[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Just because he ended up trading Kwame for Pau... does not justify the contract at all. Still a terrible move.

you must feel like arguing :lol:. kwame extension is still bad? not even sure Pau is possible without it, and it led to 3 finals. I would bet money he had solid info that Pau was available and even if he didn't, the extension made it possible to match contracts with a better player. it's like saying trading marc for pau was a bad move

Last edited:
those melo jacket pics have gotten old quick
ohwell.gif
how?

it was funny the first few times

plus you seem to post it like everyday
his name gets brought up everyday.

I shall continue to post.

dude isn't the answer.

neither is kevin love.
Who is?
A young gun, plus a mid- tier free agent i.e. eric bledsoe, or kyle lowry, plus k love plus kobe.

but I have a feeling that a lot of people are thinking that k love comes and immediately they'll get to the finals

^^^^ Love is a # 2 guy at best. I don't think that anyone in here genuinely believes that Love+Kobe are winning anything. Even a first round playoff series.

Last edited:
consensus is we draft a top quality guy to compliment kobe, we go after Love in 2015, then in 2016 we can go after a player to compliment love and our draft pick( who presumably has established himself) ...and thats the core going forward for 4-6 years

Sean Deveney ‏@SeanDeveney 1m
I did see somewhere that the @Suns are no longer interested in Jordan Hill. Not exactly true. "On the back-burner" is what I was told.

Mark Medina ‏@MarkG_Medina 25s

League source confirms @ESPNSteinLine report that Cavs are in mix for Hill. Suns and Mavericks too

Last edited:
Just because he ended up trading Kwame for Pau... does not justify the contract at all. Still a terrible move.

you must feel like arguing :lol:. kwame extension is still bad? not even sure Pau is possible without it, and it led to 3 finals. I would bet money he had solid info that Pau was available and even if he didn't, the extension made it possible to match contracts with a better player. it's like saying trading marc for pau was a bad move

Kwame Brown's contract led to Pau. Great.

But it wasn't some premeditated move. It was a dumb one that got saved by a shocking deal a few years down the line.

Mitch didn't get Kwame and his contract with the foresight of flipping it. How could he sit there with a talented Caron Butler, looking at KWAME BROWN, making $8-9 million a year for the next three years, and think "someone is gonna trade their star for this! Some day!"

If he did do that - sink all that money and trade talent for a bust with a big contract, hoping for an off chance some star player would become available for trade - THAT would make him a bad GM.

That's like saying he should sign Sacre to a $16mil/year extension next year just in case the Wolves want to dump Kevin Love for an expiring contract.

He got Kwame Brown because he wanted a defensive post player. And that is a bad move.

Last edited:
^ I remember one of Phil Jackson's specific requests was a low-post defender.

Mitch's solution was to go out and trade for Kwame Brown.

Not exactly the greatest solution.

kwame was getting booed off the floor at staples at the time and I think they already had Bynum so there goes the defensive center explanation. the amount and duration of his contract (along with aaron mckie and other contracts) matched perfectly with pau who was playing in a team with ties to mitch's friend and mentor jerry west. if it wasn't premeditated, it sure looked like it

it was a risk that needed to be taken.

former top pick was available and mitch thought phil could mold him. dude couldnt handle criticism or a bounce/chest/lob/toss pass

seems like you guys are talking about the caron trade. I'm talking about years later when Kwame was about to expire and got extended (if I'm not mistaken) after proving without a doubt that he would not turn his career around. that's the reason it was such a head scratcher at the time. also think he had a bum ankle when he was extended

Last edited:

Kwame Brown's contract led to Pau. Great.

But it wasn't some premeditated move. It was a dumb one that got saved by a shocking deal a few years down the line.

Mitch didn't get Kwame and his contract with the foresight of flipping it. How could he sit there with a talented Caron Butler, looking at KWAME BROWN, making $8-9 million a year for the next three years, and think "someone is gonna trade their star for this! Some day!"

If he did do that - sink all that money and trade talent for a bust with a big contract, hoping for an off chance some star player would become available for trade - THAT would make him a bad GM.

That's like saying he should sign Sacre to a $16mil/year extension next year just in case the Wolves want to dump Kevin Love for an expiring contract.

He got Kwame Brown because he wanted a defensive post player. And that is a bad move.

Try hand puppets man, or paint by numbers. You gettin too technical for some folks. Hold their hand, bring them milk....

:lol:

it was a risk that needed to be taken.
former top pick was available and mitch thought phil could mold him. dude couldnt handle criticism or a bounce/chest/lob/toss pass

That's what I'm trying to get at.

That's the reason Mitch made the trade, to take that risk. (We just know it didn't work out that way - making it a bad move. Just so happens the Pau trade came along to salvage the mistake).

seems like you guys are talking about the caron trade. I'm talking about years later when Kwame was about to expire and got extended (if I'm not mistaken) after proving without a doubt that he would not turn his career around. that's the reason it was such a head scratcher at the time
You're getting mixed up.

Mitch got Kwame in a S&T in 2005, where Kwame signed a new three-year contract and was traded for Caron and Atkins. That's the only deal Mitch ever gave him, and that's what expired in 2008.

You probably remember it being a head-scratcher because people were high on a young Caron, and Kwame was already labeled a bust four years into his career.

There was definitely never a point where Kwame wasn't gonna work, and Mitch still gave him an extension, hoping to trade him :lol:

The booing you probably remember was right before he was traded for Pau, in a game against the Suns.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom