[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters

I think the last time two superstars went at it against each other in their prime was Magic vs Bird.
I mean the Bulls vs Knicks and Bulls vs Pacers were some amazing series but Jordan never had any rivals.

Kobe's prime - 2000 to 2010
Lebron prime - 2006 to present

I wish they meet in the finals in 2008 or 2009.

Anyone else watch the Magic/Bird special on ESPN? Kobe's personality reminds me of Bird and Lebron was more like Magic. Not their game but their personality, how one is social and the other is to himself and just wants to win.

nickyl2e92.gif

Young's 'swag' obviously has a positive effect on team chemistry.

And he's having fun.

If it weren't for BOOOTH of those things, I'd hate him.

*shrugs*

laugh.gif

Lebron has always been a special player but he probably wasn't in his prime until 2008-09, so we really only had two shots at seeing Kobe and Bron match up in something close to the peak of their careers. Even then, Bron was still scared of the bigger moments, and Kobe was on his way down (he barely survived 2010 with all the "knee drains").

And Antawn was wearing the white Adidas Kobe's yesterday because I think they're coming out again. Shumpert has worn them too.

I think the last time two superstars went at it against each other in their prime was Magic vs Bird.
I mean the Bulls vs Knicks and Bulls vs Pacers were some amazing series but Jordan never had any rivals.

Kobe's prime - 2000 to 2010
Lebron prime - 2006 to present

I wish they meet in the finals in 2008 or 2009.

Anyone else watch the Magic/Bird special on ESPN? Kobe's personality reminds me of Bird and Lebron was more like Magic. Not their game but their personality, how one is social and the other is to himself and just wants to win.
hakeem vs david robenson comes to mind

if you liked the magic bird special you should read "when the game was ours", one of my favorite sports books

the dream team book that came out last year is good too

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom