[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Haha, I hope Mitch was tuned in last night getting an glimpse at the market during the game.

kykQrij.gif

Lakers ******g up. Man Parker and Wiggins :x :x TEAM NO MORE WINS PLEASE

Tonight should be a good indicator of what this group wants to do.
our team seems as divided as we are in this thread, one night we look like we are ready to contend of a title (I know I'm reaching) and two days later we will lose by 30 and tank mode is back on again

Yeah, they need to stop with the wins now. Develop the younger players, but stop winning.

No more home games, that's what we need. :lol:

so which one will it be?

Riggin for Wiggins

Scandal for Randle

Sorry (for losing all these games this season) for Jabari

Let's be real, we aren't winning a title either, so the goal remains, get the best draft position you can get.

Can't get Wiggins or Parker, ok, how bout Randle?

Or Marcus Smart?

Or Dante Exum?

Aaron Gordon?

Because ANY of those guys would suddenly become our best piece of the franchise. 36 year old Kobe would no longer hold that title.

Going 41-41, getting the **** beat out of us in the first round by a #1 seed and getting the 15th pick is pretty freaking stupid when you watch all those elite prospects fill in on the rest of the Western teams "below" us. Only they would be combining them with other young talent, we'd be left with a bunch of one year contracts and 2 old vets on their last legs.

This is not a difficult concept to grasp. You don't win a prize for just making the playoffs. You DO win a prize for landing a top __ lottery pick. (1-4-7-9, whatever)

i def agree the draft would be one of the best ways to move this franchise forward from a rebuilding standpoint. i had this team making the playoffs, its just so hard to root for losses :frown:

but maybe i am a prisioner of the moment since the all 3 played well yesterday. will revisit my feels once kobe returns

Last edited:
But that's not living realistically. We are a 30 win team without Kobe. Kobe will put us around .500 or better.

There won't be a tanking. There isn't a let's get the best pick we can. It's play the season with heart.

As much as I want the Lakers to stay winning every season, this is one of those year where it is ideal to just prepare for the future. The upcoming draft is filled with good young prospects that could help some teams right out of the gate. Hopefully we would be able to pick one of them. Also, let's be real, this team with/without Kobe won't make any noise in the playoffs if we even get there. What's the point of going hard for the playoffs and then just get our ***** kicked at the first round?

I'd say let's hope to get to at least the first 5 picks.

Next year's draft is just one step towards a bright future for this team, we still have the free agency to look forward to. :smile:

Last edited:
Man, listen... Why not blow it up if you're ceiling is the 2011 Suns?

This type of draft comes every 15 years, but y'all wanna get the 8th seed.

Last edited:
Steve Kerr said Joslin for Jabari. Doesn't rhyme, but clever. Lakers could be 0-9, they're doing too much. We don't need a top 3 pick which would be ideal, anywhere from 4-8 would be gravy. We don't even know what Kobe is going to look like when he gets back, he may not be good enough to push us to .500. I really hope he stays away until Christmas at the earliest. Meanwhile, go 0-until Kobe gets back :smile:

Back
Top Bottom