[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
i'd keep bazemore but then again i think i just have a thing for athletic guards :wow:

he's not the guy with the highest iq on the court and his turnovers have always been a problem, but w/ more playing time, i think he could be okay. career high in pts under mda his first 2 games :pimp:

as a w's fan, i think bazemore would be able to put up some decent numbers under dantoni, since he would be able to play through his mistakes.
pretty solid defender (think he was the defensive player of the yr in his conf) and has gotten better with his offensive gm. not sure he can run the point though, which mark jackson was experimenting with at times

Last edited:
A Ws fan?

We don't get Ws; we 'bout them Ls. 
nthat.gif

Oh, you meant Warriors? Ain't no Warriors fans in here, bruh.

This is the 'My Lakers' thread. 
happy.gif

wink.gif

laugh.gif

Statistical incompatibility. 7 games versus 49 games. But if you must know it's 3-4. Would be similar to judging this team with Kobe (2-4) versus without . If you were judging it that way, this team would not win even 1 extra game if Kobe had played every single game this season, assuming he came back Game 1 was rusty, and took a handful of games to get back into things, which was what was beginning to happen versus Memphis where he got hurt.

What guys like you and CP, no one who wants us to sign Nick Young long term is saying give him 3 year / $24mil. No one is asking him to be the starting SF. But Nick Young at 3 year / $12mil, at best 6th man, is not stupid at all.

One of the biggest problems that a team faces is bench scoring. If you go 7 minutes in any quarter without scoring, because you can't put the ball in the basket because your team can't score, you will not only lose, but if it is a normal occurrence, you will never win a title. Nick Young does that. He is a high energy guy who can impact an offense. Yes, I would give you he has a couple of shots a game that he takes that are infuriating. But, he can also light fire unlike very few can in the NBA. No one calls him a savior, no one is saying he should be one of the 4 best players on your team. But if he's your 6th man, you could do a whole hell of a lot worse.

Also his production, is also on a crappy team, where he is asked to be the # 1 option on the perimeter. He is asked to force the issue, to create baskets for himself. On a good team, where his role is different, his numbers likely go down, but his efficiency goes up. Most NBA players get better playing around good players.

Nick Young is a guy who is willing to learn, who is a great energy guy, a good teammate, and good for the locker room. That's a pretty good combination.

Nick Young - 16.8ppg / 2.7 reb / 1.4 ast 13.4 shots per game .421/.352/.827 4.6 FTA per game 14.59PER

In comparison to some of the other SFs:
Jeff Green 16.8ppg/ 4.8 reb / 1.7 ast 14.0 shots per game .413/.354/.774 4.6 FTA per game 13.79PER (Nick Young even at $4mil would make $4.8 mil less)
Trevor Ariza 14.2ppg/6.5reb/ 2.7 ast 11.1 shots per game .444/.403/ .776 2.5 FTA per game 16.15PER (Nick Young at $4mil, $3.7mil less)
Wilson Chandler 14.0/ 4.7 / 1.8 12.0 shots per game .418/,362/.728 2.7 FTA per game 13.80 PER (Nick Young at $4mil, $2.3mil less)
Tyreke Evans 12.3/4.4/4.3 11.2 shots per game .402/.154/.783 3.9 FTA per game 17.21 PER (Nick Young at $4mil, $7.7mil less)
Corey Brewer 11.5/2.5/1.6 9.7 shots per game .461/.291/.727 2.3 FTA per game 11.44 PER (Nick Young at $4mil, $1mil less)

On defense (per 48 minutes):
Nick Young against SFs 17.0 ppg / 6.7 rpg / 4.0 apg .511 egf PER 12.6
Jeff Green against SFs 19.1ppg / 7.3rpg / 3.8 apg .503efg PER 14.0
Trevor Ariza against SFs 19.8 ppg / 8.1rpg / 3.8apg .548efg PER 16.3
Wilson Chandler against SFs 18.1ppg/ 5.9rpg / 4.0 apg .487efg PER 12.2
Tyreke Evans against SFs 18.5ppg/ 7.3 rpg / 3.3 apg .526 efg PER 15.0
Corey Brewer against SFs 16.5ppg / 7.2rpg / 3,0 apg .536 efg PER 16.5

On the Lakers:
Only Farmar, Henry & Shawne Williams have a better On Court, each of the 3 have logged a little more than half (Shawne), less than half (Henry), a third (Farmar) the minutes that Nick Young has played. The likelihood is their On court numbers will go down if they played the same amount of minutes.

If you look at On Court/Off Court Disparity. Nick Young is behind (Farmar, Henry & Williams). Again if they play the last month +, their numbers would go down.

There is about 10 SFs flat out better than him, without a doubt. 5 are elite status, a couple former All Stars, and a couple guys on the come up. But no one who likes Nick Young is arguing against that. Nick Young is a 6th man. Any one who like Nick Young, will be the first to admit it. Signing Nick Young long term (i.e. 3 years), is not stupid, not detrimental to any plans we have, not even illogical. Now if the Lakers offer him $7mil a year, I'm with you, but they won't because his market isn't even near that. Nick Young at $4mil average for 3 years is a good move.

But as will be expected, you'll disregard everything I just posted because, why wouldn't you.

So you would want jr smith on this team?

One thing statistics can hide is a selfish player. Nick young is that.

Willing to learn? Lol give me a break.

On a second unit a guy like nick young can ruin chemistry.

There is a reason not many teams wanted to sign him.

There is a reason teams could have him at a value with such great stats he puts up in the minutes he plays.

Yea so i am going to disregard what you have to say about nick young.

There is a reason this bum only averages 1 assist being the number one option on a crappy team

Last edited:
A Ws fan?

We don't get Ws; we 'bout them Ls. :nthat:

This is the 'My Lakers' thread. :D

:wink:  :lol:

this the kent bazemore thread from now on :smokin
this kid gonna notch a trip double by the end of the season

4 million a year, for 3 years, for a guy that does nothing but shoot, to the tune of 42%, on a garbage team?

And that's what you want?

Cuz last I checked, I want the Lakers to be great again, not 42% chuckers on crap teams.

Nick Young has been dropped by every single team he ever played for. The Wizards gave up on him. The Clippers canned him quick (with a very good team mind you) and the 76ers got rid of him pretty fast.

Now, as he's about to turn 29, we're supposed to want him around longer? :lol: :lol: :lol:

If Nick Young played for the Bobcats you wouldn't type 14 words about this guy, quit tryin to sell him as some decent pull. Come on man.

Give me Baze, MarShon, and whatever other junk within that same 4 million and we'll easily fill the Swaggy void. Brooks can get buckets, Baze can defend, we could even keep Wes and X in there possibly.

4 guys > Nick Young entering his 30's, doing one thing, and one thing only.

I shoulda just read on instead of replying to essential :lol: you are spot on

Ever since nick young been on lakers lakers fans act like dude just came in the league and is a star lol

Last edited:
A Ws fan?

We don't get Ws; we 'bout them Ls. 
nthat.gif

This is the 'My Lakers' thread. 
happy.gif
wink.gif

laugh.gif

this the kent bazemore thread from now on
smokin.gif

this kid gonna notch a trip double by the end of the season
Thank you, BazedGod. 
nthat.gif

Has nothing to do w/ age, and everything to do w/ "My Lakers, My Warriors"

says the titan, kentucky, la sparks, and god knows what other state fan...

but you keep beating that dead horse sir

im sure that jumpman kid is getting his jollies somewhere for you repeatedly using his old lame joke

i guess 50 year old men stealing snot nosed teenagers jokes is whats hot in the streets right now lol

Last edited:
You mentioned a bunch of teams in different leagues, tho.

Insult fail.

(I gotta be honest: it's so funny when you try to trade insults. Mostly because you're terrible at the trading part.)

laugh.gif

And I been clowning "My Lakers, My Warriors" since the first time I saw it. It's entirely possible that Jumpman saw me first.

Not that it matters.

Last edited:
i mean we do have X, bazemore and brooks now. thats 3 guys who can do exactly what young does

and seeing how easily we got all 4 of these guys im guessing there are another 10-15 other guys without jobs right now that can do what young does

if nick young is a vital part of our future plans we are not getting past the first round anytime soon 

Whos mad?

You the one who cant let go of the past.

If you are still mad at me for something i said to you in the past pm me.

Dont troll this thread with such a lame repetitive joke.

I know the teams i choose to support isnt that important to your life so there has to be a reason you keep copying jumpman kids joke and posting them in this thread.

Is it because you want me to get mad?

Like i said if u still mad for something i said in the past then pm me.

You are an administrator. You are contradicting yourself when you make this personal and then ban people for doing the same thing.

Last edited:
from an entertainment standpoint, i miss watching X attack the basket. good thing we have the Bazegawd on our side :pimp:

jodie just doesnt cut it

Whos mad?

You the one who cant let go of the past.

If you are still mad at me for something i said to you in the past pm me.

Dont troll this thread with such a lame repetitive joke.

I know the teams i choose to support isnt that important to your life so there has to be a reason you keep copying jumpman kids joke and posting them in this thread.

Is it because you want me to get mad?

Like i said if u still mad for something i said in the past then pm me.

You are an administrator. You are contradicting yourself when you make this personal and then ban people for doing the same thing.
Yep, u mad! 
roll.gif

I literally have no idea what PM you're talking about.

I wish I knew so I could respond with something like "Yeah I'm mad. You called me a blah, blah, blah."

But I literally have no clue.

But the fact that YOU remember... is GREAT.

Because it shows that you're not letting go of the past.

While trying to get at me for not letting go of the past.

And that would also be something personal... between you and me... which is also something you're trying to tell me not to do.

So you're not letting go of the past... while trying to get at me for not letting go of the past.

And telling me not to make it personal... while personalizing things.

AND THEN TELLING ME I'M CONTRADICTORY!!!

I would expect such inconsistencies from someone talking about "My Lakers, My Warriors", though. 
laugh.gif

(insult fails; insult fails everywhere!!)

Fight.gif

Noble vs. Ska fight summit at Staples Center?

CP brings the mountain dews, and I'll bring some boxes for essential and franc to stand on so they'd be able to see.

Theres no fight im just trying to understand where the **** is this guy coming from?

Like for no reason he will bring up lakers warriors out of the blue and im like the hell?

I know i use to be a **** on here and alot of members wont let it go but seriously ive lost track of what i did or said in the past to make dudes bitter and hold on to grudges :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom