[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
its not even his second game back and we have yet to see how effective kobe can be at running the offence 

but I think this "magic bryant" idea would be better suited for the triangle

rather than putting so much thought and energy into creating for teammates he should be playing the nick young/x henry/joe johnson in phx role for us

that doesnt mean ball hog and ball stop, it means get the ball, score if you can, if not pass it to the next guy

the great thing about dantoni's system is that it makes point guards great

felton went from being an average guard to a borderline all star

lin went from nobody to getting over paid by the rockets

nash went from a very good pg to 2 mvps

steve blake went from second coming of christ  a solid back up to a starter averaging a near double double 10+ points 9 assists

kobe is smart enough to be effective in any role we give him, imo its better for him to focus on scoring while his usage rate goes way down rather than have him focus on running the offense 

as we have seen, the offense runs great without him. with him we have that same offense + one of the greatest scorers of all time

with blake/farmar/whatever pg we are looking to be getting in the future, we wont need kobe to be point guard. 

ideally kobe should be getting around 20 ppg on 11 fga while steve blake/who ever is our starting pg in the future is getting 8+ apg off the dantoni system

actually, if he can improve his game and get 26 ppg on 11 fga and shoot the highest % on the team then he wouldnt need any assists 

in fact everyone on the team should be passing him the ball every time

you forgot the 11 assists to go with his 11 fga for 22 ppg
Who said that, though? I never said they should MATCH.

actually, if he can improve his game and get 26 ppg on 11 fga and shoot the highest % on the team then he wouldnt need any assists 

in fact everyone on the team should be passing him the ball every time
That's NOT... what I SAAAAAAIIIIDDD!!! 
mad.gif

mad.gif
 I said that if someone was dominating the league, then... screw it, I wouldn't hold their assists #s against them if they were low. 26 on 11 shots w/ the highest % on your team isn't exactly destroying the league.
laugh.gif

We all saw Lowry the other night. 23-5-8 with 3 steals and 8 of 13 shooting.

And now a look at Kevin Love's work.

5. Kevin Love, Minnesota Timberwolves

Take LaMarcus Aldridge's scoring, Dwight Howard's rebounding, Marc Gasol's passing and Redick's 3-point shooting, and what do you get? Kevin Love. The 25-year-old has entered his prime with these season averages: 23.7 points, 13.6 rebounds, 4.1 assists while shooting above average from downtown. Yes, the NBA's leading rebounder also makes more than two 3-pointers per game. That's absurd.

What's also absurd is that people still gripe that he's not a great defender and therefore doesn't belong in this discussion. Perfection is apparently the standard. Love is a legitimate MVP candidate even if his team hovers around .500. Want to know why? Because the Timberwolves are getting outscored by 19.1 points per 100 possessions with Love off the floor, according to NBA.com data. I reiterate: 19.1 points. That's horrible. To put that in perspective, the Utah Jazz are looking at a minus-11.9 differential right now.

The Timberwolves are paper-thin in the frontcourt, and Ricky Rubio would still look to pass in a game of one-on-one. But these factors are out of Love's control and shouldn't undermine his MVP candidacy. Rather than pointing to the Timberwolves' lukewarm record, realize that they'd be an absolute mess without Love's wide-ranging talents. That's pure value

It is engrained into our minds that your FGA and your assists should always be fairly close to each other. No, it's absolutely not an old school thing, because this is still taught in basketball worlds today, at all levels.

RKEKYB9.gif

close enough

Last edited:
I dont think it crazy to believe that Kevin Love and Melo will be a Laker next season and potentially Westbrook later down the road...UCLA connection

how would we go about getting love next season 
nerd.gif

wouldnt that fall under the category of "why give up assets for a player that we can get by waiting until the offseason?"

I dont think it crazy to believe that Kevin Love and Melo will be a Laker next season and potentially Westbrook later down the road...UCLA connection
It's crazy and impossible with Kobe making $48 million ******* dollars until 2016.

Last edited:
one more exam and im done for the year 
happy.gif

will finish up just in time to get back for the lakers game tonight

then its off to shanghai in two days so hopefully ill be able to pick up some kobe2/3/4s while im there (way easier to get limited shoes over there than it is here)

They're giving out some pretty dope Nike shirts for tonight's game. "BLACK OUT - show us again" where the A is a snake.

I'm ok with them stopping all the marketing crap.

Market Figueroa or shut the **** up please.

I've felt for quite some time that Love and Russy will end up in purple and gold after their current teams.

Back
Top Bottom