[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
compete hard, players show heart and grit but come up just short in the end...

what an ideal game :smokin

I mean, I'm probably happier about this Memphis win than he is, but don't come in the Laker thread and post smiley's & ****. The Laker fans that wanted this game don't need to see that crap.

Figured a mod would know that.

He did it last season.
Except last seasons was worse.

Far more than an emoticon. Actual trash talk and rubbing it in.

It rustled my jimmies. We exchanged a few mature pms and he apologized and said he meant no harm.

...but here we are again.

×=#! Gets emotional.

Watching these guys lose close games I know they coulda won with 24 in the lineup chaps my hide. And then listening to all these flop city/heat fans basque in our misfortune makes me wanna punch a wall.

×=#! Gets emotional.

Watching these guys lose close games I know they coulda won with 24 in the lineup chaps my hide. And then listening to all these flop city/heat fans basque in our misfortune makes me wanna punch a wall.
where are these clippers/heat fans that are talking?

All in my face...friends, work, social networks.

Either way, I just want my boys to notch some Ws.

I really think Kobe has either overestimated recovery or is pulling a d rose.

These guys arent tanking (on purpose). I love the way they play....hard.

Whats not to like except the results...I guess its wait another 2 weeks and look for the man to start shooting actual jumoshots.

All in my face...friends, work, social networks.

Either way, I just want my boys to notch some Ws.

I really think Kobe has either overestimated recovery or is pulling a d rose.

These guys arent tanking (on purpose). I love the way they play....hard.

Whats not to like except the results...I guess its wait another 2 weeks and look for the man to start shooting actual jumoshots.
"I feel like I'm ahead of schedule," Bryant told former teammate Rick Fox  in an interview for NBA TV on Friday. "If there was a playoff game tonight, I'd play. I'd play. I don't know how effective I'd be, but I would play.

"The fadeaway still works, the ballhandling, being able to post. Those are things that I can do right now. But it's not the playoffs, thank god."

i just learn to enjoy the back and forth between fans of rival teams, dont worry we will be on top again very soon (not this season)

Kobe's window to do something is very, very, very small.

Say they ok him to practice tomorrow. Needs 3 weeks to ramp up, run normal, get "in shape" etc.

We're 4-7 right now. In 3 weeks we could be in a 6-14 type range. Why would Kobe come back with 60 games to go already 7-8-9 games under .500? So he can go thru last year all over again, only worse?

Thats IF he got the ok tomorrow. If we go on any sort of skid, I gotta believe the team, and he, knows he needs to slow it down.

He'll come back for passing MJ, but make another desperate run, after what it cost him last season? I don't see it.

He has to be smart and think of the next 3 years rather than just this one. It's a trade off he's gonna have to live with.

Work out, get back in practice, get back in the game to test himself, build strength, compile the numbers he wants to pass certain milestones, be 100% again for next year and beyond.

That should be his plan.

a PERFECT season would be for kobe to come back, we continue losing every game while he puts up 30 ppg and resting his legs by not even bothering to cross half court to play defense. we draft jabari, as soon as he gets home from draft night he sees a phone message from his new teammate kobe asking him to work out through out the summer starting tomorrow morning. 

Team is competing without a #1 scorer, and a #2 scorer., Have enough pieces and energy to win a good amount of games in comparison to teams not having 1 or 2 punch.

Kobe would probably have changed the outcome of 2 losses.

Just another thing about trying to tank.. Not judging it, but the East will make it extremely hard to get a higher pick.. No matter how horrendous you are. It's possible that 8-10 teams will finish the season at .450 win percentage or less in the East alone.

Last edited:
kobe just needs to rest until after all star break.

the guy is old as dirt and you guys wanna rush him back to play with trash, rejects, and degenerates who arent even gonna be on the roster next year? :lol:

and every draft position counts

drafting at 11, 12, or 13 is a helluva lot better than drafting at 14, 15, or 16

Last edited:
kobe just needs to rest until after all star break.

the guy is old as dirt and you guys wanna rush him back to play with trash, rejects, and degenerates who arent even gonna be on the roster next year? :lol:

and every draft position counts

drafting at 11, 12, or 13 is a helluva lot better than drafting at 14, 15, or 16

I wouldn't be surprised if Lakers try to keep this bench. Like it or not those guys are really good.

If D'Antoni turns Wes Johnson and Xavier Henry into viable rotation players, that's as triumphant as a NBA championship in my book.

karen+from+office+unsure+shrug.gif

Happy for Jodie

I'm beginning to wonder if these guys are balling out b/c they all playing for new contracts :lol:

But then what's Pau's excuse :stoneface:

You know? I'm really hoping its conditioning related to the surgery. He didn't start practicing until last month, right? His rebounding has been encouraging but he def should be shouldering the scoring weight.

You know? I'm really hoping its conditioning related to the surgery. He didn't start practicing until last month, right? His rebounding has been encouraging but he def should be shouldering the scoring weight.

If you look at career high in Offensive Rebounding for Pau, it's 3.7. In his best years, he was slightly above 3 Offensive Rebounds.. He's at 1.6 Off Rebounds this year. Means he is nowhere near the basket.

He needs to get his *** near the basket.. And play on offense. He's shooting 39.3% from inside the arc. He is shooting as much as he did 4 years ago. Just shooting from the middle of nowhere.

If Pau gets near the hoop and stop being a vagina.. He will score more, his % will go up, and he will actually get more rebounds.

I blame MDA for 0 of this.

Last edited:
Well said. I'd been looking at aggregates, so no argument then. Hopefully he can get it together. :-/

Back
Top Bottom