[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Welp, it's been real, gents.

#whatbench?

#riggin4wiggins

#sorry4jabari

titanic-violins-1-o.gif

I told y'all ...I told y'all I lost my faith in Pau 3 years ago.

I am glad to see Pau is being a team player and investing in our future for the draft by playing like his normal self :D
Way to go Pau!! :smokin

The Dark Knight returns???
naw naw....

THE BLACK MAMBA RETURNS

I told y'all ...I told y'all I lost my faith in Pau 3 years ago.

I am glad to see Pau is being a team player and investing in our future for the draft by playing like his normal self
happy.gif

Way to go Pau!!
smokin.gif

The Dark Knight returns???
naw naw....

THE BLACK MAMBA RETURNS
not sure how kobe will play when he gets back but if nash would suck it up, our big three of nash-kobe-pau should be able to lead us to a top 3 pick

For the record, the reason I'm expressing despair w/ Kobe's return isn't just because I'm all anti-Kobe. Look, if he wins a championship w/ his current team, then my Lakers hang another banner for the Clippers to worry about covering up (have they hung up a selfie for Crawford yet?).

So I definitely want him to win another one. Hell, another 2, 3, 4... whatever, as long as it's w/ us. 
laugh.gif

And personally, I just don't think rushing back is conducive to his future hardware collection. 
ohwell.gif
 Take your time. Nash sucks, Pau is ghost (no Call of Duty), and our bench is developing nicely. Let those things play out, call this season a wash, and come back as strong as possible, not as quick as possible.

Last edited:
My only dream is for Kobe to return in rare Vino form and average about 28PPG & 10Rbs per game & cook every SG/SF that tries to guard him
all while we plummet to a 30 games won season ...causing for everyone to be let go except for Hill,X,Blake, Farmar, & Kurt Rambis (He can stay on our new coaches staff) everyone else can get the can, Nash retires, we get a top 10 pick. That to me is a pretty damn successful season :smokin

On the inside I am really depressed by all of this :smh:

Kobe knows his defense is needed for us to get that top tier draft pick.

Yet another gift to our franchise from him. If we land a top 5 pick because of his defense this year, he should get two statues.

if only we were able to resign dwight, then we wouldnt have to worry about the possibility of not getting a top 5 pick

My only dream is for Kobe to return in rare Vino form and average about 28PPG & 10Rbs per game & cook every SG/SF that tries to guard him
all while we plummet to a 30 games won season ...causing for everyone to be let go except for Hill,X,Blake, Farmar, & Kurt Rambis (He can stay on our new coaches staff) everyone else can get the can, Nash retires, we get a top 10 pick. That to me is a pretty damn successful season
smokin.gif

On the inside I am really depressed by all of this
mean.gif
I'm w/ that.

Fine tuning the details, Kobe's not averaging 28/10 my man. 

Last edited:
If Kobe thought he had teammates that could realistically help him win a Chip this year he'd already be back IMHO.

I think this is as close to "taking his time" as it's ever going to get for Kobe Bryant.

Like he said, if these were the playoffs he'd be playing. That can also be translated to, if these games meant anything AT ALL id be on the court.

I think Kobe's looking forward to 2014 just as much as many Laker fans are.

IMHO of course.

With him coming back this soon. Say first week of December, I honestly expect him to pull up lame with something else by January.

The opposite knee. Or a hamstring. Something else in his legs that will over-compensate for his achilles and cause him even more problems than the actual injury itself.

See, Derrick Rose with a hammy last week. And every other football player that rehabs something, comes back, and injures something else right away.

When he's on, he'll be fine. We'll even see glimpses of the old Kobe. Dude will get buckets when he's 73, it's his DNA, but he'll also play defense like he's 73, at 35, and that's what I'm counting on. :pimp:

If Kobe thought he had teammates that could realistically help him win a Chip this year he'd already be back IMHO.

I think this is as close to "taking his time" as it's ever going to get for Kobe Bryant.

Like he said, if these were the playoffs he'd be playing. That can also be translated to, if these games meant anything AT ALL id be on the court.

I think Kobe's looking forward to 2014 just as much as many Laker fans are.

IMHO of course.

Agreed.

But he better be lookin forward to that 2014 5 million a year salary too, otherwise he can take a walk.

I clearly started my comments off by saying MY ONLY DREAM......lol

I do think that Kobe could go out and average 28PPG and the 10 Rebounds was me just being loopy off this :smokin ....

I digress....anyway if somehow Kobe can do exceptionally well, play no defense (as he usually does), while we land in the lottery
I seriously think thats a win/win across the board. Because if we aint at least competing for the Western Conference Finals then
its a waste of time.

PS. Our bench is looking damn good. Actually proud of those boys Bench MOB V2

So since Kobe's not taking $5mil, which team do you think is going to be his next?

I say Clippers.

if the clippers pay more than 10 m a year for kobe i will consider it kobe's final gift to us

mean.gif
 knowing the clippers they would lose in the first round three years in a row and put a kobe clippers statue up next to our lakers one 

I could see that (Knicks).

I just...

I like the odds that he averages 10 boards (JaffeJo: c'mon, son) than the odds that he signs a piece of paper saying he'll take $5mil per.

No way.

Last edited:
Good point on him goin to the Clippers, they could put a Kobe selfie in front of the banners he helped raise. Would be like he completely owned the Staples Center from all angles. :lol:

Honestly, bro, if he were to go to the Clippers, I think they win a championship.

I think they're one of those classic teams that fit one of the cliche sports descriptions: "All the pieces, all the talent... but no 'it' guy, no leader, no experienced cuttroat finisher."

Enter: Kobe.

Back
Top Bottom