[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
After thinking about it the past 24 hours I think this post right here makes total sense. Not to mention that Kobe as a financial asset to the organization (not the basketball team) is a cash cow so this is the right move.

It's over now and we're going to live with it for two more years. After looking at all the blunders of this organization in the last few years this contract for Kobe might looks to be a solid business move even though we're not happy about it as basketball fans.

Yeah I agree.

And we just got to face it that without Dr. Buss around anymore the Lakers ownership is basically learning on the fly and especially Jim Buss is trying to make a name for himself in the NBA as a owner & GM.

The writing on wall was there for awhile now and it started after Phil's 2nd and final run as coach of the Lakers.

Magic knew the same and that's why he's been firing shots @ Jim Buss and practically begging Jim to hire someone besides Mitch Kupchak to help him make basketball related player personnel moves.

Last edited:
Im not mad at the deal Kobe got. It's 2 years, not 4 or 5. The last time we saw him he was playing great and if he can stay at that level for 2 years I'm good with it. It all depends on how he looks when he comes back.

The Melo bashing amazes me. Y'all make it seem like he's trash when he's not. If Kobe wasn't so demanding of the ball, I'd love for dude to be here.

only other players who will draw crowds besides kobe is KD , rose, and lebron as of now. lol i guess they are trying to send a message to one of those players to sign with us?

Last edited:
The Melo bashing amazes me. Y'all make it seem like he's trash when he's not. If Kobe wasn't so demanding of the ball, I'd love for dude to be here.

..... and Kob adores Melo. I don't remember how many positive comments I read Kobe said about Melo during the Olympics.

With that being said..... not on my team. I like winning too much.

But he is. 
laugh.gif

I mean, if Dwight wasn't *****-made, I'd love him here.

If JR Smith wasn't so trigger happy, he'd be great.

But they are. Gotta go with what is, not what isn't.

Mitch Kupchak on giving Kobe two-year extension worth $48 million: "I don't think its any doubt we'll play in this league at a high level."

This is like the 4th year in a row he says something similar. We all know these dudes have not played at a high level since 2010 and will not play at a high level this year either.

To speak on what Lynchpin touched on, LA is also gambling in the way they are treating their star.

It's an approach angle.

Look at Boston, Paul Pierce won us a title, played forever, and we traded him when he got old.

LA after trading Shaq, now is going to try and say look at Kobe, he worked hard, we won titles, we will treat him right. That could be you Superstar X.

It's a sales pitch.

Maybe not for this team, this group, but in the upcoming future, that's something they can sell. Kill yourself workin for us, makes us butt loads of money, and we will treat you right later.

It's a gamble. It slows down our window for rebuilding. Rather than a whole new team next year, they may try to slowly bleed it out a year or two, grab any cheap asset they can, maybe a trade here or there, and then by 2016, then they will unveil a completely brand new squad.

2015-16 will be the whole Mariano Rivera, final appearance at this stadium, that stadium, etc etc nationwide tour for Kobe, Lakers will be in the news all year off that, just like the Yankees were this year. Then in 2016, they open the doors and ask, who wants to be next?

Like I said, a gamble. If a star sees that, and likes it, they come on board. If a star don't care about that, and just wants to get paid, women, less taxes, play with his buddies, etc, then maybe they won't come on board.

We'll see how it plays out. I for one, wanted to begin rebuilding the team this off season, with an eye towards a completed team ready to go by 2016. Now the 2016 team will likely be the start of the new era. :smh:

i was thinking the same thing yesterday after i repeatedly put my head through my computer screen the whole day...

I mean it is the only positive to come out of this.

do we have a first rounder for 2015 or 2016?

2015 first round draft pick to Phoenix
L.A. Lakers' 1st round pick to Phoenix protected for selections 1-5 in 2015, 1-3 in 2016 or 1-3 in 2017 or unprotected in 2018 [L.A. Lakers-Phoenix, 7/11/2012]

2016 we still have

Last edited:

if..... you will be saying that the whole time if melo came here...

2015 first round draft pick to Phoenix
L.A. Lakers' 1st round pick to Phoenix protected for selections 1-5 in 2015, 1-3 in 2016 or 1-3 in 2017 or unprotected in 2018 [L.A. Lakers-Phoenix, 7/11/2012]

2016 we still have

damn thats so confusing lol

^ Dude, that's exactly how I am when all the trade/CBA/contract talk is going on.

"We can trade for this guy if he ends up below a certain # in the draft because we have those draft rights. UUNNNLLLESSSS it's before 6pm on a Tuesday, then it's Boston's call. But fortunately, we have a provision that allows us to offer more money every other Monday and no other team can match it. And if he has more than 8 touchdown, 7 stolen bases, and 1,000 points, then we can actually double everyone else's offer, and that money won't count against the CBA or our CSI: LOLOMG status."

That's pretty much what I read whenever 'they' post about the logistics of everything. 

Last edited:
Seriously here is how I would react to this:

View media item 669863

View media item 669864

That's the same reaction I had when Pringles got hired.
Seriously here is how I would react to this:

View media item 669863

View media item 669864

That's the same reaction I had when [COLOR=#red]Mike Brown got hired. Then again when we traded for Steve Nash. Then once again when we passed on Phil Jackson and[/COLOR] Pringles got hired.

[COLOR=#red]Fixed[/COLOR]

damn thats so confusing lol

lol to break it down for others

in 2015 if we win 1-5 lotto we keep the pick and our 2016 1st round goes to Phoenix.

if in 2016 we win 1-3 lotto we keep the pick and our 2017 1st round goes to Phoenix

etc etc until 2018 no matter what we get it belongs to Phoenix

however if in 2015 we dont get 1-5 then Phoenix gets our 1st round pick and we dont owe them anything

Last edited:
Mitch Kupchak on giving Kobe two-year extension worth $48 million: "I don't think its any doubt we'll play in this league at a high level."

This is like the 4th year in a row he says something similar. We all know these dudes have not played at a high level since 2010 and will not play at a high level this year either.

Check Kobe's stats from last year 27.3 ppg, 6 Ast per game, 5 rebounds per game.

Source:

http://www.nba.com/lakers/stats/2012

Last edited:

^ Dude, that's exactly how I am when all the trade/CBA/contract talk is going on.

"We can trade for this guy if he ends up below a certain # in the draft because we have those draft rights. UUNNNLLLESSSS it's before 6pm on a Tuesday, then it's Boston's call. But fortunately, we have a provision that allows us to offer more money every other Monday and no other team can match it. And if he has more than 8 touchdown, 7 stolen bases, and 1,000 points, then we can actually double everyone else's offer, and that money won't count against the CBA or our CSI: LOLOMG status."

That's pretty much what I read whenever 'they' post about the logistics of everything.
ska be like:

Back
Top Bottom