[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
will his speed come back? as he gets more conditioned and in better shape? I mean I know the boom and lift is different, dude didnt even get off the floor for jumpers. A 35 year old body can change a lot in 8 months :frown:

truth be told, we would've won if my dud was comfy playing 15-18 min last night instead of 28. Like, yea you want to appease the fans as a coach, but we tryna get these W's yes? But I guess if dude doesnt play, he'll never get right, so we gotta endure these early performances so dude can get busy later. once the rhythm and feel comes back, I'm hoping we see the guy we used to know. He doesnt have to kill, just be solid with the core we already have. Before he got back yesterday, it occured to me, for the first time in...forever it seems, I've been comfortable with this team not having a superstar, and just a core of guys that give max effort nightly and put that work in. A blue collar team, with not divas, no egos. Imagine that.

Kobe didn't even look bad physically. He was skying for some rebounds, and was playing some good D for short periods.

The problem was his decisions, he was trying too hard to be a facilitator.

no more makeagif.com 
pimp.gif

bonus faster version:
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

eek.gif

nthat.gif

Y'all dudes, man. 

Kobe Johnson
Magic Bryant
Kobe looking to facilitate. His passes have been on point
smokin.gif
Ska must be so happy right now
Happy? No. We lost.

But my feelings on Kobe's return performance?

He comes back like that, it will have better long term implications. All that standing around will stop.

I guarantee on that hockey assist (Kobe to Blake to... was Wes the finisher?), he knew that Blake wasn't shooting that and that someone was rimcutting hard, but that HE didn't have the best angle to feed [rimcutter], but that Blake would have a perfect angle.

Guarantee he knew all that.

Forced shot, with someone on the other side of the paint and someone else cutting to the rim? Nope.

Pass to the guy on the other side of the paint, then chew his *** for not shooting and getting you a dime? Nope.

Hockey assist. 
smokin.gif

I approve. We lost, but I loved what I saw from him.

Minus the turnovers. Like someone pointed out... 8 TOs in 28 minutes is... YIKES. 
laugh.gif
 Just chalk that up to timing, and literally just now playing with some of these dudes in a realtime setting (not practice).

Last edited:
People are over analyzing Kobe's performance and feeding into the espn story lines :lol:

Athletically, he looked fine.

The 9pts, the guy is a rhythm scorer that wasn't looking to score :lol:. From a basketball perspective dude was CLEARLY trying to run/learn the offense, reading defenses, and looking to get guys in the right spots on the floor.

He tried to run the pick and roll with Pau b/c he's comfortable with Pau's tendacies off the role, it's just that Pau was playing so half hearted :lol:

Earlier I said I'd take Zbo... Scratch that, give me Melo in some wild 3 team trade scenario :lol:... Hill/Melo/Wes/Kobe/Farmar (healthy) b4 Christmas... Blake/P/X/Meeks/Bob/ off the oak :smokin

actually i wouldnt mind getting melo, kobe can out him in his place mentally and get him the ball in his spots.

Athletically, he looked fine.

The 9pts, the guy is a rhythm scorer that wasn't looking to score
laugh.gif
. From a basketball perspective dude was CLEARLY trying to run/learn the offense, reading defenses, and looking to get guys in the right spots on the floor.

He tried to run the pick and roll with Pau b/c he's comfortable with Pau's tendacies off the role, it's just that Pau was playing so half hearted
laugh.gif
What he said.

All o' that.

actually i wouldnt mind getting melo, kobe can out him in his place mentally and get him the ball in his spots.
Nah man. Keep Melo far away from LA as possible.

tumblr_miaq53MTBX1qze24lo1_r1_400.gif
Yeah, that.

If Kobe plays this Magic Mamba role... facilitating sometimes, take over other times... it will work with our most productive guys, (read: everyone but the 3 old guys). But if we add Melo, that would screw it all up.

Our most productive guys hustle, have fun, and need veteran leadership. There is only one aspect of Melo's game that coule be considered hustling: the occasional '3 rebounds under the rim amidst multiple defenders that leads to an impressive under the rim bucket.' And as much as I like seeing those moments from him (which, granted, are REALLY impressive), that's not an ENTIRE GAME. Those are just what I said: moments. Our guys are out there CONSTANTLY working, and having fun doing it.

No part of Melo's game is 'constant hustle, fun, defers to veteran leadership... or anyone'

Last edited:
i like that kobe is trying to fit in and move the ball around, given time teammates will learn how to play around him and turnovers will go down

80% of kobe's ball stoppage last night was the team waiting for pau to set a screen 
mean.gif

i noticed when time was ticking down, even when the ball moves, it always finds kobe with 3-5 seconds left in the shot clock

he would then try to slip a pass like no one would notice

Last edited:
Kobe looked good, real good.

Now if we can just get caveman back into the lineup, well be title bound.

Melo gets a bad rep :lol:

I think Melo is exactly what Kobe needs at this stage of his career especially if he intends to be a 20/7/6... A scorer, that can get the line, force double teams, and close games.

No one's saying... well, I'M not saying... Melo's a terrible basketball player. I'm not ripping him like I have Dwight. I'm not done w/ him like I am Pau.

Just saying what he brings to the table isn't conducive to what I think out current roster needs to be GREAT; not just 'a nice squad', but GREAT.

Now, I could also hold the opinion that what he brings to the table won't make any team great, (Olympics Melo =/= NBA Melo) but that's not for this thread. 
wink.gif

melo is a very good player that can help out any team that he is on

HOWEVER

he is not worth one of our max contracts, if we didnt have kobe then maybe he would be worth it

but when you have more than one high usage scorer on your team you're going to see diminishing returns.

i posed the question a while back. any chance the lakers go after asik?

Back
Top Bottom