He's one of the dudes who deserves a ring, and it's a shame he doesn't have one. Defensively, I can understand why people get on him, but he can still shoot at a high percentage, and get us like 12 and 8 a night. D'antoni just needs to get his subs right.

Last edited:

i know what you mean, he's my favorite non laker ever and its not even close. wished his body would stop breaking down, i really want to see him win a chip here
He's on of the dudes who deserves a ring, and it's a shame he doesn't have one. Defensively, I can understand why people get on him, but he can still shoot at a high percentage, and get us like 12 and 8 a night. D'antoni just needs to get his subs right.
imo steve nash's bad defense is one of the most overrated thing ever, most top pgs are bad at d. 

Nash won't be an effective player again b/c he can't play defense. As point guards age, it's only two things u can do to preserve and add years to your career once Father Time takes your legs from underneath you. Spread the floor as a spot up shooter and defend the bigger guards at the 2...

In his prime his was one of the worse perimeter defenders, now it's a joke that he's even out there on defense.

It's not slander. He just ain't cutting it out there. Now he's saying his quad got bumped a few times and it limited him. Every week another excuse or lil injury. Father Time has officially claimed another one.

Nash won't be an effective player again b/c he can't play defense. As point guards age, it's only two things u can do to preserve and add years to your career once Father Time takes your legs from underneath you. Spread the floor as a spot up shooter and defend the bigger guards at the 2...

In his prime his was one of the worse perimeter defenders, now it's a joke that he's even out there on defense.
its more important for nash to be a big impact on offence. look at the pgs today, kyree plays no d, lilard plays no d, cp is getting lit up by what ever pg gets thrown is way, curry plays no d

I love nashtys gm and always have..just can't bring it gm in, gm out, if at all...they say when u you'll know when its time..........when "it" falls off a table. The heart tells u one thing, youre body just doesn't respond anymore. Its heart wrenching. Everyone goes through it. Vin scully said it best.......sooner or later......they all go.

he must accept and excel in a lesser role or his career will end this season due to his body simply breaking down. Its up to nash himself,pringles and upper management to accept a lesser role/justify 8 mill per in doing so.

The Nash slander hurts my soul.

All of this. One of the best leaders and PG's of the last 10 years but father time is finally kicking down that door. He probably won't get a ring but Nash is one of those guys that's had a way better career than most people thought he would. In those Phoenix days he was a show. :pimp:

which one of those guys plays any D? 

All can guard there position. All create turn overs by playing passing lanes. Nash does neither....

And u speaking offense... All get in the paint; drawing fouls and create easy lay ups/dunks/put backs for others while getting their own 20-30 pts a night.

Nash can't even run with the second unit for 15-20 mins a game w/o a nagging injury popping up, it's a wrap jack

which one of those guys plays any D? 
All can guard there position. All create turn overs by playing passing lanes. Nash does neither....

And u speaking offense... All get in the paint; drawing fouls and create easy lay ups/dunks/put backs for others while getting their own 20-30 pts a night.

Nash can't even run with the second unit for 15-20 mins a game w/o a nagging injury popping up, it's a wrap jack
so farmar dropping 10+ in the 4th, curry almost dropping 40, IT almost dropping 30 on chris paul is guarding his position?

top pgs make up for their bad defense with great offence, which is what im saying. if nash can produce on offence, which he isnt right now, then who cares about his defense which every pg in the nba gets lit up anyways

Back
Top Bottom