[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
And I forgot to mention, Shaw just threw his team under the bus in a way I have very rarely seen in pro sports. His players might end up quitting on him if they haven't already with some of the stuff he said.

Denver was not the right place for Shaw to go. He seems like an old school guy who needs a few old dudes on the team that will co-sign whatever he says. I think he would have worked well with the Lakers. Kobe and him would have kept people in check.

Denver was not the right place for Shaw to go. He seems like an old school guy who needs a few old dudes on the team that will co-sign whatever he says. I think he would have worked well with the Lakers. Kobe and him would have kept people in check.
I don't know about Shaw. Phil wanted Shaw to be his successor, maybe cause he can implement Phil and Tex's system. I can't see Shaw making this team play better than what MDA has done so far. 

worst record in the west 
pimp.gif

started from here now we bottom  
pimp.gif

And I forgot to mention, Shaw just threw his team under the bus in a way I have very rarely seen in pro sports. His players might end up quitting on him if they haven't already with some of the stuff he said.

Was surprised when I read about that. Shows complete disconnect between the coaching staff and players there, and Shaw was supposed to be a players' coach too.

Was surprised when I read about that. Shows complete disconnect between the coaching staff and players there, and Shaw was supposed to be a players' coach too.
He thought he could just walk in there and turn them into "pros" overnight. The one vet he had (Andre Miller) that might have been able to police the locker room for him, he ran out. :lol:

Edit:

The Celtics. :smh:

Last edited:
Don't understand why Shaw tried to slow them down too when that was clearly their advantage (Youth, athletic, Mile High, etc) I mean even George Karl ran them into the playoffs lol.

Looks like we won't be able to leap frog Philly, Magic, Bucks, and Celtics in the race to bottom. If everyone (Embiid and Parker) stays in the draft, given we finish last lin the West, then worst case scenario a team jumps us in the draft order but we should still at least be selecting top 6 and get an Exum or Smart. If we fall out of the top 6 then no one is that intriguing to me anymore. Watched Vonleh's draft express scouting video and wasn't impressed.

I kind of warming up to Vonleh.

He has some Chris Bosh in him. At 6-7-8, I wouldn't complain about taking him.

Yea I do see some Bosh in him but Voleh seems very uncoordinated. Offensive moves aren't polished at all and his explosiveness and leaping ability leave a lot to be desired. One thing I do like about him is his high motor and he seems to give maximum effort both offensively and defensively, which could make him a useful role player at the very least. But I want something a little more than that after what we're going through this year lol.

Perhaps the league is learning to value first-round picks more appropriately, rather than “overvaluing” them.

Teams have indisputably gotten smarter in the past few years. Old-guard general managers are losing out to new-school types who combine traditional scouting knowledge with a comfort with analytics and, in some cases, a sophisticated market-based understanding of the NBA.

:smh:

Under a new CBA that cripples tax teams, the path to sustainable success comes via the melding of veteran players, draft picks, and salary flexibility.

The new CBA has scared even the glitzy teams with lucrative television deals; the Lakers worked hard to cut their tax bill for the second straight season

Pretty frustrating to see others around the league get it, but not Laker fans.

"The tax means nothing to the Lakers"

Under a new CBA that cripples tax teams

draft picks, and salary flexibility.

One God damn pick in a damn near 8-9 year stretch, and we give 48 million to a ******* 36 year old with high miles and a major injury. :smh:

the Lakers worked hard to cut their tax bill for the second straight season

And what did they do?

FAILED.

"Mitch didn't fail, he kept his group of expirings, the tax means nothing to the Lakers"

Under a new CBA that cripples tax teams

Old-guard general managers are losing out to new-school types who combine traditional scouting knowledge with a comfort with analytics and, in some cases, a sophisticated market-based understanding of the NBA.

What did I say the day of the trade deadline??????

"The new CBA is kicking Mitch's ***"

I know fellas, what does Zach Lowe know? He's nobody, he doesn't know things, go on, tell me that. I'm excited to hear it.

Last edited:
Even during the championship years, the Lakers were trying to save money from the luxury tax.

Word to the Chris Mihm, Sasha Vujacic and Vlad Radmanovic (though that ended up getting the Lakers Shannon Brown) trades.

Last edited:
I am relaxed.

I didn't even bring up those 2 ******* ridiculously stupid wins over the Celtics are keeping us out of being 3rd in the draft as of this moment. :smh:

But hey. When we draft the 6th or 7th best player, and the Celtics take Andrew Wiggins, at least we'll have those 2 wins to hold onto.

Even during the championship years, the Lakers were trying to save money from the luxury tax.

Word to the Chris Mihm, Sasha Vujacic and Vlad Radmanovic (though that ended up getting the Lakers Shannon Brown) trades.

Ssssshhhhh, "the Lakers don't care about the tax"

What do you want fans to do though? Jump off a bridge? Would that make you feel better?

:lol:

It's obvious Mitch and Jim dropped the ball. But what can we do about it?

Many of us have been saying this new regime is horrible.

Jerry wouldn't have dropped the ball this badly with what we all knew needed to be done before that trade deadline.

He wouldn't have.
But what can we do? Seems like we're stuck with Jim and Mitch the same way the Cowboys are stuck with Jerry Jones.

Rest in peace JB.

Cutting luxury tax bill when they get something back is different than cutting tax for nothing.

What he wanted was to cut the tax bill if there was something in return coming back.

That's why there was a Blake deal and not a Jordan Hill deal when the Nets wanted a pick in return.

Stop making the myth of Jerry Buss as a cop out. To say for certain he would have done different is guess work with nothing behind it.

Last edited:
What do you want fans to do though? Jump off a bridge? Would that make you feel better?

laugh.gif

It's obvious Mitch and Jim dropped the ball. But what can we do about it?

Many of us have been saying this new regime is horrible.

Jerry wouldn't have dropped the ball this badly with what we all knew needed to be done before that trade deadline.

He wouldn't have.
But what can we do? Seems like we're stuck with Jim and Mitch the same way the Cowboys are stuck with Jerry Jones.

Rest in peace JB.
You're making too much sense, b.

As much sense as I am making I have to admit it is a bit hypocritical to ask CP to relax and not be so hard on fans when I've lashed out at fans for various things myself.

So I'd like to man up and apologize for my moment of hypocrisy. I understand the feeling of SOME (not all) fans getting under my skin so I can't act as if I haven't ever expressed frustration when I have.

But on a positive note, I have made a small NT resolution to cut back on unnecessary rants about things I can't control and become a much more relaxed person and poster overall.

No matter what sense we make and how ever many times we reiterate the same points we just have to realize fans will be fans, trolls will be trolls, and Jim buss will be Jim buss. Nothing we can do about it other than to pray.

/end confession

As much sense as I am making I have to admit it is a bit hypocritical to ask CP to relax and not be so hard on fans when I've lashed out at fans for various things myself.

So I'd like to man up and apologize for my moment of hypocrisy. I understand the feeling of SOME (not all) fans getting under my skin so I can't act as if I haven't ever expressed frustration when I have.

But on a positive note, I have made a small NT resolution to cut back on unnecessary rants about things I can't control and become a much more relaxed person and poster overall.

No matter what sense we make and how ever many times we reiterate the same points we just have to realize fans will be fans, trolls will be trolls, and Jim buss will be Jim buss. Nothing we can do about it other than to pray.

/end confession
nerd.gif

Clapping-gif-tumblr-i19.gif

/end confession
Just messing w/ you, bruh. 
laugh.gif
Actually, no I'm not. I'm giving you a hard time because of a PM you sent a couple years ago. I'm still holding a grudge about that. 
mad.gif
It's just jokes, man. 
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom